Opinions on what this means

Sunshine7

Hi everyone :D

I know everyone has differing opinions on psychics but I had a psychic reading that has been incredibly accurate. I don't want to go back to the psychic for clarification on this as it's not a major issue. There was something she said that confused me.

She said there is a new love interest but it is up to me where I take it. Does this mean I need to ask the guy out (as I know who it is) or does it mean he will ask me out and then it's up to me if I agree to go out or see him etc...

How would you read that yourself?

Who is the love interest? How do you know she meant him?

She said there is a new love interest but it is up to me where I take it. Does this mean I need to ask the guy out (as I know who it is) or does it mean he will ask me out and then it's up to me if I agree to go out or see him etc...

It means that she makes her money spouting broad truisms. Every single love relationship depends at least in part on where you choose to take it - if she meant entirely up to you then my sense is that if you perceive it that way you will think she was "psychic."

And yes even if she mentioned the "circumstances" etc still doesn't make her a psychic.

I do not think you should ask him out based on what she said. I think it's fine if you want to ask him out if you are comfortable with that sort of dynamic. I think "up to you" doesn't have to mean asking someone out on a date -it could equally mean accepting a date with 100% enthusiasm.

What the psychic told you is so general that it could apply to anyone. After all, all relationships are up to you where you take it.

Psychics are generally good at reading the person sitting in front of them and telling them what they want to hear. It can be great fun because a psychic could tell you things about yourself that you didn't know (although they're obvious to other people) as well as some general advice about relationships and love (much like we do here on ENA).

But I will tell you in general, that there is nothing wrong with asking a guy out and if you find someone interesting, there's no reason why you can ask him out. If a relationship ensues, then both of you will be thankful.

Last Sunday he asked me what I was doing that day. I was sorting things out for my mum's birthday the next day so said that. He then left the conversation as I had to head off. But it kind of seems like he wants to head in the direction of asking me out maybe? I don't ask guys out as prefer men to lead in that department.

Last Sunday he asked me what I was doing that day. I was sorting things out for my mum's birthday the next day so said that. He then left the conversation as I had to head off. But it kind of seems like he wants to head in the direction of asking me out maybe? I don't ask guys out as prefer men to lead in that department.

Well then I think it's your turn. If you want to see someone but cannot that day why in the world would you leave it as you did -why not "oh! so sorry I cannot meet that day but I am free [insert particular day/time period]. You've given him the impression that you don't want to go on a date with him. As I wrote above you can choose to respond with 100% enthusiasm. You gave him a lukewarm response and it was just about running errands right? Not even because you had to be at the party. I made a potential friend on Facebook a few years ago -she was really enthusiastic about planning a playdate for our kids. On the day of after I'd planned my day around it she texted that she needed to cancel to catch up on Christmas shopping. At that point I left it to her to reschedule because her actions told me that she was no longer into the plan sufficiently for me to invest more time into planning a playdate.

I think it's fine to want the guy to do the asking out but that's as long as you show interest in response. You didn't.

well like they said its up to you... how you feel..

I dont want to be all sceptical but i was told id find love with a guy with a name beginning in E and my friend Ed came back into my life so I gave it a go but it wasn't right...

Don't live and die by other people and their opinions/thoughts

Live by your own feelings

He just asked me what I was doing that day he didn't say he wanted to hang out. It was just "what are you doing today."

Gee whiz, it sounds like he gave you an opening and you didn't take it. You could have helped him a bit by saying you were thinking of seeing "A Star is Born" did he want to come, or that you were going downtown, would he like to meet up. You know, do you want something to happen or what?

I don't ask guys out as prefer men to lead in that department.

So somehow guys you like are suppose to psychically know you're attracted to them and ask you out? Or do you just have guys you're not interested in ask you out? Either way, it doesn't sound like a good dating system. You have to ask for something to get something.

It's like the guy who was staring at you in the gym two years ago. When you saw him staring at you, you could have asked him if he saw something he liked? It seems like you miss a lot of dating opportunities while you wait for guys to ask you out.

I asked if he wanted a cup of coffee a few months back. He declined, he has just finished a 12 hour shift but to me that made me think okay don't bother. If I've missed out I've missed out. I'm okay with being single I've been okay for the past 6 years. Thanks for all your opinions and advice.

My theory is if you like someone, regardless of doing a 12 hour shift or even if it's inconvenient you would accept. Because your desire would be strong enough. We had only spoken a few times by then and I don't know maybe now he is interested and that's why he asked what I was doing the other day. But really after me making an open honest offer its his turn. I just came out and asked so he should be able to.

You wrote that you don’t ask men out so it depends how you asked - was it “we should get coffee sometime?” Or more specific. I agree if specific he certainly should react with enthusiasm and reschedule as necessary. A new friend from Facebook who just moved a few blocks away made some reference to getting coffee this week. I’d already suggested meeting. I replied that I would love to and please to let me know her schedule. No response. From past experiences I don’t expect one. I find that people who actually want to meet are much more concrete about time and place and react promptly. Even if there’s a lot of rescheduling. The “we should get coffee” is nice but only with follow up. So I’d have to know how you asked him.

I offered face to face in that moment, as I was speaking to him about something else and dropped it into conversation. I said "would you like a cup of coffee?" He's my neighbour so it was an invite into my place as well. But was declined. He is single and he's moving out in December, as was only renting next to me for 6 months.

Not only did he decline coffee several months ago when you asked, he never followed up with any positive response, nor did he ask you out.

If he were truly interested but just very tired after his shift, he'd have declined but asked you for a different date. Or he'd have contacted you in the months since.

He has not.

Psychic or not, this guy's interest in you is lukewarm at best. Move on.

I offered face to face in that moment, as I was speaking to him about something else and dropped it into conversation. I said "would you like a cup of coffee?" He's my neighbour so it was an invite into my place as well. But was declined. He is single and he's moving out in December, as was only renting next to me for 6 months.

Oh ok so it was a casual right then kind of thing. Certainly if he was interested he would have said "no but I'd love to take a rain check" and gotten your information and followed up as soon as he knew his schedule.

Archived