How to act if you see your ex bf? Help

Martah97

Tomorrow I need to go to my highschool and I'm probably going to see my ex bf of 2 years, I still like him, not as much as before because I'm moving on and accepted the end. But it's hard, because our break up was bad, really BAD, he never spoke to me again... And I didn't talk to him anymore because of the humiliation I went through. It's been 5 months since that day. So it's going to be really awkward. How should I act if I see him? Should I say hello? Should I ignore him? I'm not a rude person but because off the situation, I really don't know whats the best thing to do... I just hope I don't see him but I probably will. Please, I need advice.

Be polite and nothing more. You don't need to go down memory road, you don't need to engage in what ifs or I'm sorry I hurt yous; you simply acknowledge him if you are in conversation range and move on. If you need to excuse yourself to the bathroom, but no need to be overly talkative nor rude.

It sounds like you are young, so there is naturally a lot more tension around this topic. That awkward moment will pass quicker than you think.

I had an experience two years ago, where I ran into an ex (who I still have a soft spot of 10 years since things ended), I acknowledged her, asked how she was, and then promptly went to the bathroom.

As Coily said.

I had an ex during secondary school... Holy moly. Uncomfortable on times. But hey, you just gotta' walk on by and make out like it's nothing sometimes. Ignoring completely is a show of potential disrespect (as if they deserve your respect right). Just imagine they're someone you're cool with but not best buds at all and just like no words, a smile and a nod is probably acceptable or something idk. That's what I would do. I'm a guy though.

Escape to the bathroom yes if you feel uncomfortable, or pull out your phone and be like " needs to talk, see you around." if conversation does happen.

I walked past my ex the other day in a shop and did I make that uncomfortable? Yes. I didn't know whether to be polite or not so I went emotionless and walked off fast. Then waited outside like a weirdo and looked a little more. Writing that hurts. Don't be me. Lol.

Look like a million bucks, hold your head high, look at him if you see him and just keep walking on by. It was a bad breakup, there is a zero reason to be friendly or say hello. But you don't need to go off and be mean to him either.

A simple, "It's all in the past and beneath me now," attitude. Even if you throw up a little inside and cry in the bathroom afterwards. The first time is a bit of a shock, but then it gets easier when you find the ceiling isn't going to cave in.

If he says hi a small head nod in his direction then keep going by, not even slowing down. You'll look strong even if you don't feel it and in time that will get easier.

Been there, did it, was way too nice way to many times until I got the memo there is no point in going out of your way to acknowledge someone who has hurt you. There's no reason to be a jerk either, but just nothing is the best way to go. And walking down the hallway like you own it and are over it all helps.

Weird I know, but it will make you feel better once you realize you didn't look like a weak person dying for their approval and to say hello to you. Also if you can surround yourself with friends it helps too, but remind yourself you were happy before this person came into your life and it will pass.

I experienced a horrific break up thirteen years ago. It was awkward when I ran into him at Costco, but luckily he went down a different aisle and we never had to make eye contact.

It gets better over time and then soon you will forget about each other so when you do run into the other you just politely go on your way.

Lisa

Archived