Giving Gifts to A Man I'm Seeing

BluFish

So I have bee seeing a great guy for several weeks. We act like a couple, but haven’t actually solidified it yet. Next week he and his friends are going to a bachelor party in Nashville. One of the nights, they’ve decided to all dress up as different characters and take the groom-to-be out. The guy I’m seeing has picked a farmer and has gone all out. He keeps sending me pictures of his outfit and asking for my opinion. It’s all in good fun and I don’t mind. This past weekend, I was shopping at an antique store with some friends when I saw a cork pipe. It was priced at $5 so I bought it thinking it would be a fun addition to his outfit. I see him in a few days and I’m thinking of giving it to him. Now I’m hesitating. I’m a little worried the act of giving this man a gift (who is not my bf) may look forward. Granted, it’s a gag gift, but I’ve heard giving gifts to men too early in the relationship can be a deterrent. Thoughts?

i think it's awesome actually. it's not pricey so it won't come off as pushy, it's a gag gift and men dig gags, it'll be a fun piece to keep as a memento and it shows you thought of him but in a "i'm cool" kinda way rather than a creepy "hey i just met you and this is crazy but make me a baby maybe" kinda way.

chill

Normally I'm against giving men gifts early but in this case I definitely support it.

It will make you look unbelievably cool, but that's not why you did it.

Men love it when women think of them, as long as it's not in a needy insecure way where they are expecting something in return.

His friends will all ask about it and will be blown away that a woman bought him something in support of a bachelor party.

Also, you say he's not your boyfriend, but if he's constantly sending you pictures and asking your opinion he is certainly ACTING like one.

I think you should give it to him...tell him you found the finishing touch for his outfit. Its not like you are giving him a ring, a large box of candies that say "Forever Yours,". This is something a friend or an acquaintance would even do. So go with the flow. And relax! His buddies will think you are awesome. It might put you well on the way to becoming his girlfriend

I think its fine to give him that pipe. It is a gag gift and funny to boot.

My BF gave me flowers twice and a box of chocolates within the first 2 months. He bought my dog a toy too. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. I have given him a birthday present which was a tshirt he wanted and box of his favorite candy. On just a whim I gave him a bag of peanuts with my favorite baseball teams name on the front. That was a gag gift and a running joke between us.

I have not yet given him a card though. My birthday is coming so Im curious what he will do, maybe nothing but who knows.

Have fun with this and stop over thinking it!

Archived