What's his deal? Is he playing hard to get or not interested?

Smoogle

This may be quite long and unsure if this is the best forum to post in - sorry

So, as most things start these days, I matched with this guy on tinder last November (2017). We seemed to click when talking etc and were messaging everyday on fb, however, he is in the military and is based over 400 miles away in Germany (I am in the UK). Despite this we continued talking as we had a lot of in jokes and decided to meet up when he was back in the UK as his hometown is very close to where I live.

We meet, its amazing, we spend two whole days together and both were very affectionate with each other and I had no doubt in my mind that it was a genuine connection on both sides. He goes back to Germany for work and we continue messaging each other, same good vibes as always etc.

Fast forward a few weeks, he had to go on military exercise in the middle of nowhere and was off wifi for just over a week - no issues about this, assumed everything would be all good once he was back. So he comes back on wifi and messages me instantly etc saying he's back.

This is where my confusion starts - since he has been back on wifi I feel as though he has been very vague/distant, or at least definitely more so than before he went away. I asked him if we were still the same as before and he said yeah, although I feel as though I initiate a lot of the conversation. Now, he has never been the most consistent with messaging, and we do exchange conversation on some level every day, but even the compliments and affection seem to be less.

I was starting to lose hope this week, as he is back in the UK, as when I tried to make plans with him it seemed like he wasn't too interested. All of a sudden I decide to just straight up tell him I want to see him as he is home (rather than just asking when he is free etc), and as soon as I say that he makes plans with me - taking me out for the day later this week, staying at his house, and then the following night staying at mine for a party this is happening.

Am I being ridiculous and otherthinking or is he possibly just not really that interested? I know he is taking me out on a date, and that this isn't really your typical "dating scenario" in terms of the distance, but my gut feels like something has changed. I like him, and I feel like he likes me too, but I am wondering if the distance thing is an issue for him that could explain his behaviour since being off grid.

Thoughts???

I don't know men to 'play hard to get'

He may be rethinking this whole thing.

Unfortunately we don't have crystal balls here so there is no telling what's up.

The best you can do is back off and see if he meets you half way.

In the meantime manage your expectations and recognize a LDR such as this is a long shot to begin with.

Unfortunately we don't have crystal balls here so there is no telling what's up.

In the meantime manage your expectations and recognize a LDR such as this is a long shot to begin with.

From experience, men who liked me and wanted me, never played hard to get. The guys were either interested or not. Think of this way, if a guy likes you, why would he risk losing you by playing games? Answer: he wouldn't.

It sounds like hookups and he is playing the field. Think or this as casual fun for now, not a budding relationship.

I matched with this guy on tinder.We meet, its amazing, we spend two whole days together and both were very affectionate with each other .he makes plans with me - taking me out for the day later this week, staying at his house, and then the following night staying at mine for a party this is happening.

I agree with reinventmyself. A very sound advice. It can also be due to work but you will have to let the chips fall where they may. Give it some time and you will get your answer. Just don't chase him.

It's early days yet, try to quell the overthinking. (I know, I know, it's hard to do.) Have fun when you're together, and try to lighten your expectations a bit during the in-between.

With men... well, if they're interested, you know. They have different ways of showing it. Just pay attention. (Him responding with plans when you said you'd like to see him is a good sign!)

Archived