Things You Said to Win Back Your Ex After Cheating?

avoidatallcost

There's not much to say in this setting. In fact persuading and grovelling often backfire. Either they are the type that overlooks it and gets over it or they are not. So, unfortunately there are no magic words for this.

I recently got caught cheating by my gf, who I had been dating for three months. And it's wasn't a one time thing either.. I had been having sex with my previous ex for about a month or two. So yeah the gf got a hold of my ex and they talked and even compared dates. So everything is out in the open, all about how I'd have sex with one girl one day, and the other the next.
You said that you only together for only three months, and it was full of uncertainty and toxicity. plus, you said she had mental issues . What draws you to this dynamic?

Why are you so attracted to drama and chaos ?????

I'm going to guess it's because she's ultra hot.

You said that you only together for only three months, and it was full of uncertainty and toxicity. plus, you said she had mental issues. You cheated in three months. Good grief!

Lol! Please let's stick to the thread here.. I figure many many marriages and relationships have been reconciled after cheating there must be some statements that were said that helped to save all these seemingly broken relationships?

Btw she has been calling and texting me intermittently all week. Not sure what the heck she wants. Attention? Validation? The need to know I still want her so this can stoke her ego? Who knows.

Words will not cancel out cheating with an ex.

I took my ex back after he cheated on me because there was something profoundly wrong with me. I felt I was worthless without him, so he was able to get away with lying and cheating on me while I sat back trying to pretend I didn't know.

I no longer feel that way.

If your ex has any semblance of self-esteem, she will not accept you back just because you said some pretty words. ACTIONS are what really count, and yours included cheating, so....You'd have a long way to go for your ACTIONS to prove you are no longer a liar and cheater.

Doesn't she call and text you just to tell you about all her modeling gigs? She probably wants you to know what you lost.

Pretty much as the title says.. for anyone who has cheated, or for anyone who has been cheated on, and you got back together with your partner, what were some of the things you said or did to win them back to give you a second chance?

Ask yourself what would it take to convince you if your partner cheated? Generally a life changing or life redefining event would do it. Like for instance let's say some girl used to cheat, then gave up drinking, partying and became a nun. I would be pretty convinced that that girl is no longer cheating.

Let's say you were in the navy and went on a sub for 6 months with no contact. I would say you're not cheating but since there's nothing I can count on to say you've changed I would assume you would get back to it once you came back. Also, just because you say something the day after doesn't count. You have to build up the trust again for 3 weeks+. For some people the trust takes forever to rebuild. You'll be in your grave and then they'll think you're not cheating anymore.

Doesn't she call and text you just to tell you about all her modeling gigs? She probably wants you to know what you lost.

Hmm wow that's true I hadn't looked at it that way. While we dated she did the odd shoot as well so after we broke up it kind of made sense to me that she would bring it up..

But yes now that you brought that up and now that I think about it you're absolutely right..

Her original excuse for calling me was to help her write up a personal statement for a miss universe selection process that is taking place in my country (Canada). She included an information packet that included pictures of her.. and when I sent back my corrections of her personal statement I forgot to send it as an attachment in the email I wrote to her. So basically, she never got it and she never asked me why I didn't send it.. so the one thing she used as an excuse to get help with she never even got.

Yes, I think you are right. I think I am in very dangerous territory here. She has no intention of getting back together. This is all part of her revenge plan for sure. I really need to detach from this situation.

Lol! Please let's stick to the thread here.. I figure many many marriages and relationships have been reconciled after cheating there must be some statements that were said that helped to save all these seemingly broken relationships?

Btw she has been calling and texting me intermittently all week. Not sure what the heck she wants. Attention? Validation? The need to know I still want her so this can stoke her ego? Who knows.

My questions are relevant. Why don't you respond to them? You know the situation is ridiculous .

3 month relationship and you are cheating????? Be serious mate about the whole situation, 3 months is not long to even get to know every in depth part of a person.

If i was her and the other girl both should block your number if they are smart. you knew what you were doing and that makes it even worst. best thing you can do is learn from this and move on with life and keep it in the pants with "Only" one chick in the future.

You said that you only together for only three months, and it was full of uncertainty and toxicity. plus, you said she had mental issues. You cheated in three months. Good grief!

I am NOT attracted to the drama and the chaos. I hate the drama and chaos! The reason I want her back is because of the good parts about her.. she cared for me immensely. Bought me little gifts. Messaged me all the time to ask me how I was doing. Took good care of me at times. Was very considerate when she wanted to be. Was very loving, and affectionate at times.

The chaos and the drama were the reasons I wanted out.. and they were the reasons I sought refuge with my ex. My previous ex was my island of calm in the ocean of chaos and drama that was represented by this more recent ex. I absolutely cannot stand the drama of this woman, which is why I am desperate to leave.. but at the same time I miss her so much a big part of me also wants her back.

I'm trying to be strong. She hasn't messaged me since yesterday, so I am just focusing on all the bad things about her that I hated.

Also, I'm not totally sure she has mental issues. I mean, I suspect it strongly and pretty much believe she does.. but that's why I posted here to see what you guys thought. Because if a lot of people think her behavior was kind of off and more of something a mentally ill person would do, then I need to really focus on getting away from her. But if her behavior is just something a young and immature woman would do, I'm thinking maybe I should be more patient with her.

Archived