Do you think she took my joke wrong

cubbie88

Last night I asked this girl I have been on a few dates with if she wanted to grab a pizza (it was about 930), she replied at 10:00. Sorry I cant gotta be at work at 7 am. I said ah that sucks, an early start to your day, and she said yea not looking forward to it

Today I texted her and said "I just realized something. Instead of having the chance to hang out with me and seeing me you were more worried about work. Should I be insulted by that?! How can a job be more important than me??!?! "(and then i did the whole laughing emoticon)

she read it but didnt reply and has been active on facebook so she's clearly off work, so I'm wondering if she took my joke as serious? Like i was genuinely upset or coming off as I was way more important and that I am a priority? She is usually sarcastic so I figured she would get it

Last night I asked this girl I have been on a few dates with if she wanted to grab a pizza (it was about 930), she replied at 10:00. Sorry I cant gotta be at work at 7 am. I said ah that sucks, an early start to your day, and she said yea not looking forward to it

Today I texted her and said "I just realized something. Instead of having the chance to hang out with me and seeing me you were more worried about work. Should I be insulted by that?! How can a job be more important than me??!?! "(and then i did the whole laughing emoticon)

she read it but didnt reply and has been active on facebook so she's clearly off work, so I'm wondering if she took my joke as serious? Like i was genuinely upset or coming off as I was way more important and that I am a priority? She is usually sarcastic so I figured she would get it

Oh boy. That was the wrong move. She is clearly a responsible person by going to bed at a decent hour to get up for work. I would write you off at that point if i were her.

if you said "Sweet dreams...about pizza :) :) have a great day tomorrow" or "oh, darn, well, you will miss out on my anchovie breathe. Yum. Good night. have a great day tomorrow." or "sleep over anchovies?? LOL just kidding. Have a great day tomorrow." i think you took it waaaaay too far.

Or you could have used it as an opportunity to counter offer --- choose an alternate date. 9:30 IS a little ltae to as someone out, afterall. if you had asked at 5 she might have done it --- at 6

Dude that was not sarcasm, it was subconscious projecting, or thats what it seems like to others!

That's what I was thinking, too.

Even if she knew it was a joke on the surface, it has an underlying tone that is rather off-putting. However, what's done is done. Don't text an apology; the ball is in her court now to reply. I am guessing she will reply, but I would not bring up the joke if she doesn't. Just assume it wasn't that funny and carry on. You could try asking her out when she gets in touch again, at a more reasonable hour.

Archived