• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bumping this...I love what Mr So and So said on page 1. What a great post. All dumpees in NC should read this all the frickin time.

I'm with you. Let's keep it front and center for awhile. So many of us can learn from Mr. So and So. I know I'll be reading it over and over as I progress through NC.

• 8 months later...

I just thought this thread deserves a bump.

Everyone who has been dumped should read this thread, and particularly mrsoandso2009's words of wisdom.

It is the best advice I have seen during the countless hours spent trawling through this forum and I wish so much that I had seen it a couple of months ago.

• 4 weeks later...
"It is amazing how an ex can get you to pursue them and they don't even know they are doing it -- when you do pursue them, they reject you and feel even more certain of their decision. They get you to pursue, but then they reject you again and again.."

Dear Mr.SoandSo2009,

I want to say that you post should be read everyday twice by all ENA members on this getting back forum It is the only way to get your ex back--if there is even a small possibility of getting them back. As a dumper, this is precisely what I did and felt when I dumped my steady boyfriend. If a dumpee doesn't understand this, then it is a waste of months, years.

Bumb. All dumpees, please read this thread.

I am in the same situation like you bro! It is so hard for me to see her everyday staying at school studying and be by herself alone. I know she is doing it because it helps her to not think a lot. It keeps her busy from seeking help and love from others. Thats what I love her, her personality is so great and now where I am. I lost her. I regret things over and over again, beat myself up because my mistake. It has been more than 3 weeks since I started NC and I felt a little bit better. The last time we saw each other, she smiled at me. I did the same thing back and thats pretty much. I don't know how it will go but all we hope for the best right?! If it meant to be then it will be. At this point bro, stay at NC and keep being polite not totally ignore her if u run into her. and wish you the best!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is hard, but necessary, because you have to realize that if she were to come back to you, and only if the relationship is VIABLE, then it's really only worth it for her to come back because she works through her emptiness of living life without you and discovering that she misses you and wants to make a conscious choice for a deeper commitment.

What do you mean with the condition Viable relationship???A relationship that can be turned around again??? Or the reasons of BU weren't so strong???

What do you mean with the condition Viable relationship???A relationship that can be turned around again??? Or the reasons of BU weren't so strong???

My 2 cents on the concept of "Viable relationship": Long term relationship (> 1 year), among mature people (not high school relations) that ended on a good note (no cheating, no physical or emotional abuse), usually due to one of the parties "falling out of love", or other generic reasons such as GIGS, one emotional fight, etc, etc,...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a good thread, it makes more sense as to what my BF did. He sounded logical yet not logical at the same time. When I tried to talk to him about his decisions he got upset and didn't want to talk about it just said he couldn't be the person he needs to be for us to work. He still is in love with me, etc. I have been NC and this has helped me see why I need to be. I don't know if we have any hope for the future but we didn't end because of one of us doing something wrong, and I never want us to think badly of each other.

I believe NC is a way of healing yourself. Not trying to get them back although occasionally it can work as they start thinking you have moved on with them.

If you want them back, I would say LC is better. And when you are in contact, make it nice and fun. Not serious and asking why the hell you guys broke up. They don't want to come back to that shizzle. This can be talked about if you do get back together. Make them fall again for the person they fell for in the first place.

I wouldn't initiate contact though. Leave them to contact you. If they done nothing to hurt you apart from break up with you, then there is no reason not to speak to them. But I would hold off reply for a good couple of hours. You don't want them thinking you are actually waiting on them texting do you?

Again, NC is a way of making YOU feel better. Not trying to get them back.

Do not make the mistake of constantly texting/calling/e-mailing/stalking her. Let her do the running. She dumped you, she needs to prove why YOU should have HER back.

Oh, and perhaps sending a funny card for their birthday or at christmas with some kind of joke about something you both laughed about can help

I know this is about NC not working but most people go NC in the hope to win the other half back. I don't think it does, only very occasionally.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived