Stomach/abdominal issues

I was wondering if anyone can help give me any ideas as to what could be wrong with my stomach or has a similar problem...

For my entire life, after I'd eat certain foods (usually foods containing a lot of cheese, milk or butter), I would feel sick to my stomach. I would get abdominal pain and diarrhea, which always relieved the pain. Lately, everything I eat has been upsetting my stomach. I went to my doctor and she prescribed me 10mg of dicyclomine to take before meals because she thought I had irritable bowel syndrome. I took the dicyclomine as directed for about a month and it was little to no help (it was only supposed to stop the stomach pain, but it did not work). When I called my doctor back to let her know the prescription wasn't working, she sent me a referral to a GI doctor who I am going to see in about a week.

Does anyone out there have a similar problem or know what could be wrong? It has gotten to the point where eating anything makes me feel nauseous and then thinking about eating does the same thing. Sometimes the stomach pain is unbearable. I have had to leave class multiple times to use the restroom and have had to cancel plans because I needed to be near a restroom. I am seeing the GI doctor soon, I was just wondering if anyone has any input on what could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived