Risking STD’s for love or sex

rosephase

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you\'re confusing HPV and HSV-2. Once you contracted HSV-2, you have it for life, it may only lay dormant in your system, but won\'t go away.

I think she was talking about HPV. Everyone knows HSV is forever, but ONLY in some women does their body fight off HPV, some aren't so lucky and have it for life.

im sorry but I could never do it even for the right person, my friend has it she got it from a guy she was seeing and they moved pretty fast and now 5 years later she is still single and finds it hard to find anyone to stay interested after learning that

Personally i feel like STD's are the consequences to your actions, I could never be with someone intimately until after them getting tested and only being in a serious relationship

Not judging, it is a statement. Showing how carelessly some people just don't care.

I care. I let everyone I sleep with know and my partners partners. I am very well informed about STDs and spend a lot of time working with people who have them. You are making a big lame assumption about me and my lifestyle and I'm used to it, so that is fine.

Not judging, it is a statement. Showing how carelessly some people just don't care.

the way you said it was judgmental, like you are the one who is definitely right. and you know what? drinking, smoking and even stress do much worse to your health than something like herpes. I don't live her life, but if it is her decision I respect that which is probably right for her and maybe not right for you!

I'm not living with an STD at this time, thank you.. and it's really none of your business how I know whether it's one or the other. Quit trying to make it seem like a normal and ok thing to have an STD.

However, when I had HPV it could have very well been a death sentence for me as it could have easily turned to cancer.

LOL she keeps tellin you that you have an STD.

"sex negative world".

Not sure what world you think we are living in but this world is far from sex negative. Quite the contrary and that is why we have more STD's now than we ever have.

The posts you read here are not to instill SHAME in anyone. Can't you see that a person CHOOSING not to have sex in the name of health does not mean they are labeling anyone with an STD as "nasty" or "dirty" they are just saying they choose not to expose themselves to it.

I don't want anyone to walk in shame if they contract an STD. It can happen even to people who are careful. I am just saying, as are others, that IF we KNOW a person has an STD, it might greatly impact how the relationship moves forward (or not move forward). And rose, this is what you asked us to discuss.

I care. I let everyone I sleep with know and my partners partners. I am very well informed about STDs and spend a lot of time working with people who have them. You are making a big lame assumption about me and my lifestyle and I'm used to it, so that is fine.

and you are doing the same towards people who actually CARE about STDs and want to label everyone as worrying too much over something so "simple" Maybe it's no big deal for you, that's great, go out and enjoy your sex with whoever you want however I have too much to live for to not worry about catching an STD my life, health and son is way more important than care free sex.

the way you said it was judgmental, like you are the one who is definitely right. and you know what? drinking, smoking and even stress do much worse to your health than something like herpes. I don't live her life, but if it is her decision I respect that which is probably right for her and maybe not right for you!

But she isn't just talking about herpes she is talking about ALL stds.

I do think it is sad that some people feel badly about themselves. There is a stigma issue. However, that is a separate issue from what this thread is about. Rosephase, you are conflating two entirely different issues, IMO. One is about the mental health of people who have STDs. I do think it's important for them to know that they need to seek treatment and be up front with their partners but also to know that they are not horrible people. It's not fair or right for people to live with depression over this. That is a fair point. But that is a self esteem issue and a mental health issue.

The current topic is entirely different...it is saying whether or not it's worth the risk to sleep with someone whom we know has an STD and I believe it is not worth the risk. thereforee, while I refuse to judge people as promiscuous or assume things about their moral character because they have an STD, I also refuse to sleep with them. I think these two stances are perfectly consistent and involve no stigmatization whatsoever.

I'm not living with an STD at this time, thank you.. and it's really none of your business how I know whether it's one or the other. Quit trying to make it seem like a normal and ok thing to have an STD.

However, when I had HPV it could have very well been a death sentence for me as it could have easily turned to cancer.

You said you get fever blisters, cold sours, or what ever euphemism you used that IS an STD! How can you not know that? Just because you didn’t get it sexually doesn’t mean you can’t give it sexually.

Unless I got you mixed up with a different poster you have an STD.

Rose didn't ask a question about our views on smoking or drinking. If she had, undoubtedly we'd all have weighed in on that.

Rose asked us to discuss this. It is an open forum to discuss it. I personally think STD awareness is always a good tihng and think the discussion is fruitful for someone who might read it who had no clue about some of the things discussed on this thread.

You said you get fever blisters, cold sours, or what ever euphemism you used that IS an STD! How can you not know that? Just because you didn’t get it sexually doesn’t mean you can’t give it sexually.

No, if it were a true STD small children who never had intercourse could not get the herpes virus that causes cold sores.

There are different strains of herpes. One is sexually transmitted, the other may or may not be.

I'm saying the people that agree to sleep with an infected person or kiss etc. IT GOES TO SHOW that some people will say they don't care so much about the possibility of catching it, your risking it too.

Cold sores are not an STD my friend. Do some more research and you would know this.

HSV1 (aka Cold sores is just like Chicken Pox.. HSV2 on the other hand is the Genital sores. Get your facts straight since you know everything. Oh, and btw, want to argue this? I have been told this by around 5 different doctors.

Rose didn't ask a question about our views on smoking or drinking. If she had, undoubtedly we'd all have weighed in on that.

Rose asked us to discuss this. It is an open forum to discuss it. I personally think STD awareness is always a good tihng and think the discussion is fruitful for someone who might read it who had no clue about some of the things discussed on this thread.

I dont have problem with your or other posts but with the way redheart said it.

Archived