THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 2 but more like Day 1

I told myself not to go on his facebook again. But I did, after a friend posted that she saw him and his roommate at the gym in a tagged note. The link to his profile was begging to be clicked, and I did. I didn't look through pictures, but just a sad feeling crept over me right now. Moments before I was feeling okay. This just shows I need to stay the hell away from his page...it just triggers too much. So this is Day 1 again, and I really need to learn how to let go. I am trying my best to tell myself there is no future with him again. First loves I guess are meant as tools for learning...

I think I need to start facebook no contact....

it's not fair that my ex never has to see my profile but I always look at his (through a mutual friends profile). I know it's pathetic but I get some kind of comfort knowing he's alright...

WHY DO I WORRY AND CARE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A * * * * ABOUT ME!

Day 2. Have not gone to his Facebook page, texted or called. I think about him constantly and am just sick of it! I want control of my mind back. Two weeks since the break up and it's not lessening? I'm keeping my weekends full. I'm gonna see an old boyfriend (we're just friends now) on Saturday and I'm tempted to take him to "our" bar. Bad idea?

Day 2. Have not gone to his Facebook page, texted or called. I think about him constantly and am just sick of it! I want control of my mind back. Two weeks since the break up and it's not lessening? I'm keeping my weekends full. I'm gonna see an old boyfriend (we're just friends now) on Saturday and I'm tempted to take him to "our" bar. Bad idea?

You should do it! Like if you don't face those places where you've had good times with your recent ex, then you'll keep running away from them, which can make the healing process a little more difficult.

After my break up, I was too scared to go to some places to eat (Subway, bubbletea, teriyaki experience, etc). Sorry if that's weird but, I talked to a friend and she told me the only way to get over those places is to just go there. And once I go there a few times, I will stop thinking about my ex. And it worked! I just go there and I never really think about her. If she can enjoy her life, why can't I?

Day 24

My ex has been doing some really crazy stuff this week. There's no doubt in my mind that he's mentally ill. I learned something today that was so wacko and hurtful, I don't know whether to hate his guts or have him committed. It's really frightening to watch someone you loved have a complete nervous breakdown. I worry about him but he scares the **** out of me now. Guess the only bright side is it makes NC a breeze . . . he contacts me almost every day and I have absolutely no urge to respond.

affirmation: run CC, run!

You should do it! Like if you don't face those places where you've had good times with your recent ex, then you'll keep running away from them, which can make the healing process a little more difficult.

After my break up, I was too scared to go to some places to eat (Subway, bubbletea, teriyaki experience, etc). Sorry if that's weird but, I talked to a friend and she told me the only way to get over those places is to just go there. And once I go there a few times, I will stop thinking about my ex. And it worked! I just go there and I never really think about her. If she can enjoy her life, why can't I?

OK, you've inspired me. I kept going back and forth asking myself if I was thinking about going there with my friend in hopes my ex would see me there with another guy when i really don't want to make him think he's been replaced or if I was just too intimidated to go at all. I don't know which it is, but I'm gonna give it a go anyway! This is a small town. There isn't a lot too choose from and I am gonna run into him sooner or later...I wanna feel strong when I do, though.

Day 2 of NC of a very on/off relationship that has been going on for 1 year. This guy is emotionally unavailable and it is always the same story: we start dating, get super close for 1-2 months and he pulls away. A few weeks later, we start talking again, and the cycle repeats itself.

I really thought that this time was different because he finally decided to be exclusive, introduced me to all of his friends, was being nice to all of my friends... and then... bam, he pulls away AGAIN.

We haven't seen eachother for 1 week and haven't spoken to him since Sunday. I miss him SO much but I don't want to get over him. I want to do NC so that he misses me.

But, I have done NC before and I know it starts with wanting to get the person back and then slowly you start getting YOUR life back...

I feel that this is not the end of us because deep down I believe we love eachother but all I know is that I need some time from him.

Days 1-5 are the worse. I hope I can make it until the end of the weekend...then I can shoot for the 30 days! =]

OOft

Back to square one again. At least this time it was amicable, I told her I was sorry for the nasty things I said, told her I would stop threatening they guy she was cheating with.

She did actually apologise for hurting me though which kinda made it a lot better. I really feel like it's moved me on a little....

Back to the grind...

I'm on holiday. Normally I love this place. The last time I was here wasn't with her, but I wrote her a postcard. The internet connection is terrible. I miss home. In fact it occurred to me that the feeling of missing her, of her being missing from my life, is pretty much like home-sickness. Like a string between me and her, or me and home, has been pulled taut, to breaking point, and is pulling out my heart. Like being dangled by the chest from a bunjee cord. Horrible. I don't really want to be here. I smile, I laugh, but in every silence or lull my thoughts are all of her.

Day 15

I hit a rough patch, somehow it's back to square 1 again. Dunno if it's normal after two weeks or not, but I seriously have moments when I feel like sh*t. All those thoughts running through my head, missing her to bits, hating her a few minutes later when I realise she's with someone and that they hooked up only a month after our break up. Can't cope with it, cannot understand it, just simply cannot understand it...

the_dawn

Day 15

I hit a rough patch, somehow it's back to square 1 again. Dunno if it's normal after two weeks or not, but I seriously have moments when I feel like sh*t. All those thoughts running through my head, missing her to bits, hating her a few minutes later when I realise she's with someone and that they hooked up only a month after our break up. Can't cope with it, cannot understand it, just simply cannot understand it...

the_dawn

Meh, I still feel like * * * * and it's been nearly two months. Mine dated some other guy after three weeks... he didn't last more than a couple though, thankfully.

Hi mate,

yeah I reckon it will be a long and bumpy road and the thought of them together simply kills me, even though I try to think about it as little as I can, normally distracting myself somehow when my mind enters that thought track. Of course dreaming about her every night doesn't make the process any easier.

the_dawn

Well, even though I'm around six months out i've finally committed to doing this. I'm on day 5. The last "contact" was a happy birthday text that didn't get responded to. Just had confirmation that she jumped into another relationship with someone multiple states away not long after she kicked me to the curb. If there is something that is work related I'll respond in kind, but now I know her true colors. I just hope for her daughters sake some day she will mature into an adult. I'm truly glad I found this out, now I can cut her off as much as possible.

Funny thing is I saw her in the hall today as I was talking with a coworker. Didn't give her more than the type of glance you would give a random person on the street.

Day 3.

When do you stop imagining your next meeting and fantasizing about how you're gonna play it out? I mean, there shouldn't even BE a next meeting, right? I feel like I will be in this awful "limbo" waiting mode forever. I want to get to where I don't feel like I'm waiting anymore. How long does that take, for God's sake?

Day 2.

I think I am beginning to knock some real sense into me - he won't come back. I just know. This timing thing is ridiculous, we're each other's first loves and first break-ups...I'm sure the statistic is extremely low for us to get back together. So I just know that the cold hard truth is he probably has no intention of reconciling. I don't want to hold onto hope anymore. I've been trying out the stop thought technique, and it's been helping. I want to get better for ME now, and I have so many things I want to do and accomplish.

Day 5 - I have broken NC a couple of times in the past month so I am back at day 5.... previous I had hope but now everything is such a distant memory, 3 months since the break up and a month on from last seeing her. She clearly doesn't want to be with me and I dont even feel I want to be with her, I just hate the thought of her with other people, then again Im sure every ex feels this way....

The sad thing is, I still have hope for her to contact me, just because she has never stuck it out. Maybe I am not over her like I think I am, or maybe I just want to feel wanted, I don't know. Either way every day gets easier.

I am on Day 3 and it feels SO bad. Specially because I know that if I contacted him he would be nice and we would probably start our push-pull cycle again.

Well, the push-pull cycle seems damn better than the not speaking to him at all one.

I don't think I will be able to make it to 30. Today, I realized how I'd rather have crumbs from his than nothing at all!

Day 2, 06/09/10

So far I still feel bad when getting home and nothing is on my phone after a long day of work. What used to be an text inbox constantly filled with hearts, smiles and love, is now a desolate cobweb-collecting can of emptiness. She was supposed to take a test today that I had been encouraging her about since a month back.

She had asked me on Sunday to celebrate with her if she passed, and I told her "Sounds Good" (Nor yes nor no), and haven't heard from her Since Monday evening. This is the first time we go this long without contact. I wonder if she misses me.

Day 3 (but technically Day 36...I'd be on a roll if I had never checked his facebook!)

I'm feeling much better than yesterday especially after reading this excellent blog post: link removed I keep repeating in my mind, "Reject the rejector!" and it feels pretty damn good. I am continuing with the thought stopping techniques and trying to keep myself busy...I wish I had something to do, but I guess job hunting is enough to get my mind off things.

• Like 1
Day 3 (but technically Day 36...I'd be on a roll if I had never checked his facebook!)

I'm feeling much better than yesterday especially after reading this excellent blog post: link removed I keep repeating in my mind, "Reject the rejector!" and it feels pretty damn good. I am continuing with the thought stopping techniques and trying to keep myself busy...I wish I had something to do, but I guess job hunting is enough to get my mind off things.

Ugghhhh I hate Facebook for this same purpose!!! lol I am about to remove her from my live feed. I am pretty well self-controlled when it comes to visiting her page but I can't help it when its on my feed. So tonight I am making some adjustments! ](*,)

Ugghhhh I hate Facebook for this same purpose!!! lol I am about to remove her from my live feed. I am pretty well self-controlled when it comes to visiting her page but I can't help it when its on my feed. So tonight I am making some adjustments! ](*,)

Hey! There's totally a solution for that!! If something about her pops up on your live feed, like her status update for example, drag your mouse over to it on the side of it and you will see a little "x" button that allows you to HIDE her activity for good so nothing will come up again!

Hope it works!