I think he still has a key to my home (warning: nasty)

xrayspex

We broke up a couple months ago, and I got my key back before I dumped him but I suspect he had already made a copy. Here's why, and if you're squeamish don't read any further.

Yesterday I cleaned my house, every room including both bathrooms like I do every Saturday morning. I hung around the house all day and then went out at 10:00 last night for about an hour. I noticed his car was at the neighbor's house when I left; that's his best friend.

Fast forward to this morning when I went into the downstairs bathroom to put some stuff away and the toilet was filled with poo and poo was smeared ALL OVER the seat. I'm talking nasty, I almost threw up.

I have never in my life made a mess like that and nobody was over here but me all day and evening. I didn't go in that bathroom after I got home last night so I don't know when it was done but I suspect it happened when I went out for that hour. I don't think it was this morning, although he's still over there probably passed out drunk because that's all they do is drink. It was so dried on I had to scrub it three times to get it all off. Also, he used to brag about doing stuff like this at stores so I know he's capable of it.

Okay, what the hell? Was it a drive-by shtting? I am ticked! I don't even know if I can report it or not...what do I tell the police, someone broke in and terrorized my toilet? I know it sounds kind of funny but believe me, it wasn't funny to find or to clean up.

How very juvenile of him.

What will he think of next, leaving pube hairs in your leftover food in the fridge?

I think if you tell the manager that you suspect someone may be entering your house when you are not home, he might be inclined to change the locks for you.

Good luck with this one.........

Do not confront him about this! Someone capable of this kind of thing is capable of other things believe me. I would call the police or stop in at the station and ask to speak to someone about it. They will take it more seriously if you go in but most times they will have to call in a patrol officer back to the station to speak to you.

As far as the locks go, of course change them but just tell the rental company that your ex made a copy of the key without your knowledge. Time to check every nook and cranny of that rental to make sure there isn't some hidden surprise he left to start smelling in a few days. I would worry about the food also.

This guy probably tortured small animals when he was little.....

lost

Even if the police try to dismiss your concerns, insist on filing a police report so there is a paper trail in case he does anything else. He is one sick individual.

In addition to a lockable chain, buy a cheap alarm which you can arm when you leave the house. If anyone tries to come in, it will set off a shrill sound.

Take care.

I agree with lostandhurt......about looking for other surprises....

I once read a story about a girl that found out her boyfriend was cheating. He had a 4 poster bed and she unscrewed the posts and put raw shrimp in them. Days later he noticed the smell but couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from. Apparently the smell was so bad he ended up having the wall torn down thinking there was a dead animal trapped inside. He eventually moved and took the bed with him not knowing about the shrimp inside.

I agree with lostandhurt......about looking for other surprises....

I once read a story about a girl that found out her boyfriend was cheating. He had a 4 poster bed and she unscrewed the posts and put raw shrimp in them. Days later he noticed the smell but couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from. Apparently the smell was so bad he ended up having the wall torn down thinking there was a dead animal trapped inside. He eventually moved and took the bed with him not knowing about the shrimp inside.

I heard the same story but it was curtain rods where the shrimp was placed.

Like with a padlock or something? I'm not sure what you mean but I'm ready to try anything.
There are ordinary chains that you put on when you are inside the house so you can open the door to talk to people without them being able to fore entry. But you can also get ones that you can attach when you leave (before shutting the door). They have a key and when you come home you open the door in the normal way with your key and then use the chain key to detach the chain and gain entry,

Well, I called the management company and left a message about it. I hope they come early tomorrow to do it. When I was outside about an hour ago snipping deadheads off my flowers I saw two carloads of people show up at the neighbor's house with a ton of beer, so I guess they're still over there partying. I wish he would hang out somewhere other than next door to me.

I can but I'm having trouble finding a good place. I thought I'd found a wonderful flat in an old victorian last week but when checked the crime statistics for the neighborhood it was awful. I'm still looking though and the sooner I find something the better. I love my townhouse and hate to leave it because of that * * * * * * * though.

For the love of God...what is wrong with people?? I would scan the house for listening devices/bugs, throw away your food, shampoo/conditioners/liquid soaps...I wouldn't trust him............but POOOOOOOOOOOO omg !!! Take whatever is remaining of his things put in a box and set it on the curb when he is next door.

As the other people said, don't confront him or you never know what type of scandal he may stirr up since he is hanging out next door...staking out your place or hiding someplace when you come home at night...even the day time is not safe...watch your back at all times. I would slowly pack my things in boxes and keep them stored in another room, then start looking for a new place on the other side of town or perhaps in a nearby town...even better....if you have a car park it on another street so he cannot vandalize it or poo in that.

This is a very serious matter..anyone who would come into your home and do this is missing some screws....I am very concerned for you. I live in the States so the right to bear arms is legal....if anyone comes into my place I own a rifle and will give them fair warning and then if they proceed I will blow them into outerspace.

All right! I came in to work today to find a voicemail about a house I checked on early last week. It's going to be open to view on Aug. 4 and available after that date. She said it's completely renovated, and is like a doll house which I know means small but it's 3 bedroom 2 bath with a deck which is the same as I have now. I'm going to go prepared to be able to take it if it all works out. I did a drive by before I even called to ask about it last week and the neighborhood is filled with clean and neat little bungalows, no trash, run-down houses, graffiti or anything like that. It looks as safe as anywhere around here.

All right! I came in to work today to find a voicemail about a house I checked on early last week. It's going to be open to view on Aug. 4 and available after that date. She said it's completely renovated, and is like a doll house which I know means small but it's 3 bedroom 2 bath with a deck which is the same as I have now. I'm going to go prepared to be able to take it if it all works out. I did a drive by before I even called to ask about it last week and the neighborhood is filled with clean and neat little bungalows, no trash, run-down houses, graffiti or anything like that. It looks as safe as anywhere around here.

Sometimes an unexpected move can be a blessing in disguise. That happened to me earlier this year. We were living in an apartment complex, my 7 yo daughter and I and my partner. The landlord was giving us sh*t about everything, and the place had only three windows. Finally we were in a situation where we had no choice to move but at that point, I would have preferred to stay. The only reason for staying being that I was afraid of moving!

Well we found this little house and it turned out it was even in an awesome school district, in a very walkable neighborhood with full grown trees and everything. Our quality of life has improved dramatically and it only cost us about $150/month more, honestly. For that kind of upgrade of quality of life, the extra money was totally worth it!

Archived