So I know all girls have some insecurity but I absolutly despise my body I will not wear certin clothes because of it and only go swimming in huge T-shirts down to my knees. When I was growing up I was chubby and got teased my whole life. I lost 20 pounds and everyone says I look amazing now, and I get check out by guys daily. But it doesn't help. My boyfriend gets frustrated because I won't even let him see my tummy EVER. It becomes an obsession when it comes to what I can and can't eat. And when I end up binging, I work out like crazy!! Has anyone ever had issues like this and successfully overcome them? if so what tools do you use?

Wearing less clothes or the clothes you want with people you are more intimate with (not that much, such as with family and friends)

When you'll be used to have sex with someone that shyness will probably slowly wear off.

A tool ? I'd opt for a dildo.

Oh, and now after editing it's 20 pounds which is the better

You look really good. But no matter how many people tell you that you will not believe because all you feel is that you still are that chubby girl. I'm sorry i don't really know how to help so much. But i do also think that after sex you will be more comfortable as BYOB said. But i also think slowly going out of your comfort zone will help. I never ever thought i would have worn shorts above the knee ever! But then i needed some for swimming and i hated that i always was stuck in daggy clothes and trying to fight these massive clothes and swim. So i bought shortish shorts. It was way out of my comfort zone, but now i'm used to it. My point is if you never feel uncomfortable you will never feel more comfortable. The longer you stay hiding the harder it is to break out of. You are beautiful. Guys don't check out chicks who aren't hot.

I think it depends how deep-seated your self-hatred is and where it springs from. If you have the facts at hand that you have nothing to worry about, but ignore them to feel bad about yourself, then the issue is not your body, it's your mind. So all I can suggest is have a look at the reasons why you focus on your body and ask yourself if it's really your body that you hate, or if you are focussing on your body as a proxy for something else you feel out of control about. If this is getting out of control for you I suggest seeking help, whether it's buying a book or seeing a counsellor.

If there is genuinely a problem with your body that you think you can affect externally, then why not make a plan. If your stomach embarrasses you and you think it needs toning etc, then why not focus on some exercises etc, so you are taking control?

I have to say, sometimes we just need to live with the parts of ourselves that we hate, and focus on what we like. What do you like about your body?

I personally hate my short legs and my chunky thighs, and found myself looking enviously at your picture! Other parts of me are pretty good. I would love to say I was happy with all of me, but I'm not. You just have to dress sometimes to accentuate your good parts and hide your less good parts. We all have them, both good and bad!

hey girl, i have sort of the same problem. well yeah um, i used to be kinda chubby back when i was growing upp, but when i hit puberty and when i became a teenager. know i am skinny but not thet skinny. i just have a flat belly and like somhow my ass sticks out and i hate it. i came out like my mother. it is crazy. i dont know, well yeah um i was like that. i dont know. so just dont worry to much about ur body thogh. i mean being skinny is better then being fat and chubby and flobber all over lol. welll yeah um, i hope this helps you out a little.

From one who's been there...

Don't think about what other people think about your tummy. And don't listen to the advice above about being self-conscious and not downing burgers.

That's really unhelpful.

The best tools I can offer you is what worked for me: think about your health. Eat what's good for you and get a decent amount of exercise. For life. If you follow a healthy lifestyle, a healthy body will follow. Don't EVER compare yourself to magazine models -- the majority are not healthy and underweight. Models maintain their weight through a very unhealthy lifestyle. Don't do that.

I think we women get hard on ourselves because of media images of the super skinny. (No offense to those who are naturally skinny!) You look fine in your pic, and you should have no trouble maintaining what you have as long as you make sure you are healthy. I'm sure your tummy is fine.

PM me with any questions. I lost a great deal of weight six years ago and kept it off through healthy eating. It does help to think of it as staying healthy rather than through pounds or what you think certain parts of your body look like.

you are right. The models kill me. I don't wanna be skinny, I just want to not have excess fat anywhere. It's really depressing when my brothers girlfriend comes to visit because she has a perfect body and shows it off big time. I try to eat healthy but then I find myself binging because I LOVE food then I feel super fat.

I think that you have two options here.

Option 1) You exercise everyday. You eat less. You hunger. Your body is in pain. You feel weaker. ...You look half-great because you are still unsatisfied of the result.

Option 2) You can enjoy eating. You feel confortable. You are worried about your looks. You miss your chance with your dream man because you don't want to show yourself. You feel numb with the idea of eating.

Which do you pick?

Or pick the secret option: Enjoy eating, feel confortable but don't worry about it because there are men who love you the way you are.

I think showing a lot of skin is overrated anyway. Back in the old days people covered up their imperfections with long dresses, pants, shoes that covered their feet. I wish we could go back in time.

I guess something is wrong with me because when we go to eat ice cream and hang out outside, I honestly want to barf looking at all the yellow toenails and cellulite hanging off women's thighs. There are not really that many people who look good in the nude, not many at all.

Nothing is wrong with you I think. You are what we used to call modest.

Archived