Texting a girlfriend/boyfriend

Iwantittoend

Erm my boyfriend usually texts to say goodmorning how are you? in the morning, a couple of texts in the day to let me know hes thinking of me, how works going. I reply. then we generally see eachother in the evening and he texts me to let me know he gets home safe and to say goodnight.

Have you been together long? it should be quite hard to run out of stuff to chat about. Talk about your day, thoughts, dreams, hobbies etc?

My bf & I probably send 2-3 texts a day to each other, saying thing like good morning, I made it to work ok, miss you, questions about things that need to get done, annoying things at work...

We used to text more before we lived together & when we were LDR. Probably sent like 10-15 texts each per day then! Conversation just kinda flows naturally after you've been together a while.

Depends on the day and what we are doing.

Some days we text heavily, including our good night.

And other days we may not speak till night time on the phone.

If you're doing the bulk of your conversing via text, then back off a little, especially if you find that you're having issues with verbally talking.

Some times too much of a good thing, isn't good.

i'd advise cutting down on texts like that, i personally like to really look forward to seeing my boyfriend and telling him funny things/stuff that happened etc not send repeated mudane texts, you dont need them to hear what you ate for lunch or what youre doing every five minutes.

I'd sometimes text him a few times a day if something had happened he'd find amusing/interesting or i wanted to make plans and didnt have time to call but other days none at all...i'd be wary of getting into habits as they can drain the excitement out of relationships. Save things up to tell them later, much more fun.

Erm my boyfriend usually texts to say goodmorning how are you? in the morning, a couple of texts in the day to let me know hes thinking of me, how works going. I reply. then we generally see eachother in the evening and he texts me to let me know he gets home safe and to say goodnight.

Have you been together long? it should be quite hard to run out of stuff to chat about. Talk about your day, thoughts, dreams, hobbies etc?

We've been together officially for two weeks, and known each other for like a month. I think it's mostly just a problem on my end because I'm so terrible at keeping conversation. Usually when there's silence I'll go in and kiss her but you can't do that on the phone.

i'd advise cutting down on texts like that, i personally like to really look forward to seeing my boyfriend and telling him funny things/stuff that happened etc not send repeated mudane texts, you dont need them to hear what you ate for lunch or what youre doing every five minutes.

I'd sometimes text him a few times a day if something had happened he'd find amusing/interesting or i wanted to make plans and didnt have time to call but other days none at all...i'd be wary of getting into habits as they can drain the excitement out of relationships. Save things up to tell them later, much more fun.

Great advice. I got caught in the text trap with an ex once. Thought it would make her happy, so would send a daily flirt via text. Next thing you know, she is sending me over 900 texts per month (no lie, I counted them), and though I was only responding to every third or fourth one, it was still a drain, and contributed to our demise.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived