Cheating or Not

Jedi0715

I recently discovered that my wife of 26 years has recently began a relationship with someone she met on FB.

To the best of my knowledge the relationship has just been conversations about our relationship.

Recently I discovered that she had been paying for private chat lines as well and spending a lot of money to do so.

Is it an affair or cheating or not?

If not why the secrets and private chat lines.

Whether you call it cheating or not is kind of a toss up.

What you should focus on and pay attention to is that your marriage is in deep trouble and the emotional connection between you and your wife has broken down to the point where she is reaching out for that to other sources. My advice to you is instead of accusing your wife of cheating, you need to start sorting out what's going on between you and what's broken with your marriage asap, even if you need to seek out help from a marriage counselor.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like she's lonely, bored and looking for people to talk to. It may or may not be in the affair zone...yet. Why not suggest marriage therapy before pointing fingers at nebulous activity. Does she know you know? How do you know all this, btw?

I recently discovered that my wife of 26 years has recently began a relationship with someone she met on FB. To the best of my knowledge the relationship has just been conversations about our relationship.

Archived