When did you first show?

caro33

I think generally after the 4th month it begins to show, and after the 6th month it is almost undeniable. But it depends how small the girl is. I know a girl who was popping after just 3 months because she only weighed 90 pounds. Because asian women are smaller, they usually show sooner.

When I got pregnant I didn't really start showing til around 25 weeks and I "popped out" when I was around 28-29 weeks.. Usually people refer to "popping out" when you all of a sudden look pregnant, like you go to bed with a small tummy and wake up the next morning looking pregnant with a big ole pregnant belly. That's the best way I can think of describing it. It's different for everyone though, my friend who is almost 200lbs pre-pregnancy she is almost 8 months and is just now starting to look pregnant.

I used to be a smaller person but put on 5 kilos or so before falling pregnant. Not sure what I qualified as to start with now, probably a "curvy" small person. I'm 8 weeks now and have thickened in the waist and put on maybe 1 - 1.5 kilos. I used to have small waist even after my previous weight gain so I guess I'm noticing this more. I am also retaining a fair amount of fluid.

I haven't told work yet but am wondering if it's starting to get obvious - my body shape has definitely changed, in my eyes at least. I guess my pale, permanently nauseated look and the lack of 5 bottles or so of Diet Coke on my desk might be a sign to my co-workers also!

Alot of that could be put on the water retention and body changes and of course you're going to notice alot smaller changes than anyone else because we are our biggest critics when it comes to weight gain and our bodies so we notice the smallest bit of changes. I agree though, the pale and all the time nauseated look might give something away. LOL and the flu excuse only lasts so long (I tried that in school)

I personally just felt like you in my first trimester, I felt like I was showing but no one else, not even my husband seemed to think so!

He could tell at around 20 weeks and other people could tell at that time too, but only when I wore my little black stretchy dress to the Christmas party. Even up until about 3 weeks ago people would be surprised if I told them I was pregnant, unless you really knew what my body looked like before. But just recently, I have popped. I think I can officially say that I popped the day by button popped out.

The popping out thing is crazy. Look at what I looked like at 4 weeks ago vs 2 week ago

Thanks caro,

It helps us all get through this when people tell us that I think. So thank u

And btw I doubt ppl at your work will think you are pregnant. They might think you're gaining weight, but thats about it. Only some older women you work with might suspect you are pregnant as you still seem to be dealing with the morning sickness.

Yes, I think you're probably right scarew. I know that personally I never really pay that much attention to people's bodies at work. If I do notice what they look like and think I see a change I tend to just assume I never noticed they were chunky/thin/whatever in the first place.

I started showing as early as 8 weeks. By 12 weeks I officially popped. I'm carrying high so it's more noticeable. I also did not have any kind of tummy before getting pregnant.

I hid it at work for a while but now everyone knows (I'm 4.5 months) there's no hiding it now.....

Some co-workers said that they suspected I was pregnant back in December! (Some are more intuitive than others I guess)

BellaDonna

I'm not sure what "popping out" means, but could it refer to the navel? The left side of my belly button has popped out, but not the right side! lol

That's exactly how mine is!!! HAHAHA But it's just a little tiny bit of skin that sticks out about an eighth of an inch.

I started really looking pregnant at about 28 weeks. But even then, the bump extended not much further than my boobs. Now, my bump goes out past the boobs and I just feel like I'm carrying two gallons of water down there. It's so heavy it hurts to walk for long periods of time. Anyway, I look forward to the delivery because... I'm in for a rude awakening when I look in the mirror and see what I've gained (minus baby and fluid baby home)

Mine doesn't feel heavy. I keep running around and jumping around - skipping over blocks of ice in the street and acting like a little kid. Apparently it's supposed to help him come out faster.

I thought I'd be practically handicapped at 38 weeks. Is it normal that I can run and jump like this?

If you're having fun and feeling good- that's all that matters.

I guess. But I'm so ready to get him/her out of me. It feels like he's so big in there - expanding in all directions at an exponential rate. Last night I was doing everything I could to get him out. I used this lavender aromatherapy that you're not supposed to use in your third trimester because it could induce labor. I ate really spicy food, stomped around the apartment, and had sex. The little bugger still didn't come out.

Mine doesn't feel heavy. I keep running around and jumping around - skipping over blocks of ice in the street and acting like a little kid. Apparently it's supposed to help him come out faster.

I thought I'd be practically handicapped at 38 weeks. Is it normal that I can run and jump like this?

Man, you are so lucky! I jacked my lower abs up by doing lunges during the new year week and ever since then, it's just been painful! I can't even walk fast through the grocery store. And my belly kinda resembles yours.... no clue.

There's simply no way I'm going to be able to squeeze into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes when I push this baby out. It's just going to be a rude awakening. I always thought I would not be the type to gain so much weight in pregnancy. I guess I've gained about 35-40 pounds and with about 5 weeks to go, I may gain some more. But, all in all, I've seen worse. Very tired and lethargic now, possibly even slightly depressed.