Husband's golf trips include women friends

So, my husband has been going on out of state golf trips with a group of coworkers. The group includes several men and two women. Sometimes they all stay in the same beach house and I know there is quite a bit of drinking that goes on. Most are married, (except one of the women who is recently divorced) and their spouses do not go along. I'm uncomfortable with the situation, but I don't want to be that nagging wife who doesn't let her husband do things. I'm wondering what others think. Am I right to be concerned? I know lots of guys go on golf trips, but I rarely hear of women going along.

Okay, but just out of curiosity, what would you do to stop him? Demand he not go or else?

He's married (or your bf) not in prison. He's also not your ex who cheated on you.

I wouldnt be with someone who went on these kind of "work trips".

There are plenty of guys who prefer to spend their free time with their gf/spouse/family and not the people they work with, and they are the ones I would rather date.

We are allowed to have different deal breakers, and that is one of mine.

I personally think that sort of weekend is asking for trouble. I know that if someone is going to cheat they will, I am not naive, but being in certain situations can lead to certain behaviours.

So, my husband has been going on out of state golf trips with a group of coworkers. The group includes several men and two women. Sometimes they all stay in the same beach house and I know there is quite a bit of drinking that goes on. Most are married, (except one of the women who is recently divorced) and their spouses do not go along. I'm uncomfortable with the situation, but I don't want to be that nagging wife who doesn't let her husband do things. I'm wondering what others think. Am I right to be concerned? I know lots of guys go on golf trips, but I rarely hear of women going along.

This is difficult to gauge without knowing the people involved. Some offices lead to friendships outside of work, and those networks add real value within the workplace. I've never known a similar group / trip to make such a trip more than once or twice a year.

If it happens frequently, I would be unhappy as the spouse at home. My partners energy and resources are directed to the time away, and his need for a relaxing fun weekend is met by this group. I would suggest that a regular trip leads to he and I growing further apart.

Archived