Atticus90

Community colleges are GREAT for your first two years of school. They're often a lot less expensive than four-year colleges, and usually a CC will have a deal going on with a nearby college where their classes transfer over seamlessly. They also offer classes at odd times (nights, weekends) and can be a lot more accommodating to parents. I suggest seriously looking into the community college in your area before you blow it off because it isn't taken seriously - you can take your core at a CC and finish up at a 4-year and it won't be any different from having done your entire degree at the school that costs 40k a year.

I'll try. I wont be able to make much money because they limit hours and stuff where I live at, because i'm still a student. And most of my money would be going to the baby so that don't leave much.

i'll have to take a student loan out in order to even make it to college, but i don't know how i'll pay em back.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to do all that.

But money is only an issue.

And I don't know how you can get scholarships for architecture.

I thought they only had that stuff for sports.

NO!

If you have decent grades in school you can qualify for all kinds of scholarships, pell grants, and all other kind of financial aid. When I go back to school I will be paying next to nothing thanks to all of the aid I qualify for.

I'm a single mother, I wouldn't get anywhere if I wasn't a "fighter" as you call it. I tried homeschooling but it just wasn't for me, I had a hard time concentrating on schooling unless someone was standing over me to keep me on track.

College is definitely in my near future and now that my son is getting older it's getting to be alot easier for both me and him.

Yeah homeschooling can be distracting. With the tv, ipod, computer and stuff. At times, i'm even on ENA while i'm doin my work lol.

NO!

If you have decent grades in school you can qualify for all kinds of scholarships, pell grants, and all other kind of financial aid. When I go back to school I will be paying next to nothing thanks to all of the aid I qualify for.

i aint gonna lie, but from 9th to 11th, i had a's,b's,c's which are bad grades to college... plus, i dropped out of 11th grade december 2006. that certainly wont be good for my record.

are you sure? I was told something completely different. What part of NC you live? I live next to charlotte.

I live in Eastern, NC

The main rules are:

You cant be employed between certain hours , I cant remember exactly but I think it was like from 11pm-5am on school nights unless parents okay it, and you can't work anymore than 40 hours a week or anymore than 8 hours a day when you have school.

Ohh. Well I plan on finsihing school hopefully before child is born. then a few years later, i will go to college. during that time i should of saved a little money for a community college. and if my grades are good, then uncc will accept me. if that doesn't work, then i'll just finish community college and do with what i have. and after that, which is like 4 + years down the road

Archived