Is this a 'Brush off'

ryan2000

Ok............... so, long story short.

I was sending an e-mail to my real estate agent the other day saying that i was not going to continue my lease, and that i was moving out.

She replied saying that i have been a wonderful tenant and asked where i was moving too.

When i told her that i was moving to the 'UK' (from Melbourne, Aus) she started asking questions as to why?

anyway, cut to the chase, we started flirting a bit. After about 6 or 7 e-mails, i asked her out for a drink.

She said she'd "That sounds good...........add me to facebook and we can sort something out".

So................... i did......................... And i sent her an e-mail saying that i'd love to meet up and gave her my number.

Anyway, didn't hear from her for a day................... and finally got this e-mail from her this afternoon....................

"Hi

My boss overheard me saying I was catching up with you for a drink and has told me off. It is againt company policy. So perhaps after you are no longer a tenant of (real estate company name)?"

Does anybody else think this is a brush off????????????????

(p.s - i'm new to the dating game!)

I think it's a brush off. She wouldn't give a hoot about what her boss said, had she been interested. Not like she is a doctor about to knock off one of the patients, or a school teacher contemplating a liason with a pupil.....she works in an estate agents!! LOL Since when have estate agents not been able to have a drink with a client???

I think you are craaazzzy moving here btw!! Swapping hot weather and sandy beaches, for a dull and smog ridden UK....pure madness!!! lol

Who knows at this point. What I do know is that there are all kinds of scenarios playing out between bosses and employees, and a mere tenant of a company property who is in the process of moving out is not the usual subject of such "company policies."

There are three likely possibilities I see, listed in order of likelihood.

1. The boss is "blocking" as part of some agenda. This could be sexual, if the boss is male (or maybe a woman), jealousy for either sex, or control if the boss is either sex.

2. The woman would like to see you, and wants to test your resolve a bit. She may also be hesitant to spend time dating someone who is about to move away.

3. The woman is brushing you off nicely.

I'm still failing to see what it has to do with the boss....and especially if this guy is moving out of the property. Who does the boss think he is? Her dad??

Maybe the boss is secretly jealous and has a thing for this woman himself...

The plot thickens...

I would have thought they would be speaking is whispers, if this was the case.....not loud enough for the boss to hear

no matter if it's true or not, the excuse could hold water. either way, she easily could have said, 'here's my number, i'm off at _____. hit me up then.'

Yeah - i'm getting the feeling it's a brush off.

Not sure how to respond to the e-mail, but to be honest with you.......... i'm still heartbroken from my ex-fiance leaving me. So to try again with this girl only to be 'brushed off' wont really help my 'healing' process.

It could well be that she DID actually get in trouble. But, if roles were reversed, i would have written something like

"Hey - i'd love to meet up with you, but could we wait until you move out first so that i don't get in trouble with my boss?"

Her message is just so blunt and to the point. It really doesn't sound like she's interested at all.

I think you are craaazzzy moving here btw!! Swapping hot weather and sandy beaches, for a dull and smog ridden UK....pure madness!!! lol

Yeah - i love my country. It's awesome. In fact, this weekend i'm heading down the beach in my Jeep Wrangler - TOP DOWN - and sinking some icy-cold beers in the sun!

But, i'm also REALLY struggling to get over my ex (which is kinda why i was hoping this girl was in fact interested - just to help me move on).

So i've decided to run away............. and the UK i can get my VISA quite easy!

Yeah - i'm getting the feeling it's a brush off.

Not sure how to respond to the e-mail, but to be honest with you.......... i'm still heartbroken from my ex-fiance leaving me. So to try again with this girl only to be 'brushed off' wont really help my 'healing' process.

It could well be that she DID actually get in trouble. But, if roles were reversed, i would have written something like

"Hey - i'd love to meet up with you, but could we wait until you move out first so that i don't get in trouble with my boss?"

Her message is just so blunt and to the point. It really doesn't sound like she's interested at all.

i don't think you are ready anyways.

Asif a boss dictates to you what you can do with your social life. It was weird her mailing you from the same email addy to tell you that. I assume you gave her your cell, she could of txt you the same message but said she'd meet anyway.

I think it is the brush off, unless this girl really does allow her boss to dictate what she does out of hours.

Yeah - i love my country. It's awesome. In fact, this weekend i'm heading down the beach in my Jeep Wrangler - TOP DOWN - and sinking some icy-cold beers in the sun!

But, i'm also REALLY struggling to get over my ex (which is kinda why i was hoping this girl was in fact interested - just to help me move on).

So i've decided to run away............. and the UK i can get my VISA quite easy!

Indeed....visas are fairly easy to obtain here. I mean we have all and sundry arriving daily... lol

Actually and back on topic, don't think you are ready for a relationship if you are not over the ex. It's unwise to jump into something when you are still hung up on someone. Stay single a while, rediscover YOU again....it aint that bad being single. I did it for over a year and recently.

Where in the UK will you be heading for?

Indeed....visas are fairly easy to obtain here. I mean we have all and sundry arriving daily... lol

Actually and back on topic, don't think you are ready for a relationship if you are not over the ex. It's unwise to jump into something when you are still hung up on someone. Stay single a while, rediscover YOU again....it aint that bad being single. I did it for over a year and recently.

Where in the UK will you be heading for?

Probably Fullham......... i liked it there.

I know i;m not over my ex........... but on the 'Healing after break-up thread' i've been told heaps of times to 'Move on' and see other people.........it's part of the healing process.

But......now i'm getting told to 'Stay Single' hahaha - it's all a headache.

Probably Fullham......... i liked it there.

I know i;m not over my ex........... but on the 'Healing after break-up thread' i've been told heaps of times to 'Move on' and see other people.........it's part of the healing process.

But......now i'm getting told to 'Stay Single' hahaha - it's all a headache.

I disagree with those who are advising you, 'find somebody else'....

It isn't that easy to just switch off feelings and move on from one person, to somebody else. When people do this, they are being untrue to themselves and untrue to the new partner. They are carrying over the baggage from the previous relationship, into the new one and it isn't fair on the new partner for you to be still carrying loving thoughts ot an ex.

Ever been in a situation whereby all you hear from a new partner is 'My ex did this'...'My ex did that'....and they talk non stop about this ex.

I see it a lot in these forums and people ask why their partner will talk about their ex....quite simply, they are not over their ex!! lol

You cannot give 100% to a relationship nor 100% to somebody else, when another person still preoccupies your thoughts.

You should be over the ex totally...before you embark on a new relationship.

My geography is rubbish. Is Fullham near London?? lol

when did i say you needed another partner to move on? moving on doesn't mean someone else.

Reading between your lines, I just got the impression you were saying it helps to have a new partner to move on...

Heck I can't be right all the time...even tho I usually am lol

Archived