She called me this morning after 2 months NC. There's no caller ID, so I didnt know it was her. I was cordial, so was she. She said she wanted to know how I was doing. I told her all the bad stuff that has happened to me and the resulting depression. I made it clear that any happiness she felt was at the expense of my heart. I told her everything I felt in my heart without anger. She said she was truly, truly sorry and felt awful. I said I wished I could believe that. ( i did hear a lot of guilt in her voice) She asked about my family and the job search. I didnt say much, except that I was having a really hard time and I missed her. She didnt say anything about the new guy or her life now. I ended it by saying, "see you in the next life."

I dont feel sad, or feel like this is a setback. I feel kind of relieved, I think? I know that she isnt looking for a reconciliation. I just stayed calm, but there was an obvious tone in my voice that let her know I was hurting.

Did I do the right thing?

good for you exploding head. you didnt play games, you just shot it straight and told her how you feel. she will feel guilt, alot of guilt for a long time to come and it will impact on any relationship she has moving forward. she needed to learn that people are not dispensable pieces of rubbish to discard as we please and you gave it to her straight.

i know man but what are the options? you are young and you will find a good woman, i hope we all do. you just gotta get past your ex. you will heal eventually because you did nothing wrong. you gave all you had to give. she won't be so lucky, she will always live with her guilt.

interesting thoughts about guilt. My ex knows what happened to me when she abandoned me. i suffered a major mid life crisis for over 4 months. Her guilt was huge. It IS affecting her now and like you said it will continue to.

She actually responded to my text about a death in my family and emailed me a few questions, after saying she would never ever read an email or speak with me ever again.

The nc / lc seems to be getting to her.

I found a group here that does outdoor excursions, hiking, travelling. I signed up and a friend of mine is joining me on a long hike through the Cascades next week. I hope this makes me feel a bit better. I think social immersion might do me good. It's hard for me to meet new people to begin with. Sometimes I think that I'm just broken that way. So we'll see how this goes.

Archived