I don't want to give any of you false hope but...

Mustang

My ex has been hinting that she wants me back. She sent me a long email to me saying how horrible she's been feeling lately, that she really misses me and wants to see me again.

The weird thing is, I would've done anything for her to say that to me a year ago - even six months ago but now, I just don't have any interest in her whatsoever. The way she treated me during the break up and after the break up made me realise who she really was and that person is not somebody I want to be with. I don't think I could ever be with her again. Even seeing her name on Facebook just makes me angry.

Sadly, a friend of mine died last week and it really put things into perspective. I was clinging onto my ex so much when we broke up. I was miserable and put myself through hell. Looking back, I wasted a year of my life doing that. I really don't care anymore. My ex decided to leave and she can live with that.

For those of you that are hurting right now, believe me, I have been there. Long time members of this board will know that. I never really believed it but it seems that once you're truly over someone, they come back. Annoying or what?

Nevertheless, be strong. It's not easy I know but at the same time, the satisfaction of telling somebody that hurt you that you no longer want to be with them when they come crawling back is great.

Nevertheless, be strong. It's not easy I know but at the same time, the satisfaction of telling somebody that hurt you that you no longer want to be with them when they come crawling back is great.

The ultimate victory Always remember: Living your life to the fullest is the best revenge ;-)

I was reading through your previous threads, and that at the end of the day is awesome how far you come. How long were her and this other guy dating? I really hope someone that reads this can relate to this and see how effective moving on was for you, and what potential unexpected things can come of letting go and living your life.

Mustang, I remember how you struggled....I am so happy to read this from you! Do you have anyone new in your life?

Thanks!

I have nobody new at the moment no. There's a few girls here and there that I'm interested in/have been interested in but I'm in my final year of university, working two jobs, doing a radio show and doing an internship. I have no time! Girls are nothing but trouble anyway.

My greastest wish is not to get my revenge on my ex by seeing him crawling back to me, but for him and me to find happiness and inner peace, ehther together or apart.

I agree though that desperation comes accross as a turn off, and that no contact is probably at some point the best way to get clear, heal and have any hope of getting back together.

I agree that for some people, they come back when the other person has moved on. Maybe they are afraid of intimacy and thrive on rejection? I know that both my ex and I do.

I hope that if he comes back, I will have open arms, at least for a friendship. Otherwise I wish peace and happiness for both of us.

Mustang,

Glad you finally made it. I know you went through some rough seas awhile back. The important thing is you took this time to work on yourself and you got stronger from it. Keep on going buddy! I praise you! Good luck.

gee

First of all, there is a big difference between saying "I miss you, let's meet up" and actually getting back together. Lots of dumpers say I miss you, let's meet up...but then they have no intentions of getting back together. So you really don't know what her intentions are. She just could be going through a lonely period in her life and that's why she called. Who knows. As for you, are you really sure you wouldn't take her back?

First of all, there is a big difference between saying "I miss you, let's meet up" and actually getting back together. Lots of dumpers say I miss you, let's meet up...but then they have no intentions of getting back together. So you really don't know what her intentions are. She just could be going through a lonely period in her life and that's why she called. Who knows. As for you, are you really sure you wouldn't take her back?

Yeah...mine wants to meet up all the time, and we met for dinner recently. He doesn't want me back, though, as far as I know...Unless he specifically says to me, "Browneyedgirl36, I really would like another chance with you," I'm assuming he's just being friendly, or that he's lonely, or bored, or whatever.

Hey buddy I remember you, we were in VERY similar situations about what, 10 months back? haha

I'm glad to hear you're in a good place man, I'm happy for ya!

Want to know something funny? My ex wanted me back too, and I told her "No thanks

I would have done ANYTHING to hear those words 6 months ago, just as you say.

Looks like things happen for a reason afterall.

Stay strong everyone.

• 8 months later...

It feels like you'll never get over the ex, but you will. I feel bad now but i know that eventually (when exactly?) I will be ok. A lot of my ex-bfs come back and want to try again, but by then I am over them and can see the relationship clearly. I never go back. I'm happy to be friends with them, but without the rose-colored glasses, I'm not interested in a relationship with them.

Archived