THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

It is supposed to be Day 12, but I couldn't complete the challenge. I broke NC today by emailing him. It was really short though. He'll be back in the states in less then two weeks. I just wrote "just wanted to wish you a safe trip home" and that was it. I don't expect a response. I really think what happened was that I just thought about him coming back and there would be a slim chance that we would talk. We haven't talked at all since the break up almost 4 months ago except for a few "hope you're doing well" or suggestions on stuff emails.

It was 3 and a half years that we were together, and a part of me doesn't have enough closure since he broke up with me when we were doing the long distance thing. I am hoping for a meeting, but am not sure about the outcome. I guess by sending him that short message I am trying to show that he can still reach out if he wants to. I'm just weak right now.

It is supposed to be Day 12, but I couldn't complete the challenge.

It was 3 and a half years that we were together, and a part of me doesn't have enough closure since he broke up with me when we were doing the long distance thing.

don't beat yourself up...look at it as being successful for 12 days...

why didn't you get closure? i ask because i am wanting/needing the same...not sure if i'll get it but i NEED it...my personal view is if they are a quality person then they will give us information so there is closure. if not....well i think it speaks volumes about them as a person. i hope you get your closure so you can move on with your life...hang in there.

Day 2 for me. - wow, it seems like ages

Today, work was hard. We work at the same place (different branches). But I just couldnt concentrate all day. I wake up with night sweats.

I do feel better now though. Hopefully, studying gets my mind off things

don't beat yourself up...look at it as being successful for 12 days...

why didn't you get closure? i ask because i am wanting/needing the same...not sure if i'll get it but i NEED it...my personal view is if they are a quality person then they will give us information so there is closure. if not....well i think it speaks volumes about them as a person. i hope you get your closure so you can move on with your life...hang in there.

Thanks. I will look at it that way.

I don't know it I will get the closure from him. It is most likely from within me and me forgiving and forgetting. He was a good guy, but we were in different places in our lives. I understand his need to move on and explore different options. He broke up with me by email after 3 and half years of in a serious relationship. Not only was it by email. It was only two lines. I just want more then that and I feel that the time that we had together deserves more then two lines. I am still a bit hurt and angry at that. I just want him to tell me that I was an important part of his life and that I am a good beautiful person but just not the one for him. I don't know if that will make things better, but at least it is something. Thanks for the support. I hope that you too will find your closure.

he may have been a "good guy" but in my book good people don't break up after 3.5 yrs via a 2 line email. that just sucks on so many levels...he owes you the curtesy at least telling you in person. that's the way i feel about my situation. 2 lines in a impersonal email is a slap in the face.

i am sure you are a beautiful person but everyone who puts in 3.5 years into a relationship deserves closure. i think you are VERY lucky to have somehow sidestepped wasting more of your life with this guy.

i wish you the best and hang in there. you will get through this...

Day 47

Doing ok, woke up from another weird dream, this time it was very sexual and she was being normal towards me like it was when we were first dating.

Dreams I dont get them..... I am doing ok though not to sad

Start of day 32.

I haven't been on here as much for a couple of days. I have been feeling so much better about things. I don't want the ex back at all and things are progressing nicely (but carefully) with the new guy.

Hope everybody else is ok

wonderful news cat!!!!

Thanks.

It didn't take much for me to get over it, the minute I find out someone has lied to me/about me (as I did about him) or cheated, that person just doesn't exist anymore. I'm not angry or upset. I don't feel anything, just indifference.

Everybody on here has been very supportive and I don't think I would have made it to this point without the encouragment. I may stick around and spread the Cat love, but you'll all get annoyed with my jollyness eventually...you'll be begging me to log off...LOL

Ta muchly

Thanks.

It didn't take much for me to get over it, the minute I find out someone has lied to me/about me (as I did about him) or cheated, that person just doesn't exist anymore. I'm not angry or upset. I don't feel anything, just indifference.

Everybody on here has been very supportive and I don't think I would have made it to this point without the encouragment. I may stick around and spread the Cat love, but you'll all get annoyed with my jollyness eventually...you'll be begging me to log off...LOL

Ta muchly

rotflmao....

what you said about getting over someone who lies and cheats....bingo....the key is you have reasons for closure and you processed that and did so...congrats on that!

i have 3 more days and i hope to have closure too...i am hoping for a positive but....one never knows for sure do they?

happiness to you CAT...keep the kitty joy coming and have a GREAT day!

Day 48

Thinking about him way too much again......maybe because I know I will be in his city in 5 weeks (1.5 hours away by plane). I dont think I will be strong enough NOT to contact him. Won't do it before I reach 60 days of NC in any case....

Day 60

Wow. I made it

I'm kinda happy being single, actually. It's a refreshing change for now. I don't think I'll be counting the days anymore, and won't come back here unless I break NC. For those of you going through it now, best of luck, keep your chins up and remember: you're doing this for YOU.

Good job Cat! Glad to see you so positive and inspiring on this thread!

Day 60

Wow. I made it

I'm kinda happy being single, actually. It's a refreshing change for now. I don't think I'll be counting the days anymore, and won't come back here unless I break NC. For those of you going through it now, best of luck, keep your chins up and remember: you're doing this for YOU.

Wahoo, well done SG.

I'm the same as you, I'm on here less and less. But it has been so helpful, especially your posts. Your also very positive and inspiring.

Day 33 (I think), I'm going to stop counting, it only makes me think of the ex, and I'd rather not. Not because it hurts, it's just a waste of my time...LOL.

Day 60

Wow. I made it

Well done ScorpiGal That will make it 61 days for me then

I feel so much better now than I did 30 days ago and my outlook in life is much more positive. It's funny the last time I was in contact with my ex feels like yesterday, I have no idea what she's doing and to be honest I prefer to keep it that way. I will soon stop counting the days too, in order to move on I have to.

All the best everyone, if I can reach 61 days of NC, anyone can!

Well done ScorpiGal That will make it 61 days for me then

I feel so much better now than I did 30 days ago and my outlook in life is much more positive. It's funny the last time I was in contact with my ex feels like yesterday, I have no idea what she's doing and to be honest I prefer to keep it that way. I will soon stop counting the days too, in order to move on I have to.

All the best everyone, if I can reach 61 days of NC, anyone can!

congrats phil...every day gets easier and that's not saying it's "easy"....just better. focus on your future and keep up the good in your life...

it's been different in a good sort of way, perhaps life is returning to normal?

most of you reading this are not alone, there are many people here who have overcome this and gone on to find even more happiness than before...

good luck to all and have a great day!

day 4 - im checking this forum way too much.

Got loads of exams to study for. I think Im still clinging onto hope

you do have hope k, perhaps your hope should be in yourself, in your happiness regardless of whether he/she is in your life.

do keep hope alive...work on being patient.

dare to believe....