Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

kaoticbaby

Ok, so my (twenty something) sister bought the first two books. I had heard about them, only because of the movie hype, but did not recognize more than the title "twilight."

So, to fuel my curiosity, i read the back of the cover for twilight. I thought hmm, in love with a vampire. That sounds kind of messed up....

My curiosity caused me to turn to the first page. I began reading it out loud to my annoyed sister, who wanted to read them for herself. And, as it turned out, I did not really walk away from the book - though I spared my sister after the first page.

I finished reading it 10 hours or so later, at like 5:00am. How strange. I pretty much never read novels, or other fiction. But, for whatever reason, I got sucked into this one. Being on vacation, I did not really have anything better to do.

So, yes, I, a 20 year old male, who rarely reads, got sucked into a series intended for teenage girls. Sweet.

The next day, I proceeded to begin reading new moon. That one spanned over two days, but I went through it quick as well.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my hands on the second two books. What to do? I'm still curious to know how the story ends. If I don't get my hands on the books over the next few days, will I lose interest?

Thoughts on the material? First, I have no interest to see the movie. I watched the trailers, and read some reviews. Not interested.

Since the books are for teens, they are pretty easy to read. Like I said, I got sucked in, so, I've gotta admit, they were not bad.

Yes, apparently, it is a love story, but since I'm not a teenage girl, I'm actually more interested in the story. The whole vampire, wierwolf saga I mean. The abilities, the rules, the implications, the abnormalities, the fiction.

That's all for now.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, apparently, it is a love story, but since I'm not a teenage girl, I'm actually more interested in the story. The whole vampire, wierwolf saga I mean. The abilities, the rules, the implications, the abnormalities, the fiction.

That's all for now.

That's why I like reading them. I'm not really into love stories.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my hands on the second two books. What to do? I'm still curious to know how the story ends. If I don't get my hands on the books over the next few days, will I lose interest?

Try amazon, their probably the only book retailer in the WORLD now that hasnt got a god damn waiting list for any of the books! xxxx.

Ick. The first three sucked me in despite the bad writing. Breaking Dawn was the worst, most disappointing drivel I have ever read in my life. It reads like really bad fan fiction.

Anyone wonder how Stephenie Meyer pulled off

1. Writing The Host

2. Being very involved with the production of the movie

3. Writing Breaking Dawn

4. Writing Midnight Sun...

All in a year?

Seems suspicious to me. I would have waited longer for Breaking Dawn to come out just to be able to read a good book. I feel cheated out of the ten hours it took me to read it...

I guess I can only blame myself

• 3 weeks later...

Archived