I met this girl on Facebook (im 25 and she's 26) she resides in Europe and im in the states. We were friends at first, and one day I messaged her saying that if she ever needed advice in anything life related she can come to me and one day she did. She came to me asking me if she should break up with her boyfriend and I simply said i she should considering what I heard from her.

The next day she called and she was heavily drunk and she kept saying that she liked me and that she loves the way I talk and my principles and values in life. Now to be honest I was attracted to her because she's beautiful, smart and literally one of a kind. We have many things in common

- We are both atheists

- We are both middle eastern

- we Don't believe in procreation

Anyway We both confessed our feelings and things were great. I even told her that I'd come to Europe and visit her and give her the time of her life because long distance is not an issue to me I can come to Europe and back as I please,but a week later she said that she's moving to fast into a new relationship and that she needs to recover from her last relationship.

I didn't want to push or rush so I said I can wait and I told her when she's ready to let me know. I stopped contacting her completely to avoid getting friend zoned. A few days after that she started texting me and I couldn't resist. I texted her back and may have over did it by saying that im still super attracted to her etc.

Anyway im going to fast forward to the present and I stopped texting her cold turkey and she texted me a couple days later saying "what is the problem? Is everything ok?" I simply replied saying "what problem? Everything is perfectly fine". A day later she texted "hi" and I chose to ignore it because a simple "hi" doesn't deserve a response under certain circumstances.Ten hours later she texted "alright then have a good life"

I chose to ignore that as well now its been five days and here are my questions

1. Why or did she say "have a good life" is it because I ignored her "hi" text? And what did she mean by it?

2. How do I approach? To be honest I want to call her and talk to her so badly but then I think to myself. She's willing to shut me out that easily? She could be testing me but I honestly can't tell.

Right now im just waiting to see if she misses my presence in her life because I know for certain she enjoys my company.

Any advice would be appreciated and thank you for your time

Be well

How can you have a fight and break up with someone you've never met in person?

1) Yes it was a hurt retort from being ignored.

2) She may be on/off with her bf...or at the very least...on the rebound.

Call her if you want why play games?

I met this girl on Facebook im 25 and she's 26 she resides in Europe and im in the states. She came to me asking me if she should break up with her boyfriend and I simply said i she should.

The next day she called and she was heavily drunk and she kept saying that she liked me. Now to be honest I was attracted to her because she's beautiful, smart and literally one of a kind.

1. Why or did she say "have a good life" is it because I ignored her "hi" text?

2. How do I approach? To be honest I want to call her and talk to her so badly but then I think to myself. She could be testing me but I honestly can't tell.

Let me make myself perfectly clear....If i'm starting a new relationship...and especially one that I've never even MET the guy...if they would go NC...or cold turkey shut me out....that would be IT! I'd be done. NC is if you've been IN a relationship and it ended and you want to HEAL!

You cutting HER out of your life, this early on, she is only feeling rejected!

Quit playing games. Talking and communication is the only way things can grow...especially if you're not even able to visit each other.

Friendzone? A relationship should START OFF as being friends....just keep it flirty if you don't want to be friendzoned. Let me tell ya, if a person doesn't have romantic feelings for you after awhile, you will be friendzoned no matter what you do.

If you want to talk to her...talk to her. I think you've probably screwed up already.

Men are so stupid...this playing hard to get doesn't work on all women. I WANT to be pursued, and think I'm of value enough that they would want me to know that they are interested.

They cut me off.....I'll cut them off. Who wants it! Quit playing games.

Now...I can say that because that is what i'd do if I wasn't in a relationship.

Getting over someone after many years....NC is a totally different story.

1. Why or did she say "have a good life" is it because I ignored her "hi" text? And what did she mean by it?

2. How do I approach? To be honest I want to call her and talk to her so badly but then I think to myself. She's willing to shut me out that easily? She could be testing me but I honestly can't tell.

She said "have a good life" because you ignored her and she got angry and responded angrily.

If you want to talk to her, then talk to her. You shut her out initially, not the other way around.

By the way, you didn't "meet" her on facebook. You haven't met her, period. You don't enjoy each other's company, because you've never been in each other's company. And you can't possibly be attracted to her—you're attracted to her photos, her fb persona, her voice on the phone, but those things aren't necessarily real.

Either meet her or don't, but stop playing games. She asked if there was a problem when you stopped texting her, and you said no. That was a lie; there was a problem in that you didn't want to be friendzoned. Be honest with people if you want them to respond well to you.

Her reaction to wanting to take things slow considering her circumstances are perfectly justified, especially considering you two hadn't even met yet. She JUST got out of a relationship, she needed to collect herself first. She was obviously still interested because she reached back out to you.

It seemed like you were playing some sort of game with her. Stopped texting her totally and then when she reached out to see why you acted as if it was nothing. She texted you just 'hi' because she didn't know how to approach you, felt like she had been put off and wanted to tread lightly. You totally blowing her off- again- was an indication that you weren't interested. This game you're playing is immature. Of course she would text back something like 'have a good life' it seemed very clear you weren't interested anymore that was her way of saying goodbye, I would have assumed the same thing she did.

It's odd that you think SHE is testing YOU. That is EXACTLY what you have been doing.

1. It seems pretty obvious to me why she said "have a good life". She came to the conclusion that you weren't going to talk to her anymore and she was reacting to it. She was basically saying "fine, goodbye then".

2. She didn't shut you out. You shut her out, remember? She reached out to you and you ignored her. She reacted, you ignored her again. What else is she supposed to do? Why would she keep on contacting you if she thinks she is going to be ignored? She has her dignity to think of.

You don't really know each other. You've never really met. This is too much drama already!!

I have nothing against people meeting online or LDRs but I do wonder what this world is coming to. There seems to be no sense of reality anymore. ((Sigh))

• 3 weeks later...

You should share your emotions and feelings with here as soon as possible. Sometimes delaying to express your emotions works against you. There is no harm in telling her, but you should be well prepared if the response is not in your favor. But rather then staying in confusion and anxiety you must ask her.

Archived