Am I wrong to be upset when my husband talks sex with other females on facebook

Caseyjones

I love my husband so much but he replies to other women's posts about sex. He also posts his own stories about women and sex.

I mean like if a random woman he follows posts a rude question, he will answer it.

As well as talk about things like how to make a woman orgasm - on his own profile.

He tells me it's just Facebook and it's not real life and he's never met these women but it's Upsetting me.

Am I right to be concerned or am I being insecure?

We are not talking now because we argue over it.

What are the green and red flags when social networking whilst in a relationship?

I'd love to hear any similar stories.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you really need to ask this question! I would bet money that he has been cheating for years, if he feels so comfortable cheating on FB.

Where are your boundaries? You should be done with this man. It's time to love yourself, as you husband has zero respect for you.

Do you really need to ask this question! I would bet money that he has been cheating for years, if he feels so comfortable cheating on FB.

Where are your boundaries? You should be done with this man. It's time to love yourself, as you husband has zero respect for you.

Hey, Thank You for your reply.

He's not cheating honestly.

He just gets drunk and doesn't know his own boundaries. that's not me making an excuse, that's me asking for the right advice with the right facts. But you are right about his lack of respect for me. I told him that he doesn't look good and he's showing me no loyalty.

I'm assuming you're fighting because you've asked him to stop/take down comments/posts, etc. and he's refusing? So in that case your options are...you accept that this is who he is and this is what he does and don't say another thing about it OR decide it's not acceptable and leave over it. You can't force him to stop or delete inappropriate comments so if he's that hell bent on continuing you can only control your response. It's a shame that he's willing to risk your relationship just to have sex talk on FB.

No, it doesn't sound like you're being insecure. I find it highly inappropriate, especially disregarding your reasonable feelings about it and continuing.

He also posts his own stories about women and sex.

Oh hell no, I'd be through with him if this was my husband. Facebook or not, I don't want MY BEDROOM stories posted online by my spouse.

What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. Period. So disrespectful.

No. Just no.

Oh hell no, I'd be through with him if this was my husband. Facebook or not, I don't want MY BEDROOM stories posted online by my spouse.

No. Just no.

He's talking about experiences with other women. This is so degrading.

Hey, Thank You for your reply.

He's not cheating honestly.

He just gets drunk and doesn't know his own boundaries. that's not me making an excuse, that's me asking for the right advice with the right facts. But you are right about his lack of respect for me. I told him that he doesn't look good and he's showing me no loyalty.

Um. Getting drunk and losing his inhibition due to the effect of alcohol on the brain, I get your point: it isn't emotional cheating nor intentional cheating etc

But if he got drunk and had sex because she was willing and he was drunk - is that cheating?

My point is that using alcohol as an explanation IS an excuse. Not saying it is therefore wrong. If you accept certain behaviors because it's all part of the party than no big deal, it isn't cheating.

I would not expect that behavior out of my SO, it would hurt, it would cause me to question what else happens when he is drunk, and i would wonder why his instincts led him to fb sexts. But that's me. If it happened once, and otherwise the intense drinking were unusual, then maybe we would both be regretful of his behavior. If it were part of larger pattern, it would be one more nail in my heart, tbh.

None of us can tell you what cheating is. Everyone has to choose and be responsible for the terms of their own relationships.

He's talking about experiences with other women. This is so degrading.

Uh.. Is the OP sure it's about other women?

Still... Yeah I'm with you. That's really messed up to be sharing that. He ain't no Dr. Phil or Howard Stern.

I especially would not like that he follows women who are strangers in the first place. I chose not to commit to a man who otherwise brings me great pleasure because of his internet persona. It caused me to be grateful for the boundaries between us.

I especially would not like that he follows women who are strangers in the first place. I chose not to commit to a man who otherwise brings me great pleasure because of his internet persona. It caused me to be grateful for the boundaries between us.

Right?! Why does he need to follow other women and share these stories? What is he getting out of this?

This takes creepy to a whole new level. Just wow.

Um. Getting drunk and losing his inhibition due to the effect of alcohol on the brain, I get your point: it isn't emotional cheating nor intentional cheating etc

But if he got drunk and had sex because she was willing and he was drunk - is that cheating?

My point is that using alcohol as an explanation IS an excuse. Not saying it is therefore wrong. If you accept certain behaviors because it's all part of the party than no big deal, it isn't cheating.

I would not expect that behavior out of my SO, it would hurt, it would cause me to question what else happens when he is drunk, and i would wonder why his instincts led him to fb sexts. But that's me. If it happened once, and otherwise the intense drinking were unusual, then maybe we would both be regretful of his behavior. If it were part of larger pattern, it would be one more nail in my heart, tbh.

None of us can tell you what cheating is. Everyone has to choose and be responsible for the terms of their own relationships.

If he was doing it in her presence, then no. But, if he is doing it when alone, then it is cheating.

Uh.. Is the OP sure it's about other women?

Still... Yeah I'm with you. That's really messed up to be sharing that. He ain't no Dr. Phil or Howard Stern.

"He also posts his own stories about women and sex." That's how I interpreted it.

I'm assuming you're fighting because you've asked him to stop/take down comments/posts, etc. and he's refusing? So in that case your options are...you accept that this is who he is and this is what he does and don't say another thing about it OR decide it's not acceptable and leave over it. You can't force him to stop or delete inappropriate comments so if he's that hell bent on continuing you can only control your response. It's a shame that he's willing to risk your relationship just to have sex talk on FB.

No, it doesn't sound like you're being insecure. I find it highly inappropriate, especially disregarding your reasonable feelings about it and continuing.

I did exactly what you said.

I told him I'm not living like that and maybe I need to speak to other men.

I them told him that he either deletes his account or I delete him!!!

No. Just no.

Sorry NO he doesn't post about us or a certain woman. He will write something women like in general.. Not like that's any better I know

I think he has managed to manipulate me into believing that I'm insecure and paranoid.

I guess I just needed reassurance that I'm doing the right thing by walking away.

Hurts like hell. But He obviously has no regards for my feelings.

I stand by what I say about him physically cheating, I know him and he's not as he's depressed and has no confidence but on fb he has like a mask where he's me stud.

Again. I'm only being honest. I'm not sugar coati g it. I'm just being real.

I think he has managed to manipulate me into believing that I'm insecure and paranoid.

I guess I just needed reassurance that I'm doing the right thing by walking away.

Hurts like hell. But He obviously has no regards for my feelings.

I stand by what I say about him physically cheating, I know him and he's not as he's depressed and has no confidence but on fb he has like a mask where he's me stud.

Again. I'm only being honest. I'm not sugar coati g it. I'm just being real.

Too bad it's at your expense.

Archived