Does my ex girlfriend miss me? Or is she playing games? I'm confused

RobTaylor10

My girlfriend starting dating a guy a month after we broke up. I thought it was a rebound but they've been together 3 months happy. They always take trips and posts pictures together, stuff I wish I could have done with her.

When we broke up, she blocked me on all social media. Yesterday, I noticed she unblocked me on Facebook. She sent me a message asking how I was. I responded and we engaged in small talk. She then told me the real reason she messaged me was to say she was sorry for how everything ended. She said she wrongfully blamed me when it was really hr fault and so on. I told her I messed up too. She said it was all in the past now and wanted to not have an awkward friendship.

I told her I couldn't be friends and I still missed her and had feelings for her. She responded with this:

"I wish I could fix it all. I really do. There's so much you don't know and so much I want to say but I can't. It's too much and its in the past. I'm sorry. I'm here if you need be. Don't be shy"

A part me thought that maybe she still loved me. She wishes she could fix it all. I thought maybe she would want to get back together. I told her I wish I could fix it and I regret losing her and still loved talking to her. She wished me goodnight.

Now all these feelings are rushing in my head. I really desire to know what she said I dont know and what she wants to say. I thought maybe her and her boyfriend were having problems but I saw today on FB they were on a trip and were exchanging love-like comments on the photos.

Why is she doing this? Why did she tell me she wishes she could fix it and leaving me to guess what she needs to say? I love her so much

It seems to me she feels bad and is genuinely sorry for how things ended and just wants to give you proper closure and be friends. Don't read too deep into that interaction, she's moved on and is happy. Don't rack your brain with this one, she said it's in the past and that she can't tell you. I would leave it there.

Don't read anything other then her reaching out to assuage any guilt. If you stop looking at her social media and stop any contact whatsoever, you'll accept that it's over much more quickly and you'll get through the pain all that much more faster.

Don't let her stagnate you in your pain a minute longer. Time to begin your journey down the road to that blissful place called Indifference... that starts with acceptance that it's over.

Man... talk about dangling the carrot. "There's so much you don't know and so much I want to say but I can't." What the hell is that? What can't she say and what/who is stopping her from saying it? Pfft. I mean, what's the point of even bringing it up if you're not going to talk about it?

What I see is someone trying to reconcile past regrets. If you want to try and clear her conscience and provide closure for her that's your prerogative, but if it were me I'd dismiss her comments altogether. I don't think she contacted you because she cares about how you're doing. I think she contacted you to help herself. I'm usually not one to advocate no contact, but in this case I think that's the appropriate action. You're only beating yourself up regurgitating all of these emotions.

People claim they want "closure", but here is a perfect example of how your ex "giving" you "closure" only makes things worse.

You were probably starting to feel a bit better, now you feel bad and are speculating about whether or not she wants you back.

She didn't say she wants you back. "Fix it" means she wishes she hadn't hurt you because it makes her feel bad to remember how she acted. She wants to be "friends" because then she can tell herself you're fine with the breakup, hence relieving any guilt she is feeling.

I'm sorry for your set back.

I officially understand completely why people here say move on now, was in this situation, being friends with someone you're deeply in love with is not possible, it'll take years to make it a thing where you have no feelings if you're lucky, even if you did become friends they'd quickly cut you off for the new love in their life, do you really want that?

also there is a pattern of guys always returning to their exes/ wanting to go back - it seems once a girl is gone their gone for good, they usually always dangle that friend carrot seeing whats up with you card until they find their replacement.

basically im saying alot of the guys here need to grow balls and leave these girls behind, they tossed us away, they need to put in more work then how are you, unless they are begging for you to return and apologizing you need to find the next girl or girls, because as im learning through reading hundreds of replies about relationship...SOME females are stone cold.

probably why there is so much guys out there. lol

I officially understand completely why people here say move on now, was in this situation, being friends with someone you're deeply in love with is not possible, it'll take years to make it a thing where you have no feelings if you're lucky, even if you did become friends they'd quickly cut you off for the new love in their life, do you really want that?

also there is a pattern of guys always returning to their exes/ wanting to go back - it seems once a girl is gone their gone for good, they usually always dangle that friend carrot seeing whats up with you card until they find their replacement.

basically im saying alot of the guys here need to grow balls and leave these girls behind, they tossed us away, they need to put in more work then how are you, unless they are begging for you to return and apologizing you need to find the next girl or girls, because as im learning through reading hundreds of replies about relationship...SOME females are stone cold.

probably why there is so much guys out there. lol

Do yourself a favour: Don't take that jaded view of women you have. There are just as many men who treat women with emotionless abandon as there are women doing it to men. If you keep that jaded wall up, you're going to have a hard time finding yourself in a mutually satisfying union. You do need boundaries (not walls) in place to keep yourself emotionally safe until you are sure you're with a good woman though so be sure to know the difference between good boundaries for yourself and walls that block anyone from getting in.

I did wish her a happy valentines day. No response like I expected. Interesting she didn't post anything with her boyfriend for valentines day. I don't know. Im not playing her games. I just have to go back to NC and if she actually does miss me she will come back

You need to forget about an eventual come back.. The valentines wish was a mistake, any contact on your part is a mistake. You need to heal, holding on won't heal you.

So you think just because she didn't post anything about her boyfriend on Facebook on Valentine's day, that means she wants you back?

You're really reaching here. Maybe they were busy celebrating together instead of clutching their phones in their hands.

You're right...NC is the best. And that includes deleting and blocking her off Facebook.

Interesting she didn't post anything with her boyfriend for valentines day.
That's probably because they're too involved and all wrapped up in one another to stop long enough to add some banal and unimportant shout out on a social media site.

Stop stalking her page. You are holding yourself back from getting over her.

Yes I know. Its just that whenever they do something together, she ALWAYS posts a picture. However, I think he might of been away during this weekend so that's why. I shouldn't be thinking about it. I know shes not coming back and hate that my mind plays tricks on me. Im considering writing her and telling her to block me on everything. I love her and the only way to get over her is to make it seem like she never existed

Contacting her to ask her to block you is an excuse to open up more contact. And she will know that.

She'll also know you're sitting there just waiting for her to deign to text you.

Just block her yourself. And don't stalk her Facebook (or her boyfriend's), that is the same as contact.

Yes I know. Its just that whenever they do something together, she ALWAYS posts a picture. However, I think he might of been away during this weekend so that's why. I shouldn't be thinking about it. I know shes not coming back and hate that my mind plays tricks on me. Im considering writing her and telling her to block me on everything. I love her and the only way to get over her is to make it seem like she never existed

You're focusing on the wrong things Rob. She's not in your life, now you're relegated to checking up on her social media habits. You don't need to contact her at all, you don't need to be checking up on her status updates or recent photos, you know that already. You have to do the blocking and deleting. She is just fine, she doesn't care, you're the one who's heartbroken so you're the one who needs to do the action so you can be at a mental place where you are fine and don't care. You have no reason to contact her, and every reason to not contact her.

You guys are right. Thank you. I just wish she would tell me what exactly it is that I don't know and what she wants to say. Its really annoying

Don't even rack your brain.. She said there's so much she wants to say, then proceeded to say she can't tell you and that it's in the past. She knows what she's doing, she knew it would kill you to think what is this thing she can't tell you. Like the others said it was most likely done to relieve herself of guilt. Don't stay caught up on that, focus on you. She's gone, not coming back. That's the only thing you need to be telling yourself as far as things go with her

You realize you can block her, don't you? I mean, if you know her social media patterns with her boyfriend, you aren't in No Contact -- you're just basically eating glass. Stop monitoring that crap and block her yourself. Stop torturing yourself.

True. she actually blocked me on facebook again just a couple minutes ago lol

So you tried to look at her Facebook again? Because that's the only way you'd know she blocked you.

Block her back and be done with it. Then you can start thinking about other, more important things.

Archived