How do women distinguish their breasts from the erogenous zone and the nursing zone?

Stardusk

I never got that. To me the breasts are purely a sexual object. One would think that there would be no difference between a man sucking on them or a baby? Is it erotically pleasureable to woman when she nurses a baby? How can a woman simultaneously distinguish between the 'two feelings'?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been told that women can experience pleasure from nursing an infant (though not all do and it can be very painful) as it's a reflex to make a woman nurse.

That said, the way a woman can differentiate between the two is CONTEXT. Obviously. From what I've observed of babies, they're not very good at setting the mood.

Breasts can be a purely sexal thing to you, but you're a man and so don't own a set. Your feelings about them are going to be very different to someone who actual has a set and has to deal with them daily.

Context. Babies will scream and cry until they are fed. And will scream and cry if the bosom is removed before they are finished feeding. The mother is providing nuitrients to their baby on demand; and it is on demand. I sat in a baby drop-in thing with my Sister, and the women there discussed this a bit. THey said how before they were self-conscious about baring their breasts in public, now, they don't care.."It's just a boob"... Still awkward for me though..

In another context. If I were feeding a girlfriend, it would be erotic and romantic. If I were feeding a baby, not so much... Context.

I never got that. To me the breasts are purely a sexual object. One would think that there would be no difference between a man sucking on them or a baby? Is it erotically pleasureable to woman when she nurses a baby? How can a woman simultaneously distinguish between the 'two feelings'?

I don't have any kids but I doubt its pleasureable! I've got plenty of girlfriends who've nursed and many of them actually bleed from the baby being latched on so hard. I sat and watched my girlfriend cry the whole time she was nursing her son.....If I ever have kids I'll pump, but I don't think I'll be actually nursing. Plus, the nipples I've seen after nursing a child are not very attractive.

why is it that this question completely grosses me out?

I experienced pleasure when nursing my baby...not sexual, but very intimate feeling indeed. It was like an instinctual feeling of connection that ran so deep that I knew it was part of my human make-up. It was an intense feeling of closeness and protection and being able to provide comfort and nurturing. I could not nurse very long due to illness, and that devasted me. It was a year before I could even discuss it without falling to pieces. But sexual...uh no!

why is it that this question completely grosses me out?

I experienced pleasure when nursing my baby...not sexual, but very intimate feeling indeed. It was like an instinctual feeling of connection that ran so deep that I knew it was part of my human make-up. It was an intense feeling of closeness and protection and being able to provide comfort and nurturing. I could not nurse very long due to illness, and that devasted me. It was a year before I could even discuss it without falling to pieces. But sexual...uh no!

Hmm...like the kind of pleasure one gets from a foot massage?

I was never worried about nursing in public, it is a boob for nursing babies. It drove my husband mental and some people give you nasty looks, but seriously people get over it. I am feeding my baby lunch not have an orgy on the floor in the middle of the mall.

I just find it awkward when I woman feeds her baby. Especially when it's in line of sight. When I see a baby, I just instinctively want to smile at him/her or coo at him/her... If I did that while they were feeding I would look like some kind of weirdo or pervert

I think women should be able to feed in public; when I baby wants to feed, they want to feed. At most I feel slightly awkward not knowing what the appropriate social response for me is. But I don't lose any sleep over it. It's not that of a big concern to me.

When I see women do it I walk by like they are any other person. I notice but I do not "look" know what I mean?? I never interrupt a baby feeding, cause I think do I want someone in my face cooing at me while I eat? Hell no.....LOL I guess it is all the comfort factor. I am very comfortable with my own body, or nakedness or whatever. I think breast feeding is a very natural thing to do. I can see the point it makes people uncomfortable though.

Umm...yeah man, hopefully you would think about that one a little bit?

It's usually not even something you have to think about, for guys ...it's the difference between your girlfriend sitting on your lap or your little sister...hopefully you're not so out of control horny that it knows when to go up and when to stay down...

Umm...yeah man, hopefully you would think about that one a little bit?

It's usually not even something you have to think about, for guys ...it's the difference between your girlfriend sitting on your lap or your little sister...hopefully you're not so out of control horny that it knows when to go up and when to stay down...

That is it.

Ive nursed more than once child, and the feeling is just different.

Also its common to not have the same amount of sensitivity while you have a nursing baby because the nursing kind of toughens up your nipples.

A nursing baby pulls the nipple way far back into their mouth, and like squeezes the areola area with their mouth, not the nipple. Is that TMI? lol

So it's nothing at all like sexual touches, KWIM?

Honey, when you have a baby there is Milk secreting from your breasts. They are tender and they leak. It doesn't feel sexy not one bit and there is no question about that. They are sore and the last thing on your mind is erogenous sensations-you literally want them to shrink and go back to normal

I gather many men think this, those that are fathers are probably more enlightened.

Most women think of their breasts as there for nursing, any sexual pleasure with a man is a bonus use.

Nursing can promote a sense of well being as oxytocin is released and that hormone promotes that and bonding. I don't know of anyone who has said it was sexually pleasurable in the way one experiences with a man during foreplay. I imagine any thing could be possible.

If a woman has never had children she may not feel all these things, then they become like t*ts on a boar hog, for "just in case".

Most women I know aren't as personal about their breasts as men are about their sexual organs. "Why does a man name his penis? Because he doesn't want a stranger making all his decisions for him"

I gather many men think this, those that are fathers are probably more enlightened.

Most women think of their breasts as there for nursing, any sexual pleasure with a man is a bonus use.

Nursing can promote a sense of well being as oxytocin is released and that hormone promotes that and bonding. I don't know of anyone who has said it was sexually pleasurable in the way one experiences with a man during foreplay. I imagine any thing could be possible.

If a woman has never had children she may not feel all these things, then they become like t*ts on a boar hog, for "just in case".

Most women I know aren't as personal about their breasts as men are about their sexual organs. "Why does a man name his penis? Because he doesn't want a stranger making all his decisions for him"

I was laughing to death about that!

Archived