I would really like women to stop asking me these 2 questions when we first meet

ConfusedDater

1. Do you cook?

2. Do you like your job

These questions makes no sense at all and i feel it's useless information about me she should have, Why does she care how I eat my food on a daily basis?? And what does it matter if I like my job? Women why do you ask these silly questions?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Do you cook?

2. Do you like your job

These questions makes no sense at all and i feel it's useless information about me she should have, Why does she care how I eat my food on a daily basis?? And what does it matter if I like my job? Women why do you ask these silly questions?

](*,)](*,)](*,)

1. Do you cook?

2. Do you like your job

Do you cook is a very important question because a lot of women would prefer that the man know how to cook. I definitely want a man who knows how to cook because I wouldn't want to be his replacement mother doing all his cooking.

As for the job, well, jobs are where you spend much of your time and if you are not happy in your job it ends up filtering down to the rest of your life. People unhappy at work take their unhappiness home with them and can end up being miserable to their loved ones.

Do you cook is a very important question because a lot of women would prefer that the man know how to cook. I definitely want a man who knows how to cook because I wouldn't want to be his replacement mother doing all his cooking.

As for the job, well, jobs are where you spend much of your time and if you are not happy in your job it ends up filtering down to the rest of your life. People unhappy at work take their unhappiness home with them and can end up being miserable to their loved ones.

Good post.

i agree..............

and i hate dating someone who hates their job, but doesn't do anything about it (ie, go back to school, try to find a better job....)

I'd ask only the first question not because I'm potentially interested in marrying the guy, but because I think a guy that can cook is soo romantic. I love it. There's something so alluring about a man who cooks, it's such a turn on.

Hmm i ask these questions b/c a man who can cook is super sexy. It shows he's independent, creative and able to take care of himself.

Your job says a lot about who you are and where you are at in your life. and what CAD said.

You're not going to find very many women who would not ask these questions.

I agree. I didn't ask the cooking question - didn't much care - and I tried not to focus on work/job in a first conversation but if he volunteered I would ask if he liked it, ,of course.

I once declined a second date where the guy sat down for lunch - first time we met - I asked how his day was going and he said "I work with really dumb people." Yes, it matters if the man likes his job.

CD what on earth is wrong with you? These are questions you ask when you engage in small talk.

What's next? Is asking your name off limits? You gotta lighten up. You seem like a ball of anxiety.

I get the feel you don't want to be successful in dating. I think a part of you is terrified of finding dating success so you do these things in a non conscience way to sabotage your own game.

Think hard about that. Do you think deep down you are afraid of something actually blossoming and these things you do that we all just shake our heads in disbelief over are really just attempts to keep you from having to actually deal with a real relationship?

I think they are great questions. They open up conversation as to what sort of foods you enjoy and if you cooking is a hobby of yours. I have exchanged many recipes talking to women because it is a subject I like to talk about. You also can get a feel of how much they take care of themself or if you'll always have to be the caregiver!

The second question is equally great because asking that simple question can often times expose that person's state of mind in life in general. I want someone that enjoys their job because chances are they are content and lead a happy life!

Great QUESTIONS. Send them my way.

I agree. I didn't ask the cooking question - didn't much care - and I tried not to focus on work/job in a first conversation but if he volunteered I would ask if he liked it, ,of course.

I once declined a second date where the guy sat down for lunch - first time we met - I asked how his day was going and he said "I work with really dumb people." Yes, it matters if the man likes his job.

I didn't say dumb, I said I work with IGNORANT people and I was just stating a fact, not saying I hated my job You could have called back!

=)

But what if he doesn't need any women to cook for him? Then what?

CD this is an attempt for her to GET TO KNOW YOU! She may not be thinking she has to cook for you at all.

I ask total strangers questions like this if we are in a position to have to chit chat and small talk. It is called "conversation".

Now if she asks you what thread count you prefer in your sheets, then yea maybe you should be a bit concerned.

CD what on earth is wrong with you? These are questions you ask when you engage in small talk.

What's next? Is asking your name off limits? You gotta lighten up. You seem like a ball of anxiety.

I get the feel you don't want to be successful in dating. I think a part of you is terrified of finding dating success so you do these things in a non conscience way to sabotage your own game.

Think hard about that. Do you think deep down you are afraid of something actually blossoming and these things you do that we all just shake our heads in disbelief over are really just attempts to keep you from having to actually deal with a real relationship?

Well I'm thinking I'm being asked this because of my age becausde I didn't get asked these questions when I was 24/25. It just started since I been in my 30's

Well, that would be great, however, if he doesn't know how to cook that would mean that he eats out all the time or buys the ready made, heat in the microwave, meals...that ends up "eating up" a lot of money and it is also not very healthy in the long-term. I also agree with the romantic notion that it would be nice to have the man cook you a meal or to cook meals together.

Archived