Atticus90

Yeah, we don't have to worry much about money. Medic aid and WIC do most of it until the child is like 5 I think..

If I have to pay child support, I don't want to be charged more than I can handle. Because 6.30$ an hour for 20 hours a week aint much.

Medicaid/WIC is only guaranteed until the child is 1, each year after that the child has to be requalify and they go off of household income (if you're living with your parents they include their income as well).

i understand what you're saying as far as child support, but how they figure it is going by both parents income .. they will not force you to pay $600 a month if you only make $500. As I said, my sons father makes pretty good money and he is only paying$400 a month. They only have you pay what you can.

You will eventually have to get a better paying job, no doubt because you will still have to buy extra formula, diapers (expect about $15-20 a week depending on the child),wipes, clothes, toys, bath accesories, etc..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wana do it the way my parents do it.

Since they have Joint custody, child support isn't a deal. My mom pays for my little brother and my dad pays for me. And they both help eachother out alll the time even though they're divorced. They lown eachother money when needed.

That's how i'd like it. Volentarily.

I see child support as, deadbeat fathers who leave and are forced to pay.

That isn't going to be the way it works for you though, because there isn't two children involved. the only reason it works that way with your parents is because there are two kids, your mom pays for one and your dad pays for the other. In the end they are still supporting the child (hence child support??) Just because child support is enforced does not mean the father is a deadbeat, it just means it is easy .. and it really is. My sons father isnt a deadbeat but it was easier on both of us to just have a set amount set up, I was guaranteed money for my son and he didnt have the hassle of worrying about it getting to me.

Baby is due June 20th so i'll be 18 before then.

Yeah we have a church near us that has a daycare with it. But i've seen how they treat the kids there. They treat the todlers like crap. It's supposed to be a freakin church to.

You need to find somewhere that has a good reputation and treat the kids like they're supposed to be. Look around for home daycares.

Medicaid/WIC is only guaranteed until the child is 1, each year after that the child has to be requalify and they go off of household income (if you're living with your parents they include their income as well).

i understand what you're saying as far as child support, but how they figure it is going by both parents income .. they will not force you to pay $600 a month if you only make $500. As I said, my sons father makes pretty good money and he is only paying$400 a month. They only have you pay what you can.

You will eventually have to get a better paying job, no doubt because you will still have to buy extra formula, diapers (expect about $15-20 a week depending on the child),wipes, clothes, toys, bath accesories, etc..

I read on a .gov website that the years of mediaid depends on what the parents make per year.

I just wish I didn't have to go through child support. It doesn't worry me, but I never liked being forced to do anything I didn't want to.

That isn't going to be the way it works for you though, because there isn't two children involved. the only reason it works that way with your parents is because there are two kids, your mom pays for one and your dad pays for the other. In the end they are still supporting the child (hence child support??)

Also, it might be difficult for you to get joint custody if you don't have a home of your own for the child to live at. Is there any way you can find a way to get your own place?

That isn't going to be the way it works for you though, because there isn't two children involved. the only reason it works that way with your parents is because there are two kids, your mom pays for one and your dad pays for the other. In the end they are still supporting the child (hence child support??) Just because child support is enforced does not mean the father is a deadbeat, it just means it is easy .. and it really is. My sons father isnt a deadbeat but it was easier on both of us to just have a set amount set up, I was guaranteed money for my son and he didnt have the hassle of worrying about it getting to me.

Yeah, but i'll have to pay for the child during the week AND child support. Wouldn't that be much more money though? Not that I mind, but it'd be much harder. With my income, it'll come out to like 30$ a week lol.

I read on a .gov website that the years of mediaid depends on what the parents make per year.

I just wish I didn't have to go through child support. It doesn't worry me, but I never liked being forced to do anything I didn't want to.

yea well that attitude kinda has to go out the window when you have a child. You are now a parent and you need to be responsible for that child, and that involves child support. You dont want to do it because you dont want to, hun, you need to change your views on life ASAP . you have a kid coming for crying out loud!! It's not a choice of whether you want to do it or not anymore, it's a fact of you HAVE to do it!

You don't have to go through child support agency but you do have to support the child.

And, yes medicaid does go off the household income, but that does not guarantee that you will have the medicaid wic for so many years.. It is only guaranteed for the first year, and can still be changed if you are found ineligible during that time. After the child turns 1, you may be required to carry health insurance on him/her as well.

Also, it might be difficult for you to get joint custody if you don't have a home of your own for the child to live at. Is there any way you can find a way to get your own place?

Only if my parents co sign for another place. I can't sign documents til im 18.

Plus, my job doesn't pay that much. I clear about 4 - 500 a month. aint much at all.

Yeah, but i'll have to pay for the child during the week AND child support. Wouldn't that be much more money though? Not that I mind, but it'd be much harder. With my income, it'll come out to like 30$ a week lol.

No, no , no you're misunderstanding.. If you're paying for the childs needs as the child needs it.. That is child support and you are not going to be forced to pay anymore. Just for example, say your gf did go through the child support agency and it was to be taken out of your check that is all you would need to pay.. All the extras you wouldn't need to do. $30 a week is alot more than most women get believe it or not.

No, no , no you're misunderstanding.. If you're paying for the childs needs as the child needs it.. That is child support and you are not going to be forced to pay anymore. Just for example, say your gf did go through the child support agency and it was to be taken out of your check that is all you would need to pay.. All the extras you wouldn't need to do. $30 a week is alot more than most women get believe it or not.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. nvm lol

Yeah, most important thing is to finish high school first. It must be really hard juggling school, work and the baby on the way! I don't know how you do it.

If you want to get joint custody eventually, I would recommend spending as much time as possible with baby when she's born. When deciding custody, the courts don't like to change the current situation if possible. So if your child already sees you every day, they're alot more likely to award you joint custody than if you only see her a couple hours per week. In the meantime, definitely concentrate on finishing school asap. Move out when that's done.

Its hard but not that hard. See, I make my own school hours. So I can do my work when I want. During the holidays I didn't have work. I did about a weeks of work in advanced. I'll graduate this year. which is early june

i graduate before baby is born also..

i dont know how ill go to college though

i dont even have the money for it and my parents want me to go .

i dont know how ill go to college though

i dont even have the money for it and my parents want me to go .

college is something that can come when the baby is older and there are so many grants & scholarships available out there. Do you know what you want to go to college for?

Also, as far as working and going to school.. You are homeschooled, so it will not be that hard but you do really need to consider picking up a job with more hours and income. It is possible, I was working 30 plus hours a week while going to school plus raising a small baby with little to no help from family. Because I had to do it, had no other choice.

My dad recomended night classes. I could do that, but I would rather go to UNCC rather than south rowan community college.

Community college's aren't taken seriously as I heard.

I would like to be an architech (sp)

I've been drawing since I was 6 and I love seeing house plans and how they're designed.

And I heard that colleges cost 40,000 a year. OUCH!!!

college is something that can come when the baby is older and there are so many grants & scholarships available out there. Do you know what you want to go to college for?

Also, as far as working and going to school.. You are homeschooled, so it will not be that hard but you do really need to consider picking up a job with more hours and income. It is possible, I was working 30 plus hours a week while going to school plus raising a small baby with little to no help from family. Because I had to do it, had no other choice.

wow. your a fighter lol. i could never do all that. homeschool would of been much easier for u. did u ever go to college?

Check 12th page for my other reply

You can start out going to community college and then transfer to UNC (Good choice of schools must I say later on. If you are serious about it, then you can do it! It's all about bettering yourself and your new family and you have to make some sacrifices that you wouldn't necessarily have to do if you weren't expecting a child. I know you probably understand that by now so i'll stop saying it but yeah, I'm not sure about community colleges being taken any less serious than a university so don't let that discourage you.

Just don't give up on your dreams!

My dad recomended night classes. I could do that, but I would rather go to UNCC rather than south rowan community college.

Community college's aren't taken seriously as I heard.

I would like to be an architech (sp)

I've been drawing since I was 6 and I love seeing house plans and how they're designed.

And I heard that colleges cost 40,000 a year. OUCH!!!

Community colleges are GREAT for your first two years of school. They're often a lot less expensive than four-year colleges, and usually a CC will have a deal going on with a nearby college where their classes transfer over seamlessly. They also offer classes at odd times (nights, weekends) and can be a lot more accommodating to parents. I suggest seriously looking into the community college in your area before you blow it off because it isn't taken seriously - you can take your core at a CC and finish up at a 4-year and it won't be any different from having done your entire degree at the school that costs 40k a year.

You can start out going to community college and then transfer to UNC (Good choice of schools must I say later on. If you are serious about it, then you can do it! It's all about bettering yourself and your new family and you have to make some sacrifices that you wouldn't necessarily have to do if you weren't expecting a child. I know you probably understand that by now so i'll stop saying it but yeah, I'm not sure about community colleges being taken any less serious than a university so don't let that discourage you.

Just don't give up on your dreams!

I'd love to do all that.

But money is only an issue.

And I don't know how you can get scholarships for architecture.

I thought they only had that stuff for sports.

wow. your a fighter lol. i could never do all that. homeschool would of been much easier for u. did u ever go to college?

Check 12th page for my other reply

I'm a single mother, I wouldn't get anywhere if I wasn't a "fighter" as you call it. I tried homeschooling but it just wasn't for me, I had a hard time concentrating on schooling unless someone was standing over me to keep me on track.

College is definitely in my near future and now that my son is getting older it's getting to be alot easier for both me and him.

I'd love to do all that.

But money is only an issue.

And I don't know how you can get scholarships for architecture.

I thought they only had that stuff for sports.

There are plenty of scholarships available for all different kinds of things. You just have to look for them. And you can get financial aid in the form of grants, loans, etc.

Archived