"I was your age once"- did I really just think that??

alli

My being abused has nothing to do with this topic, curious how you brought that up.

I am not mocking, I am disproving and countering with valid points and perspectives, it's not venting and it's not mocking, I barely even use sarcasm 4/5 of the time. Your counter with "you have issues" which, sorry to tell you, is more a personal attack than a counter argument. I'm in a healthy relationship (2 years anniversary on dec 24th) and have a network of friends and a promising career with school so my "issues" can't be that bad.

I may not care about the issue itself, but I care about hypocrisy, false-logic, and stereotyping with prejudging and believing one is right merely because they want to be. If you'd like to reason with me then use reason, attack my ideas, fine, but attacking me by bringing up my past abuse or "issues" you seem to think I have shows your argument has no legs to stand on due to shooting yourself metaphorically in the foot. Argue with facts and logic not petty mud-slinging or skewed views.

I am asking he meant biological capabilities are the sole factor for allowing people to have sex, he said it was, so I'm asking to clarify so in this context I am making sense and asking what he meant with his statement.

Not strictly true, but perhaps my previous reply wasn't as clear as it could be which is why you were able to draw that conclusion. Where I'm from eleven-year-olds know what sex is, what it's for, and that people do it because it's pleasurable. At schools they are also introduced to contraception at the same time as the facts of life. Assuming the level of teaching is sufficient, youngsters would know the consequences of their actions. The age of sexual consent in Spain is 13, where there 9 births out of every 1000 are to a mother aged 15-19. Compare this to the UK (20 births in 1000, age of consent is 16) and the USA (53 births in 1000, age of consent is 18), and perhaps it doesn't seem as silly after all.

My being abused has nothing to do with this topic, curious how you brought that up.

Because this is ENO, almost everyone knows the person's written stories on the posts. That's an easy logic, other than that it would be wild guessing by the way you write. I hardly ever forget their user name nor their threads and then I can associate what type of person they are.

I am not mocking, I am disproving and countering with valid points and perspectives, it's not venting and it's not mocking, I barely even use sarcasm 4/5 of the time.

Then I assume you always want people to hear you while you will always disprove their point of views. I'm guessing at school you must have been the student asking lots of why questions and how, what, when, etc. A girl was like that and it annoy the hell out of this teacher. Not bad being curious but overdoing it can make a terrible impression and some might take you as an annoying rascal.

Your counter with "you have issues" which, sorry to tell you, is more a personal attack than a counter argument. I'm in a healthy relationship (2 years anniversary on dec 24th) and have a network of friends and a promising career with school so my "issues" can't be that bad.

True I was getting close to flaming which I stopped writing as a result and didn't want the post to be closed because of me. Anyways good to hear about your relationship and career, I guess that overlooks your issues.

I care about hypocrisy, false-logic, and stereotyping with prejudging and believing one is right merely because they want to be.

I guess you must also be doing that in real life. I think you would benefit from being a literature teacher or a philospher, since you're too much into that.

Well even tho i am 42 I never lost the ability to remember what it was like to be 17. I doubt many 17 year olds haven't done what she did, thus, no i would not tell the parents.

Since she mentioned this to you, however, is open reign to at least give her some pointers on safe sex. Since they were both fully clothed hoepfully she already knows the perils but it doesn't hurt as a big sister to just talk to her about it and you are not overstepping your boundaries since she came to you about the whole issue with the other sister seeing this.

No they don't. They do not at all. You can agree to let someone stay in your house but the agreement that no sex shall occur is ridiculous.

You can't impose those types of conditions on people. Try getting away with that one in court. Tenants shall not have sex. I'm sure there are laws against those types of restrictions.

The heck you can't. A parent with an underaged child living in their home absolutely CAN impose those rules.

This isn't about the law. This is about establishing house rules and yes you most certainly CAN establish rules when you have teenagers living in your house.

Hey, she's a year older than I was. And I was totally ready. So, yeah, I think you're definitely doing the right thing by not telling. Be supportive of her, even, because then if she does get into trouble, she'll go to you, instead of panicking. And if you're supportive, and you get her on the Pill, she won't get into trouble anyway.

Alright, enough is enough. Please stop arguing; your posts have transformed from making your point to personal insults & defenses. I'm not saying who started it & who's wrong. You know who you are. Just stop; you're not going to convince anyone to change their opinions at this point.

Alright, enough is enough. Please stop arguing; your posts have transformed from making your point to personal insults & defenses. I'm not saying who started it & who's wrong. You know who you are. Just stop; you're not going to convince anyone to change their opinions at this point.

Thus why I stopped writing and left it like that. From now on I will make sure I'm focus only on the OP's topic in their threads only.

Wow, what's with that ''Oh no sex on your house''?? Yes you are living on your parents' roof but you're the one bringing a known trusted person, not a random stranger you just pick up from the street. Mind ya but i done it in my house while father was away from 7 months, don't regret at all yet many many months ago I get an ugly talk about how I'm suppost to regret being that disrespectful, so what, I would do it again if given the chance. Yes she made a freaking big deal about it and still dislikes him till this day but I don't care, hey I was gonna lose it anytime and it's my room, I get to do what I want to besides I was 19 already.

Honestly, I would never have sex in my parent's house. I think it's completely disrespectful.

I wouldn't call it illegal but I wouldn't do that in my parents' house either. In fact when my bf & I stayed there once I made him sleep on the floor! Too much?

My sis will probably not have the opportunity at their house now. Our parents are back home & she got in big trouble once when they were alone in her room "folding laundry", according to her. haha.

One time I went to visit my ex at her parent's house. I really felt bad the whole entire time that I was there.

My other friend has her girlfriend sleep over all the time, and honestly I don't understand how she doesn't feel guilty about it.

It's normal nowadays, my boyfriend doesn't feel bad about what happened in my folks's house. I would not feel guilty about if it were vice-versa, it's not like I'm doing illegal stuff such as smoking or bringing drugs or bad people in the house.

It's normal nowadays, my boyfriend doesn't feel bad about what happened in my folks's house. I would not feel guilty about if it were vice-versa, it's not like I'm doing illegal stuff such as smoking or bringing drugs or bad people in the house.

Just because it's normal doesn't mean it's right. How would your parents feel if they found out?

They most likely will, not because of your style, but because most teenagers either rebel or take advantage of in order to test authority's boundaries, most likely you will have to deal with the taking of advantage which, while likely involving less yelling and fighting, may involve more misdirection and subterfuge. Not saying your parenting choice is flawed (well, it is, but all choices in parenting are flawed because they have to be in order to allow them to change as children grow) but because it's the nature of the beast, or teenager (same thing).

I would feel weird doing it in my parents house. My sister & he bf are not allowed to be in her room alone so it's not really a concern for us. I wouldn't care if a couple (married or unmarried) slept in the same bed in my house, but I wouldn't want them having sex here, even if they are married. It's my sheets!!

Archived