Fiance' assumes I'm cheating , what should I do?

Not trying to be the buzz kill here but i'm also not going to sugarcoat something. However, you don't even truly know this guy. You never truly know someone until you've been with them for awhile and have actually either lived with that person or been with them more than a few hours at a time. A person can easily put on a great front and make themselves look so much nicer and better when they're only around you for an hour maybe two a day if that. I knew things would be perfect with my ex, we were just great together because we were just perfect for each other. That is, until I decided to spend more time with him and realized our personalities clashed pretty badly and we just weren't compatible . We talked of marriage in hopes it would help things but in the end, we both realized marriage would be the worst thing for us.

If a relationship itself isn't strong enough, your marriage is sure to fail. You have been extremely confused about this relationship the entire time, I don't think you even need to be thinking about marriage right now. You need to focus on making the present relationship work before you start planning an engagement/wedding.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remember, if someone has to lie big to protect themselves or build themselves up, it is covering some deep pain or fears. We shouldn't let someone beat us up or be dishonest to us, but neither do we need to beat them up. They need gentle care, healing, and encouragement to get healthy.

And this is why I responded to Princess like a human being.

Princess, as someone said, good on your part to come clean. It's only to benefit yourself really.

All I can say is I have been in your situation as you described where you "feel/think" you love someone and "the sex is good". Or so you think.

One thing you need to realise: he is trying to move too fast. With the engagement and everything and you need to stop yourself from getting swept away. You need to try and put thing in perspective which I know is hard right now b/c you have such strong feelings for this guy.

Breaking up with him or taking a break or slowing things way down would have been an extremely good decision.

Archived