Do men care whether or not a girl is on birth control?

BronzedSkin123

Well I am sure that there are plenty that do care.

I would caution anyone though... Just because she says she is on the pill does not mean you should go in there with no glove. She could be lying, she could make a mistake and don't forget there's always that 3 percent chance that it could fail for no apparent reason at all..

Soooo use a condom each and every time you have sex until the time you choose to create life.

I see not having a birth control/std prevention discussion before having sex as an indicator that one or both of you isn't ready for the relationship to turn sexual yet.

People usually just jump right into bed and everything else just kinda falls in or out of place. it seems like the only reason people use condoms is for casual sex. the folks who are in committed relationships always have unprotected sex

People usually just jump right into bed and everything else just kinda falls in or out of place. it seems like the only reason people use condoms is for casual sex. the folks who are in committed relationships always have unprotected sex

This isn't true. Casual partners can be very open and responsible and committed partners often still use protection.

I've had this discussion with friends before. I've been with quite a few guys who don't even reach for a condom when we've never had the std or bc talk. Very irresponsible.

When I'm in a committed relationship, I don't use condoms. People tend to be more honest & open about stds & bc I think when they're in a relationship.

I've had this discussion with friends before. I've been with quite a few guys who don't even reach for a condom when we've never had the std or bc talk. Very irresponsible.

When I'm in a committed relationship, I don't use condoms. People tend to be more honest & open about stds & bc I think when they're in a relationship.

Do they pull out when they have sex with you if they don't use condoms?

I'm more worried about STDs than I am a pregnancy, so I've always been the one to stop them & make them put on a condom. I've even used the line "you don't know what I have & I don't know what you have so put one on". I've never had anyone argue or say they didn't want to put one on.

Huh. Do girls (my age) even use the pill that much anymore? I can't think of a single time I've heard any of my peers (guy or girl) mention anything about the pill. I just assumed it was something that's considered "old fashion" that only a few people actually still use anymore. Anyway, I've never had a girlfriend, or had sex, but I guess I'd be kinda curious to know whether or not she was taking the pill. Not really for any reason, just because, again, I didn't think many people still used it, so I'd be interested in seeing how true that really is. Of course, being as shy as I am, I'd probably never work up the courage to actually ask, heh. I would just assume that it's my job to bring the "protection".

Huh. Do girls (my age) even use the pill that much anymore? I can't think of a single time I've heard any of my peers (guy or girl) mention anything about the pill. I just assumed it was something that's considered "old fashion" that only a few people actually still use anymore. Anyway, I've never had a girlfriend, or had sex, but I guess I'd be kinda curious to know whether or not she was taking the pill. Not really for any reason, just because, again, I didn't think many people still used it, so I'd be interested in seeing how true that really is. Of course, being as shy as I am, I'd probably never work up the courage to actually ask, heh. I would just assume that it's my job to bring the "protection".

you're 19? that sounds VERY bizarre to me. more than the majority of girls i know are on the pill, and i am as well. if they aren't on the pill then they have an IUD. SO many people still use the pill. but there are other options that do the same thing like a nuvaring or an iud.

you're 19? that sounds VERY bizarre to me. more than the majority of girls i know are on the pill' date=' and i am as well. if they aren't on the pill then they have an IUD. SO many people still use the pill. but there are other options that do the same thing like a nuvaring or an iud.[/quote']

Agreed. All my life I've been the only sexually active woman I've met who was not on the pill. I thought it was now the single most preferred choice for most women. Our local radio station was talking about parents putting 13 year olds on the pill "just in case" which is a whole other discussion.

As to the OP asking if he should ask - YES you should use a condom regardless of whether or not the girl is on the pill. Maybe once you are married or in a LTR and reasonably certain of sexual history and commitment level (and have had medical tests), you can stop.

Archived