Rules of Attraction

bakerrac

Here's a question for the guys, though girls are welcome to give their input as well! This is a topic my friends and I debate quite often. How much does height matter? Do super tall guys, like 6ft+, generally look the other way when they see a short girl, say 5'3 or under? Even if they find her attractive? I'm 5'1 and tend to find myself most attracted to tall guys (I know the taller girls hate it when the shorties take the tall guys...sorry!), but does my height hinder my chances?

I know the answer to this question varies, but I'm just trying to get a consensus of opinions here.

I am 6'6 and I do not categorically exclude short girls but I prefer taller girls. It would seem to me that more guys have a problem dating a girl who is taller than them than a girl who is shorter. I dont think that you would have much of a problem dating tall guys, perhaps a problem here and there but nothing major.

I am 6'6. Having dated a 5'2 girl, I can say that there are some difficulties involved. Kissing was an issue. Certain positions in bed were an issue. And when we danced I felt out of place... like a dad taking his daughter out to prom.

On the other hand, attractive is attractive... regardless of height for me. And there is something to be said about having a girlfriend I can fit in my breast pocket.

>

All very interesting, and mostly encouraging! So now, my question is...does it really make a difference in bed? Does it really make it harder? I always seem to end up with shorter guys, but I've always thought it would be fun to be with a tall guy. There is something so sexy about a tall, athletic guy that could probably bench press me or effortlessly toss me around in bed...haha.

I love these threads. "Like I am really attractive, and the ideal height of 5'3" Can I ever get a guy?????? But only a really tall one??

humm-- but that being said I have tall friend like 6'4" and he used to date short girls, but now he is married to tall girl 5'11", and he says there are advantages like not having bend for so much for kissing and making out. I don't know why people must date somebody a foot taller, just seems uncomfortable??

i had an ex that was 5'0. i was 6'2 at the time. talk about good times. hehe know what i'm sayin?

yes, I loved being picked up and thrown around!

A tall guy can hoist me up... sigh..

Actually, being 5'1, most guys are taller than me anyway, so all is good!

yeehaw.

I'm 6' and I used to date any height until I realized it was a back breaking shore to do many things... The event that changed my opinion was when I was slow dancing with an ex and I felt like a meerkat as I moved around the dance floor with her head on my chest. It was to weird and it didn't feel romantic. That's when I decided to only date women about 5'6''-ish and above.

I think short men are far more likely to reject tall women than tall men reject short women, due to the cultural mores that say men 'should' be taller than women.

I see a ton of tall men with short girls, and not that many couples where the woman is significantly taller than the man.

Totally agree with this.... think the OP has nothing to worry about.

As a taller woman, I sometimes watch the height of men though, I admit... I prefer to date someone taller than me...and preferably taller than me including my heels (which means 6' +) ... I get envious of shorter women, so threads like this kinda make me laugh. Really don't think there is much to worry about.

Oh and as far as bed and playtime... don't worry about getting a super tall man, just get one strong enough if you are a tiny thing. I'm decently tall after all, but I've been tossed and carried around my fair share....it doesn't require a one foot height difference.

I love these threads. "Like I am really attractive, and the ideal height of 5'3" Can I ever get a guy?????? But only a really tall one??

madmarten...that's not what I was saying, so don't be rude. [-X

The reason I brought this up is simply because I often feel intimidated by the idea of approaching a man over 6ft tall because I'm afraid there is just too big of a height difference and he won't be into it. I realize that at 5'1 finding a guy taller than me is not a problem, and I never said I'm only looking for really tall guys. On the contrary, I have only dated guys on the shorter side, which is fine. I just wanted some opinions on how guys 6ft+ feel about short girls and how it effects physical interactions. Sheesh!

Everyone else, thank you for your input!

Archived