Clubbing and not Pulling

Mace

Which is why I always tell guys that are looking to pickup girls to stay far away from the dancefloor. As the saying goes, "it's a trap!"

Don't get me wrong, it's great if you already have a girl into you and want to escalate the physical contact. However, the odds of pulling a girl who you met while dancing/grinding is slim to none.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bless your soul! LOL. My point all along (kinda).

A guy who looks "stupid" dancing is better looking or more attractive than Mr. too posh to dance (no matter how good looking he may be).

''Too posh to dance'',wow that sums up every guy who prefers not to dance does it?You obviously have no idea what it is like to be a shy,socially awkward person .
''Too posh to dance'', that sums up every guy who prefers not to dance does it?You obviously have no idea what it is like to be a shy,socially awkward person .

No it may not sum up every guy who doesn't want to dance... but the attitude in refusing to dance looks much the same. I've asked many men to dance and the once who reject seem to have the same type of attitude and outlook on dancing.

Actually I do have a clue. I used to be one (in bold). But you know what is different from me and you and (j15)? Is that I broke through my shell and made it a point to become less socially akward. Now, it doesn't have to include dancing, but it does encompass trying new things that may... make you look a little silly the first time you have at it.

No it may not sum up every guy who doesn't want to dance... but the attitude in refusing to dance looks much the same. I've asked many men to dance and the once who reject seem to have the same type of attitude and outlook on dancing.

Actually I do have a clue. I used to be one (in bold). But you know what is different from me and you and (j15)? Is that I broke through my shell and made it a point to become less socially akward. Now, it doesn't have to include dancing, but it does encompass trying new things that may... make you look a little silly the first time you have at it.

If you asked me to dance and I found you attractive and was interested,I still would refuse to dance with you but I then might offer to buy you a drink.Actually I would be up for learning to dance in the privacy of my own home before doing it in public.Would you give me some lessons?
Where did he say he had a problem with other people dancing? It's not about looking perfect either ,but I think one would want to be able to dance reasonably well before attempting it in a public place.

Well, for some perhaps but you'd be plenty surprised how "stupid" some people look while dancing. They may have no rythm, no good moves, and look blantently stupid. But they don't care.

Not sure I said he had a problem with others dancing. But he does constantly question why one would enjoy such an activity. Why else? Because I do. He doesn't just say it's not for him, he constantly questioned my need and my want to dance.

And for him it sure did seem like it was about looking perfect. He says over and over why would I want to look stupid. That leads me to believe he only doesn't do it becasue he will look stupid.

If you asked me to dance and I found you attractive and was interested,I still would refuse to dance with you but I then might offer to buy you a drink.Actually I would be up for learning to dance in the privacy of my own home before doing it in public.Would you give me some lessons?

See if I was interested in you for more than a dance partner (presumably) I would take you up on your drink.

But if you read my previous posts... I would write off a guy who refused to dance. But a willingness to learn and you'd be an acception. I would encourage us (if this situation were true) to take dance lessons with me. I can almost *ALMOST* assure you, you would not be the wrost guy in the class.

That's pretty bad IMO.

I have never had much of an urge to drink. I've tasted a few things, and they tasted terrible.

I wouldn't want to date someone who drank alot anyways.

I agree. I didn't really realize this as much when I first tried clubs. But I got the sense that there are alot in there like that.

I also wouldn't go after a drunk chick anyways. That's wrong IMO.

Well in a club you can't tell you is drunk all the time - they might be 'just enough' drunk to have their inhibitions lowered. You also wouldn't know who drinks regularly and who is only drinking a few socially. But i guess this is all besides the point since you agree it's a bad place to try to pick up women.

If you were a casual drinker I would suggest finding a quiet neighborhood bar that caters to a demographic of people close to yourself (as in age, income level, etc - there are so many to choose from in most cities and they can cater to different groups) but since you don't drink i suggest link removed (they have a bunch of groups for singles based on activities, a guy friend of mine for instance joined up on a co ed softball and football team), online dating and coffee houses.

kudos to you for not liking to drink. I am a social drinker so i have no probs with it but since you don't drink that could easily make up for your lack of liking to dance - most women who dance a lot like to drink (not that they are alcoholics or anything and i include myself in this, when i go out to dance i almost always have a few brews) thus the type of women who also don't drink will likely very much appreciate a guy like you who does not drink and there is a good chance if she never drinks she isn't into dancing anyway. So it all can work out in your favor. LOL

I do suggest looking at most things in life with an open mind tho....dancing aside from the point. You will have a far easier time attracting women if you have a little bit of humility in that you are not afraid to try something new and crawl outside of yourself sometimes ....that is an attractive trait for anyone, male or female. you will find that very closed off people have the hardest time finding a date. Women and men like and value flexibility.

It is when you chest presses against theirs and makes a fart noise.

Ah, that makes sense. I've experienced something similar with mine or her lower back getting pressed flat against the linolium or wood floors. When lifting up it sounds like a big fart because your body basically suction cups to the floor.

See if I was interested in you for more than a dance partner (presumably) I would take you up on your drink.

But if you read my previous posts... I would write off a guy who refused to dance. But a willingness to learn and you'd be an acception. I would encourage us (if this situation were true) to take dance lessons with me. I can almost *ALMOST* assure you, you would not be the wrost guy in the class.

I am athletic,fit and in good shape but never learned to dance.I think it is an important skill to have if you are trying to meet women in bars,but obviously it isn't the only way ,it's importance does seem magnified in a bar.I am a shy man,I would probably feel like all eyes would be watching me if I was up on the dance floor.Believe me ,I would love to be able to dance the night away and no I wouldn't want to look perfect I just wouldn't want to stand out as ridiculously bad,which I probably would right now.When I was a child in school I remember them making us square dance in gym class and it was horrifyingly embarassing for me,I was so small and shy back then.I know I am not that awkward kid now but I just never learned how to dance.
.If you were a casual drinker I would suggest finding a quiet neighborhood bar that caters to a demographic of people close to yourself (as in age, income level, etc - there are so many to choose from in most cities and they can cater to different groups) but since you don't drink i suggest link removed (they have a bunch of groups for singles based on activities, a guy friend of mine for instance joined up on a co ed softball and football team), online dating and coffee houses.

I don't really do any activities.

there is a good chance if she never drinks she isn't into dancing anyway. So it all can work out in your favor. LOL

I'd hope so. Drunk chicks aren't all that attractive.

I do suggest looking at most things in life with an open mind tho....dancing aside from the point. You will have a far easier time attracting women if you have a little bit of humility in that you are not afraid to try something new and crawl outside of yourself sometimes ....that is an attractive trait for anyone, male or female. you will find that very closed off people have the hardest time finding a date. Women and men like and value flexibility.

I do try to have an open mind. But nobody is gonna try everything.

I just don't see any fun in making myself look bad. It's never worked out for me when I do stupid things and became the center of attention.

Well your openess to the subject already gets you miles ahead of jonny15 and I hope you know why.

Yes, dancing could really help you pick up women especially in a bar.

But realize this, it's not that hard to learn! And if it's freestyle all you really have to do is step right, step left, step right, step left. Seen Hitch? There you go.

As for structured dances... (salsa, swing, 2 step, ballroom) take a lesson (wonderful place to meet women!) These teachers are brilliant! Granted it is about 100% times harder for a man to learn how to dance than a woman... (men lead... women follow... always) but if you're committed you'll meet tons of ladies... as you get better you'll be seeked out by women, women will line up and claim dibbs on you at dances and your confidence will take a shot for the stars.

As much as i love to dance i abhor line dancing or any kind of dancing that is structured...so I will have to stand in defense of guys who would refuse to go to classes to learn that type of dancing. LOL

I'll dance freestyle and in my own way. I have rhythm and can't stand to be told where to move or how to move! LOL

As much as i love to dance i abhor line dancing or any kind of dancing that is structured...so I will have to stand in defense of guys who would refuse to go to classes to learn that type of dancing. LOL

I'll dance freestyle and in my own way. I have rhythm and can't stand to be told where to move or how to move! LOL

That seems to be the way most people dance today and it probably wouldn't take very long to learn a few moves that would make one appear somewhat confident as a dancer.

Oh but how it's so different than that once you've finally broke out of the learning phase... after that it IS freestyle.

Yea but it isn't about a learning phase. I could do any type of dancing like that if i wanted to. I just do not like the conformity of it.

That seems to be the way most people dance today and it probably wouldn't take very long to learn a few moves that would make one appear somewhat confident as a dancer.

But i AM a confident dancer. I am very good at it.

Someone who was born with rhythm and loves dance learning to do those hideous line dances is much like an artist being told to color in a coloring book IMO.

And aside from that the people who DON"T like to dance might not enjoy the contrived part of learning it a certain way even more boring.

Someone who was born with rhythm and loves dance learning to do those hideous line dances is much like an artist being told to color in a coloring book IMO.

Well to each his own. But I completely disagree. You can put your own flavor into anything dancing and coloring book included.

Archived