Animal rights.

Mavh25

Neither is the ad hominem argument towards pragmatic omnivours with an illogical pathos based stance on human nutritional evolution.

uh... what? lol

pretend like i dont have a college education... and never paid attention in high school.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well

Now I'm reading about the silver spring monkeys, that sounds like it was a pretty massive case. Its funny how when animals get rescued from cruelty, the scientists always go "that was planted! the activist did that!"

Yeah thats right, the animal rights activist sawed off his scalp...

Oh well

Now I'm reading about the silver spring monkeys, that sounds like it was a pretty massive case. Its funny how when animals get rescued from cruelty, the scientists always go "that was planted! the activist did that!"

Yeah thats right, the animal rights activist sawed off his scalp...

silver spring monkeys were a very touching case indeed. did they all make it out? i cant remember

ok to you that want to become vegetarians, isn't it how nature is? I mean many animals hunt kill other animals to live. the wild ones kill and eat us if they can. When we die some creatures feed themselves with our body! I agree we should limit killing animals to the least (as much as we actually need) but I can not find a solid reason not to eat meat.

ok to you that want to become vegetarians, isn't it how nature is? I mean many animals hunt kill other animals to live. the wild ones kill and eat us if they can. When we die some creatures feed themselves with our body! I agree we should limit killing animals to the least (as much as we actually need) but I can not find a solid reason not to eat meat.

i'm not sure who exactly you are referencing in this.

in this thread there are those who already are and those who arent.

and to be honest surprisingly we have all respected eachothers decisions from both sides.

i'd hate for this to turn into a heated debate, when it was just peaceful diversity.

i'm not sure who exactly you are referencing in this.

in this thread there are those who already are and those who arent.

and to be honest surprisingly we have all respected eachothers decisions from both sides.

i'd hate for this to turn into a heated debate, when it was just peaceful diversity.

It is not a hated debate, I just simply asked a question! I respect for everybody however they think, how did you get disrespect from my post? I just wondered because for example I got the idea from cairo post that she is kind of ashamed that she is eating meat or from other posts that some like to be vegeterians because of animal cruelty. I just wanted to know how others think about what I said.

poor silver spring monkeys. they werent released. the stupid vivisectionists kept them, and continued to do experiments on them. and then they euthanized them all.

horrible people.

it went on to point out that it was a 'major breakthrough for stroke victims' and that they used restraint therapy to help them regain use of their limbs. But i bet they didnt stick those people in a lightless cage filled with feces and repeatedly shock them and starve them into using their limbs.

Spit on those people!

poor silver spring monkeys. they werent released. the stupid vivisectionists kept them, and continued to do experiments on them. and then they euthanized them all.

horrible people.

it went on to point out that it was a 'major breakthrough for stroke victims' and that they used restraint therapy to help them regain use of their limbs. But i bet they didnt stick those people in a lightless cage filled with feces and repeatedly shock them and starve them into using their limbs.

Spit on those people!

Thats exactly what I was thinking! the way they made the animals use the deafferented limbs was by putting the un-afferented limb in a sling so they could'nt rely on it, then starving them and giving them electric shocks to force them into using the deafferented limb.

How the heck does that help humans? seriously? are they going to stick stroke victims in slings and starve them to force them to use their limbs....

Thats just upto you, worried. People have their own reasons for not eating meat and thats entirely upto them, as you eating meat is entirely upto you.

Naturally yeah, we are omnivores, but luckily people have a choice. =)

Thats exactly what I was thinking! the way they made the animals use the deafferented limbs was by putting the un-afferented limb in a sling so they could'nt rely on it, then starving them and giving them electric shocks to force them into using the deafferented limb.

How the heck does that help humans? seriously? are they going to stick stroke victims in slings and starve them to force them to use their limbs....

no. they are more PC when dealing with people. they ask the person nicely.

I tried to watch some of the "Unecessary Fuss" video but that is absolutely awful. The people in the videos are disgusting. The poor monkeys are struggling while strapped down and the university says "all our baboons are unconscious.." are they serious? and they say "we treat our baboons like we would treat any human being" wow, if that were true they would all be in jail now.

I tried to watch some of the "Unecessary Fuss" video but that is absolutely awful. The people in the videos are disgusting. The poor monkeys are struggling while strapped down and the university says "all our baboons are unconscious.." are they serious? and they say "we treat our baboons like we would treat any human being" wow, if that were true they would all be in jail now.

Amen Sistah......

Animal rights is a huge thing for me also. I don't think this is a political thread.

However, I'm not vegetarian. I only eat free range and organic meat. This ensures that the animals live long and happy lives in the fields and are killed in a humane way when the time is appropriate.

I haven't seen the fur farm one. I won't let myself.

My papers have mainly focused on animal cruelty in the food service. Those absolutely killed me. I felt like such a hypocrite because I had eaten meat in the past and still eat some today.

In our modern culture, eating meat has become a part of being human. I'm not going to argue whether it is 'natural' or 'needed' to eat meat or not, but I will say that being a huge animal rights activist, I am okay with eating free range and organic animal products and don't feel as guilty about it. When I became vegetarian I got really sick and became iron and protein deficient, so in order to keep my animal rights quest going I've switched to all organic and free range! And I urge other people concerned with animal rights who still want to eat meat to do the same. It promotes a healthy environment for meat-eating and ensures that animals don't experience large amounts of pain and suffering, but instead an almost natural environment.

The part I saw, a dog was skinned alive, from head to toe and thrown on a pile of other animals, but he's still trying to get up, to put it simply.

I know exactly which video you are referring to now and I've seen it before- and I can tell you that I was severely disturbed for a very long time because of it. It ripped my heart out and I cried in terror for about 10 minutes after first seeing it.

I can't say I am at all surprised of the treatment of animals where it was filmed. If you look at history and current news- you will see that the record on human rights is equally disturbing.

So what do you do after seeing something so terrible. How do you sleep at night?

Well here's what I do. Note: this is not a perfect solution but it feels right for me.

*I will not buy fur.

*I only eat meat from local, organic farms

*I try to lower my meat consumption in general

*I try to avoid purchasing products that are made in places that have horrible animal rights and human rights records

*I donate to my local SPCA

*I treat all animals I come accross, in my life, with love and respect. (I am the tree hugger in my neighborhood who likes to feed squirrels and birds, etc)

*I treat my own pets like gold

*I am raising my child to love and respect animals

*I pray that the unnecessary suffering of all living things can end

If you watch a horribly disturbing video like the one of that poor dog- it can really fill you with emotion and cause you to see the world as a horrible place.

It is a horrible place in many ways. BUT...you can be good to the animals that are in your life, the ones you can effect. That's all you can do.

I'm sorry you are feeling so upset. I was feeling the same when I saw the video.

Has anyone actually watched any of the "unnecessary fuss" footage? I am just.. in shock

GRR, i really think you will get yourself in a terrible emotional state if you keep watching these videos. They are very gruesome and subjecting yourself to watching them won't really help the animals but WILL keep you in turmoil. Just keep on a crusade to do right by animals, that is all you can do.

I pretty much do everything that Bella Donna listed in her post as my way of contributing in a positive manner.

I refuse to watch anymore of those videos because I am quite aware of the horrors and it is just too upsetting and my watching won't help the poor creatures but my actions everyday in life can.

You are going to really freak yourself out if you keep watching them girlie.

Archived