would you date a stripper?

shiminimo

I met this girl a few nights ago, I really like her but she's a stripper. I never went to the place where she works and she doesn't want me to. She thinks it will cause problems and make me not like her. She wants me to like her for her and not for what she does. She's a nice girl I like her alot, but I'm really curious to see what she does at work. I don't want to make her mad by going there but I think I should get a look at what I might be getting myself into. Should I stay away from her work place like she asked, or should I go get a look for myself?

Well, I think you should stay away like she asked...why do you need to SEE what she does, you know what she does...you hardly need to go see her to know she takes off her clothes. She is probably uncomfortable with a guy she likes for a relationship seeing her naked before she gets intimate with him and making judgements about who she is. I know, she lets strangers see her, but someone she likes might be a different story.

Now that in mind, I would be careful dating her. Would you be that comfortable with your girlfriend stripping...honestly? I am sure she is a "nice girl" but can you really not be jealous or suspicious of her lifestyle?

I would take time to get to know her (and not by going to her workplace to check her out!) and find out who she really is....some but not all strippers have other issues too you may want to be careful/stay away from.

dont invade her privacy stay away from her work but yea u could get close to her then eventually ask her why she doesnt want you to see her at work i dont see anything wrong with dating a stripper she just has a good job that some ppl think is wrong but it isnt everyone has seen a tit or two nothing new so dont worry about the stripper part but dont invade her privacy

If you really must, ask a friend to spy on her activities.

Why? I would think that it's pretty common-knowledge what a stripper does at work. No offence.

Depending on where you live, she probably gets up on stage about 2-4 times per night and does "dances" where she takes most (or most likely ALL) of her clothes off. Between dances, most of the girls walk around the club, having drinks with customers and giving lap-dances. Again, it will depend on where you live as the laws are different, but she most likely spends most of the night socializing with customers and walking around in some type of sexy lingere (or topless). If you don't like the idea of having strange men pawing at your girlfriend regularly, don't even think about going there. People will tell you that "you can't touch", but I KNOW plenty of men at least try. It's good not to be naive about a situation like this, you won't be dating a normal girl with a widely respected profession.

I've had friends who have dated strippers. I'm not going to lie to you, most strippers I've known interact with customers on a very regular basis. It's never "just stripping". They don't go and read books between their dancing. If you're jealous or insecure (I mean AT ALL), you're in for a bumpy ride. Plus, get used to lying to your family since I doubt that they will respect her if you tell the truth (my mom certainly wouldn't).

I've gone to school with girls who supported themselves with stripping. They came out of their jobs hating the world. And then I've met strippers who were arrested for solicitation and prostitution. What type of stripper is she? Is she into the sex industry because she loves it? Or because it't the only way she knows? Or is it just a temporary means to an end. I would find out all about her and her life before I passed judgement. There are so many possibilities...some not too awful, but some lousy.

• 12 years later...

Hi there, speaking from experience as working as a stripper I can tell you there is some genuine girls that are honest and just simply earning money to support themselves without soliciting or being up to know good. I know this because I'm the girl that's normal. Although alot of my friends within the stripping world have problems such as depression and anxiety etc. However you do get some downright filthy girls, the club's are renowned for it, which gives both the club's and the genuine girls a bad name. We are normal people!!

Hi there, speaking from experience as working as a stripper I can tell you there is some genuine girls that are honest and just simply earning money to support themselves without soliciting or being up to know good. I know this because I'm the girl that's normal. Although alot of my friends within the stripping world have problems such as depression and anxiety etc. However you do get some downright filthy girls, the club's are renowned for it, which gives both the club's and the genuine girls a bad name. We are normal people!!

This thread is 12 years old...

Archived