Is he cheating again?

Shygirl91

A few years ago I caught my boyfriend sexting his best mates ex, it completely broke me and nearly ended our relationship. We went on holiday last month and as he had a friend (a girl) from work going to the same place as us he arranged for us to meet up with her and her boyfriend. She ended up having a massive fight with her boyfriend and my partner was constantly hugging her and making sure she was OK and pushed me to the side. Ever since we've come home hes constantly texting her and it's getting more and more everyday to really late at night and he tilts his phone away from me so I can't see what he's saying. This is exactly how he was the first time around and now I'm scared it's happening all over again. We've not long moved in together and ever since he doesn't come near me, doesn't hug me or kiss me or show me any affection and the last time we have sex was so long ago I can't remember.

Am I right to be worried or am I just being stupid

A few years ago I caught my boyfriend sexting his best mates ex, it completely broke me and nearly ended our relationship. We went on holiday last month and as he had a friend (a girl) from work going to the same place as us he arranged for us to meet up with her and her boyfriend. She ended up having a massive fight with her boyfriend and my partner was constantly hugging her and making sure she was OK and pushed me to the side. Ever since we've come home hes constantly texting her and it's getting more and more everyday to really late at night and he tilts his phone away from me so I can't see what he's saying. This is exactly how he was the first time around and now I'm scared it's happening all over again. We've not long moved in together and ever since he doesn't come near me, doesn't hug me or kiss me or show me any affection and the last time we have sex was so long ago I can't remember.

Am I right to be worried or am I just being stupid

Yes, you are right to be worried. This guy has checked out of your relationship.

Whether or not he's cheating again is uncertain but given his history and him pulling away from you, I think it's not impossible. Sorry, girl. I think you really need to think about why you're still with him.

Sorry to hear this. This shabby treatment, rejection of you and physical coldness has been going on for quite a while. Have the strength to leave.

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years and the past 3 or 4 years he just doesnt want to come near me sexually.

I'm a plus size girl. scared he's going to go elsewhere for sex or leave me once someone better comes along.

I have tried talking to him about it and how I feel but he just starts moaning and arguing with me and I just don't know what to do anymore

You are very right to be worried. His actions are not innocuous, even assuming you are exaggerating a bit. After cheating once his behavior needs to be above board and transparent...don't let him put this back on you.

Just joined so not sure if it shows under my profile, I'm a hetero-guy and this is not innocuous misunderstood guy behavior, this is exactly what you fear it is.

• 1 month later...

Did you ask him why he's getting so involved with her and texting half the day away to her? If you haven't, then why not? He's showing you the very same behaviour he did when he cheated on you the first time so it would certainly be in your best interests to ask him to put an end to yet again, inappropriate and romantic boundary crossing activity. He's either a chronic cheater or hes just too stupid to know that his actions lead him down slippy slopes.

So: If you've talked to him about it, what has he said about is over-the-top communication with her?

Archived