you'd think his fingers were broken

barbielovesmac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can definitely be frustrating when someone forgets - not because calling is that big of a thing, really, but because when it happens over and over you feel like you're not really that important to the person and they don't care about you. Then you get invested in each time you ask them to call, and if they don't, you feel rejected and angry. I've been there, so I don't think it's just hormones (though they can add to it). Have you tried talking to him and telling him that when he says he'll do something and then doesn't do it that it hurts your feelings? It's a lot like being stood up - you're spending your time waiting on him, but he never calls/shows.

I think I missed something here though - aren't you pregnant, Barbie?

he told me that he wants to play monopoly tonight . . . and i said OK baby. well, maybe i'll forget. that's how mad i am guys.

That's not going to really do anything though - he's not likely to realize that you're deliberately forgetting something to get back at him, even if that was a good plan. Sometimes guys are just flat out dense. Sometimes I have to spell things out in fifty-foot tall letters to my husband simple because (and it took me forever to realize this) he doesn't get it. He's not being malicious or deliberately slighting me - he gets caught up in things and doesn't realize until after the design is finished that he was supposed to be doing X, if he even does realize it then.

If he often does that... why ask him to call in the first place? The way I see it is, if someone doesn't want to call you, they don't want to call you (for whatever reason - maybe he's just not good on phones or something)... why flog a dead horse. If you're talking more generally, either raise it with him or accept that the behaviour is part of who he is.

Wow. I think you are way over reacting. You need him to call and keep you company on the phone while you are at work? Barbie i think a lot of guys would have a problem with that (and girls, myself included).

In the grand scheme of life and all of the things that could go wrong, don't you think this one is extremely insignificant?

I agree with this. I mean...you are at work. So work. It's not his job or duty to keep you company while you are there.

You say you are asking him too do it, but it does come accross more as a demand. Sure he should not SAY he will then doesn't, but in my experience if a guy feels pressured he will agree to it to just diffuse things and if he never wanted to do it in first place..he won't.

As I recall it....you two have for the entire time you have been together fought over these really petty issues, and they are all rooted in insecurity, jealousy and trust issues. And quite frankly, I also seem to recall tons of times where he is pretty inconsiderate overall and so while I understand your frustration I just wonder why you keep condoning it by getting "angry" but then staying around for him to do it over and over.

I guess my question is at what point do you wonder whether it's healthy when you have to "force" a relationship to work.

it's not like he does anything important while he's home, all he does is play video games for heavens sake. i can't wait to hear his excuse this time.

Well I'm just a regular girl and to me, watching tv/video is enough to keep me busy and away from the phone.

You know.. like sometimes you just don't feel like talking on the phone and would rather be doing something else around the house of on your own..

Sometimes for instance my bf will text and I don't reply right away for like hours. Not out of spite nor b/c I don't care, but b/c I know it's not like completely urgent and I'm occupied with other important or unimportant stuff.

I may call a bit later when I'm free or bored. You could pick up the phone instead I feel. Since you're the one bored.

I would suggest not asking him to call you and see what happens.

Guys are funny like that - you ask them to call and they wont (not necessarily intentionally), and when you act more aloof, they will call you.

Perhaps if you try coming accross a little busier at work, 'cant chat right now, im really busy, sort of thing, might actually motivate him to contact you more.

and just my honest opinion - this kind of reaction will drive guys away!!

If he didnt turn up for a date, or if the phone call was in regards to something very vital as apposed to keeping you company at work, id say yeh get mad.

But a lot of guys will find this trivial and run far away.

He wasn't home when I got home from work lastnight, because I got off early of course. He still wasn't home around the time that he usually gets home, so to my surprise the phone rings and it's HIM. He wanted to let me know that he was just getting done with whatever he was doing and that he was on his way home after he dropped off his buddies. Well, the first thing he said to me when he walked in . . . "im sorry i didn't call." "i didn't go home." and that was it. i didn't even press the issue.

He wasn't home when I got home from work lastnight, because I got off early of course. He still wasn't home around the time that he usually gets home, so to my surprise the phone rings and it's HIM. He wanted to let me know that he was just getting done with whatever he was doing and that he was on his way home after he dropped off his buddies. Well, the first thing he said to me when he walked in . . . "im sorry i didn't call." "i didn't go home." and that was it. i didn't even press the issue.

no monopoly?

BLM- it could be that you're expecting your period soon. Three days before mine, any perceived slight sends me off my rocker.

so true I agree . You are in the " PMS" stange. So just relax drink some hot coco. Also men doesn't like to talk on the phone and then don't like to be told to call you . They perfer us women to do all the work when it comes to that. Just hang in there girl and don't forget to VENT!

Archived