THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 14 = two weeks nc!! I feel this is an achievement! I also feel this is where it gets difficult....Oooo Melting where are you planning on going for your holiday? I wish I could go on a holiday!!! When I've finished uni I am definitely going to arrange something even just for a weekend. I'm meant to be going in to uni today but I just can't face it...I'm going to concentrate on my essays and email in my title...I'll have to say the trains weren't working or something..

I had a lot of sexual dreams about the ex last night...definitely not helpful. I kind of wish I could just become asexual for a while, I'm pretty sure it would make things a little easier. I wonder if he's already had sex with someone else, don't. think. about. it.

Day 6 NC and im loving it!

Sad part is in 2 days I am back at work and I will see you and speak to you again.... Not by my choice!

It has been 3mths since we broke up and I feel sad that you are still in my life and I am still very much emotionally attached to you.

Well done lonelyheart, I can't wait till I am on Day 14. My longest so far has been 8!

Ok...so..I think I may have to go for NIC now...he just messaged me, I changed my profile picture today and I guess he just happened to see it somewhere and messaged me

'sophia! was just gunna send you some link of a french girl talking about winne the pooh, but saw your piccy.... it's very pretty of course, but you look so

watch this, cheer up! ;P

'

I thought my profile picture looked thoughtful not sad....anyway it is a really cute video but really what a way to break my nc hmmm

Day 4 officially I think.

Haven't spoken to him since Monday. I'm oddly calm since I ended complete contact. I get this somewhat evil satisfaction out of taking myself away from him. Almost like it's a punishment. It's only fitting since the breakup was my punishment for giving him a piece of my mind.

He has to make it on his own now. No huge supporter babying him in everything he does now.

I think about how he will graduate college this month and how his birthday is in 10 days but I have no urge to contact him for those days. Im sure he is expecting it and LOL wont it be a shock to his system when I go all day w/o a peep? He can go back to feeling like nobody loves him or cares about him. It's just a shame I have to miss these things, but he made his choice.

Day 5 NC

Had today off work, its emotionally taking its toll on me seeing him every day. I need like a year off work!

Booked a holiday today, so that will give me 2wks where I don't have to see him and hopefully I can heal alot in that time.

why dont u look for opportunities outside your company? i cant imagine having to see an ex everyday at work.

i strongly advise no office romance.

Day 35

Sometimes it seems like this is getting harder! Absence makes the heart grow fonder - but I'm trying to get over him! I 100% miss him now, I'm not thinking of him when I'm busy but when I come back home I just wish I could give him a call or a text and see how he's doing, like things used to be. I'm going out tonight for a posh gathering and if somebody else hadn't bought the ticket for me, I don't think I would go. Hopefully I'll enjoy it but I'm not particularly in the mood for it right now

The high emotions after break-up have more or less subsided, and I'm just left with an empty part of my life now I'm trying my hardest not to cave in, I wouldn't even know what to say to him. Gosh, this is hard.

Day 5: Success. Passed her walking outside on he way to a deli. She didn't just look sad; she looked purposefully sad. It made me sad to think that she was trying to communicate something, but I wasn't going to go for a pity party. The worst thing about it was, a mutual friend was with me, and we passed her in silence. Ugh. I told the mutual friend later it is perfectly ok to say hi to her if I'm around. She must have felt like the nerdy kid in class while the popular kids walked by. UGH! Can't think about her feelings. She has her own support. Focus on me. Not even online contact that day; no Facebook games, no profile stalking, nothing. Now for a long weekend with an old friend.

Song for the day: Glee Season 1 Sectionals, You Can't Always Get What You Want

After 10 days of NC, I did 5 days of LC and I'm glad. I'm now on my 3rd day of NC after he said that he might want to see me next week.

In my first period of NC I was always thinking about what he was doing, it was driving me crazy! During LC we texted four times because my favourite band will be playing in our city next year, so when the news came out he instantly texted to tell me the good news and a simple "how are you?". We were friendly and we didn't talk about our BU or us.

Now I feel stronger. I'm calmer than I was before because I just realized it would be better to assume the worst. He is talking to women and trying to meet other women and have sex with them. I'm not ready to do the same, to meet new men and definitely no sex. But I'm not gonna wait for him.

I'm so looking forward to my therapy session on monday, I need to transform what I'm feeling into something positive that will make me a better person. Not for him, but for me and for everyone that is and will be in my life. I still feel he is the love of my life and he was the first person I wanted to marry, see the world and have kids with. And I know I'm the love of his life.

He broke up with his ex on January 2009 (as I did) and we knew each other but we didn't talk much. He spent 2009 healing and on new year's eve he didn't feel like partying with his friends or spending it with another woman he didn't care about. He spent it with his parents and after midnight he just drove around the city and listened to The Smiths' "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" and wished he would find the love of his life because everything else was great. He only needed love to be complete.

So we got closer in January and in May we started dating. He always said I was the one he was wishing for.

Well, I guess only time can tell what will happen to us. I'm sad, but I'm comfortable with being sad, because it will get better, one way or another.

Sometimes it is okay to break NC, so you can have closure. I had closure without discussing our relationship. I just accepted how everything went. Even if it ended on November 11th, it still will be a great love story.

THAT felt good

Day 7 NC

Started to see a therapist last week, as my healing is going backwards. I have high hopes that they will be able to help me manage my emotions.

I just don't understand my luck, getting dumped by a guy and then a month later he gets a job with me and sitting next to me! I have been there far to long to just up and leave and up until now I absolutely loved my job.

Well i'm over 2 weeks of NC now and the urge to contact him at the moment is pretty low

He's thrown 4 Breadcrumbs at me this week after originally ignoring my last text 2 weeks ago which lead me to start the NC challenge again.

The breadcrumbs don't mean anything. This week he's texted me twice (both 1 line rubbish texts) and emailed twice (again, both 1 line, rubbish) At first when I saw he'd emailed me my heart did a huge flip, then i read the 1 line email, and I was like 'HUH? IS THAT ALL?!' Im only worth a 1 LINE EMAIL OR TEXT?!! i am finally not reading anything into them anymore.

NC is helping me tremendously. A little part of me wants to slate him for his stupid drips of contact and meaningless, cold texts especially now its coming up to christmas. he hasnt made one attempt to find out what ive been getting upto for the past 6 months! but then I dont want to waste my text usage on someone like that.

NC ALL THE WAY

Day 5 since we've spoken. Day 3 complete NC.

I'm missing him tonight but and it's because I'm bored but I wont contact him. I still feel like this is his punishment for being such a horrible boyfriend and I wish he is utterly miserable without me. I'm sure it's not even on his mind as he has a sick way of shutting feelings off, but I figure you can only do that for so long though before it eats you up. It's pointless for me to be wondering what he's doing. I just hope he's having a bad time whatever it is.

day 6 - felt very happy and at peace all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am loving this NC. i feel happier and more confident with each passing day. i am determined to keep this NC in full effect not to get us back together, but to make myself feel better and to give myself a clean slate to move on and start living my life.

Not doing NC anymore and of Thursday. Still trying to figure out why I felt nothing after I re-friended him on Facebook. I'll admit I've been stalking his profile over the past few days, but more than anything else, like sadness, pain, hurt, and any other feelings of that type, I just feel annoyed. Annoyed with him, his wife, his life. Irritated and angry a little bit.

I feel emotionally closed off right now.... generally speaking. Is it a defense mechanism? Am I going to lose it all of a sudden at some point??? I hope not.

Day 7 of NC, but almost 2 months post break up, and I still have hope brewing inside of me. And I really do despise it, just want to rip it out and cast it away, so I can focus 100% on myself and can live without thinking about you so often everyday. I broke NC because you contacted me last week, telling me you are not holding back, thinking of me, asking me if it's too soon. Then I finally responded 3 days later, and you were dismissive, and said we would talk soon. Are your words always empty? Why are you so full of sh**?

day 7 - glad the day is almost over. i felt down all day not because i miss him or our relationship but because i failed despite all my efforts

this weekend was very productive

got some paperwork done. packed, moved and unpacked all my things. a step closer to a clean break up and ready to erase him from my life forever

one month makes such a difference if you focus on your goals of moving on. my family and friends are very proud of me for all my accomplishments and are surprised at how strong and determined i am to step away from a difficult situation knowing that I deserve so much better than what my ex had to offer.

I know I am not doing strict nc because I am replying to his messages but I am coming on here to stop me sending him messages once those moments are over and just to assess how I am feeling, I don't intend on speaking to him again until christmas but I can't be sure that he won't talk to me...so anyway I'm here to stop myself talking to him from now until then......DAY ONE!

Day 6

Missing him more than I did yesterday, but still I will not contact him. It feels like tough love in a sense. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he does not miss me and I know I am probably right. What worked for me was sending the email saying I no longer wanted to be friends. I feel like I have to keep this contract with myself and if he misses me badly enough he will come searching for me whether it be a call, text, email or IM. Chasing them does no good because if they do come back around as in my case it's just for sex and I deserve more than that. The hardest pill to swallow is realizing how little I meant. I mean if he can go this long not contacting me how much did he ever really love me? Couldn't have been that much. I chalk it up to him being emotionally immature. I hope he never finds anyone or knows any happiness or love again.

Day 93

BU:Sept 2nd

Last time I tried reaching out: Sept 16.

I haven't posted here in a long time. Reason why I'm back? Feeling lonely again. Ive been feeling muuuch better! Better then ever. But lately its been hard.

Didn't get to celebrate my birthday or Thanksgiving with her. And Dec 2nd made 3 months since our breakup. Not too mention Dec 11th we wouldve made 2 years together

This cold weather in NYC and Christmas holiday right around the corner is making these feelings of missing her stronger. I miss her like crazy and actually think I'm going to make contact sometime around Christmas. I haven't heard a single word from her since Sept 2nd. She gave me the complete silent treatment. If only she knew what id do to hold her once again.

Survived Day 1.

Today was the first time since we have been working together that he hasn't contacted me in some form. Perhaps it has finally sunk into that thick skull of his what a * * * * * * * he actually is. Hope he is riddled with guilt for leading me on and then tossing me to the kerb.