I was with my ex-wife until the end of 2016. We were together for ten years. I spent the first half of last year getting over her and I succeeded. The second half of 2017 was one of the most interesting experiences of my life as I dated online extensively. I would say I "got it out of my system". At the end of the year, I met a girl who stood out from the rest. We got into a relationship shortly afterward. It was very intense and we became very close very quickly. A couple of her negative characteristics surfaced and we broke up last week. I would be amazed if we spoke again.

Instead of sulking, I decided to get back on the horse. It was only a month and a half relationship. I don't think I need too much time to recover from it. I went out on an online date last night. She was into me right away and we had sex in my car. She's crazy and I'm not interested in seeing her again. Although my friends are high-fiving me for the ease with which I am now able to attract girls so quickly, I feel hollow. I fell hard for my recent ex and I worry that I won't be able to find something so passionate again. She was great. Pretty, smart, high sex drive. I felt like I had to be at my best with her; not to impress her, but just because it felt like it's what I wanted to do. She seemed to have the complete package and I committed myself to her completely. I try not to glorify her; she was irrational and unreasonable when it came to our differences of opinion. We are incompatible in that regard. I don't sense that we could ever work. Our personalities would be in constant conflict.

I'm not interested in just hooking up anymore. It's old. I'm interested in finding something real. I'm 39. Will I find someone that fits me before it's too late?

I'm not interested in just hooking up anymore. It's old. I'm interested in finding something real. I'm 39.

Will I find someone that fits me before it's too late?

It's NEVER too late!

Look at it this way. You found "love" or close to with your recent ex.

OK, it didn't work out and that sucks BUT, at least now you know you are open to loving and, more importantly, are actually able to love again!

Which is a positive, right?

This is the attitude you should have, not this whoa is me "will I ever find someone that fits me before it's too late" attitude. Ugh. :eek:

I know you don't believe in energy/vibe Cc (we've discussed previously) but I am telling you straight, if you go into dating now with that 'whoa is me' attitude, will I ever find anyone, women will sense it and be turned off.

Change your mindset and think more positively! Your success rate will skyrocket just like it did the second half of 2017, and eventually you will find the right fit. :D

It's NEVER too late!

Look at it this way. You found "love" or close to with your recent ex.

OK, it didn't work out and that sucks BUT, at least now you know you are open to loving and, more importantly, are actually able to love again!

Which is a positive, right?

This is the attitude you should have, not this whoa is me "will I ever find someone that fits me before it's too late" attitude. Ugh. :eek:

I know you don't believe in energy/vibe Cc (we've discussed previously) but I am telling you straight, if you go into dating now with that 'whoa is me' attitude, will I ever find anyone, women will sense it and be turned off.

Change your mindset and think more positively! Your success rate will skyrocket just like it did the second half of 2017, and eventually you will find the right fit. :D

I just got dumped, so I'm allowed to be whoa is me for just a little, aren't I? :-p

It was definitely felt love that I felt for my recent ex. It was good to feel it again.

I'll be very honest, I'm not worried about turning girls off. I seem to attract them pretty easily these days. The girl from last night was pretty attracted lol. I think I need to be more selective about who I date and even just talk to. There aren't enough hours in the day to talk to everyone.

I know I'll get someone good eventually. What I'm feeling are typical post-break up feelings. I wouldn't say I peaked out with my recent ex and I don't believe she's some unicorn. There are others just like her. There are others better than her.

Archived