BREAKING ALL THE RULES

Hmmmm ....

Majord wrote:

the key is to exploit that and push him to the edge of his comfort zone consistently

Of course you are right - that means I am due for some initiated contact from him next Friday. And I wanted to go and see Damien Rice next Saturday or Sunday in either Florence or Lyons!!! There is hope.

You are right about the not flirting with someone I wasn't interested in - i would not do that. And definitely, I would not flirt with an ex if I was not interested in them. That makes me feel better.

I like the idea of the balance of power shifting in my favour, in Spatz's favour, in Determined's favour - in fact in all our damned favours!! That would be a good thing - make it all worthwhile in the end.

Majord, I am going with your supply and demand analogy - I like that. Obviously, at the current market rate, I am not a good commodity - have cheapened myself!!! Need to get out there and remarket myself as a unique and highly desirable model!!!

Night gentlemen. Will talk again tomorrow.

G xx

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beec, Spatz, Majord, Determined

I have news!!!! While it's not earth-shattering, it might have some significance. I have struggled with this. Since 9.00 pm this evening, I have had a text tapped out on my mobile, ready to send. All I had to do was hit the send button.

Majord came to my aid. Beec came to my aid. Spatz came to my aid. All gloriously. Took your advice guys. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Thanks Thanks Thanks.

Fast-forward to 11.19 tonight - text from the ex!!!! We have gone now from him lasting 10 days with no contact, to 2!!!!! Majord - you were absolutely right. He knows how to play the bloody game tho!! His text referred to his week. Goodnight. D xxx.

I shall do nothing tonight guys, pending further instruction from my knights in shining armour.

I am going to bed now, firmly in the knowledge that the ball is in my court. I shall not play any more of the game, tho, until I get word from my trusted coaches.

Speak tomorrow.

G xx

P.S. Sweet dreams to you all.

Ok guys - if you see my previous thread you will see that there was contact between Ground Cointrol and Major Tom initiated by him!!!!

Have not responded. My gut feel is to respond, because that is the polite, friendly thing to do. However, I am awaiting your advice.

G xx

Well done you!!!

At the risk of putting myself down again, i don't think my advice can ALWAYS be trusted - being as half the time i'm asking for advice from beec, etc!!

I'd say yes do message back at some point, but NOT yet. He can wait a few more hours, and then you get some input from the other guys too. just give it time. It won't do any harm!!

Trust me!!

Hmmmm... this is the more fun aspect of the game.

Of course, I could not respond last night - I could have been out last night with a new admirer - early days yet, but there is potential. Let's, for arguments sake, call him Dan. So I was occupied with Dan last night, and not able to reply.

This morning, I am still a bit in the flush of my evening with Dan, so the ex is not the first thing on my mind when I awaken.

So ... Spatz you are right, will do nothing for now.

G xx

Spatz is on the money again.

If he asked you a question in his text, then wait until after work today before replying....don't apologise for the delay, just send a normal (platonic) reply....and don't leave it open for him to respond (ie no questions from you).

If he didn't say anything in the text that requires a reply, then don't reply at all. He will contact you again, and this time he will ask a question....guaranteed.

The other optuion is that he will text you in the meantime....asking if you are ok, or why you haven't replied. Then, you make him wait a couple of hours and text back telling him that you were busy (don't apologise) and that you hope he is well.

You've got to turn into an ice queen...ok, maybe not an ice *queen*, but maybe an ice princess...who is next in line to the throne.

This is your opportunity to take the power back GeeCee....use it wisely young Jedi.

Majord, the agony and the ecstasy. As I said, he knows how to play the game. Of course he did not ask me a question - just a statement.

So now I know that I have to wait for a further text from him with a question. How perfectly dull!!!!! Doing my level best.

G xx

I am feeling kind of flakey guys. Surely, it would do no harm to fire off an inoccuous text now? It's been a day and a night. Not to seek any information, but to merely extend a hand of friendship....

Advice readily accepted.

G xx

Although I know what it is!!!

Don't worry Geecee, i don't want to blow it!!

I replied to her message after a little while - she messaged me AS SOON as she got her parcel, which is good - it was at 8.30 am!!!

Anyway i gave it til lunchtime and then just said "glad it arrived, just make sure you wait til ur birthday"

Left it at that, and not heard anything back, but thats cool - i didn't ask any questions!!

Now i wait for Next week!!

Hope ur doing ok??

GeeCee,

I'm writing this really hoping that you didn't send a text! C'mon girl...make me proud

Focus on the BIG picture. I'm going to be completely blunt and raw - because I know that that type of approach helps me....

Why would you want to contact him? What has he done to deserve it? Why do you want to make him secure?

It doesn't matter what you *say* in your text....it doesn't matter one little bit - whether it is devoid of emotion or gushing....the very fact that you send a text, tells him that you are thinking of him and are willing to contact him. Contact is contact fullstop....no matter how you may feel that you can justify it to yourself.

In fact I think that from now on you shouldn't use the term 'text'...I think that you should replace it with the term 'make him feel secure'.

Everytime you think "Gee, I think I should text him"...now think "Gee, now I think I should make him feel secure"....deosn't sound as appealing, huh?

But that is the reality of it...because that is what your actions are doing.

It is ONE text you haven't replied to GeeCee, I repeat - ONE TEXT! What harm could possibly come of not replying to ONE TEXT?

Two roads here babes...the one you have already been down and didn't work, or the one that is untested and may just deliver a surprise or three.....which one are you going to choose?

hey guys

I'm writing this really hoping that you didn't send a text! C'mon girl...make me proud

and have I ever told you that I like it when you call me baby?!?!?!

Be proud Majord - be very *^&ing proud. Not texts, no messages, no emails, no call,s no making him feel secure!!!

This is not funny. Not funny at all. We are all wasting delicate and precious time. And I like bloody sex!!!

I am going to start working on a back-up strategy soon, and insist that one of you lovely guys runs off into the sunset with me!!!!

Any bids?

Night boys!

G xx

Be proud Majord - be very *^&ing proud. Not texts, no messages, no emails, no call,s no making him feel secure!!!

I'm grinning from ear to ear GeeCee...that is fan-*^&ing-tastic!!!

Wasting time? Tell me about it! If I had £1 for every opportunity I missed out on because I was so focussed on my ex, I'd have an extra £4!!

....ok £4 doesn't sound like much, but that's worth about £7 in todays' money

ok, majord, I may disagree with you hear. shocking isn't it.

My idea of "No Contact" ends when they being to contact you. Think about the way a man and woman act wehn first dating. If I call her and leave a message, and she does not call me back, then I write her off. She obviously does not care for me at all. Now, GeeCee may make him feel a little secure by texting him. But by him sending one to her, he has sent her a message to. What was it? Probably either a simple "how are you" or that he was so busy, and waht he was up to and that he was to tied up to do anything with her this week. What does this mean? He cares, he thinks of her, may he thought of doing something with her. That is an ingredient or two I think she should be trying to stir up in his thoughts. However, it would be ideal if she could be too damn busy also, even perhaps insinuating that she was ready to satisfy those urges with anohter guy and get his jealousy going.

Beec said

What does this mean? He cares, he thinks of her, may he thought of doing something with her. That is an ingredient or two I think she should be trying to stir up in his thoughts. However, it would be ideal if she could be too damn busy also, even perhaps insinuating that she was ready to satisfy those urges with anohter guy and get his jealousy going.

I like this idea Beec. I like it a lot. We are thinking along the same lines. How about an inocuous text in his direction some time late afternoon?!?

I am very much of the opinion that you should keep the lines of communication open. I totally agree with Beec, I would lose interest in someone who did not respond to my calls/texts.

I think we can safely say that the decision has been made.

Once again, Beec to the rescue!!!

What would we do without you?

Sleep well guys.

G xx

What would you do with out me? Probably get advice form elsewhere or follow majord's. You never really know who is right in their recommendations. This is not an exact science and if it were I am not scientist. More like the guy fascinated with experimenting in my garage and reading about others experiments. I learn a little about the science, but sometimes things blow up. Of course, today I heard all about things literally blowing up and no one knows why it happened.