After hearing the health benefits of spending time in a sauna I would like to try it soon. The problem is that the only saunas available where I am are unisex and there exists my problem: fear of getting a boner in a sauna filled with women.

To those who frequent saunas what are your experiences? I would be terribly embarrassed if it occurred to me. How can I 'keep it in check?' as it were?

I had to laugh at this, I think guys have had similar fears at different points in their life.

Anyhow, the anxiety you get from fearing you will get an erection will probably stop you from getting one in the first place. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I love the sauna. One of the first things I do is scan the room. Men? Ok, good.

My eyes zoom in straight to crotch level to check out the goods.

Boners?

Ok, good.

I still look fine even with sweat pouring and red nose and feeling like I might pass out.

I guess you'd have to had experienced what it is like to be a girl in a bathing suit to know just how little us womens are thinking of anything much more than "Do I look fat with my thigh squished against the seat?"

"Is my belly doing rolly polly olly when I sit like this?"

"Oh man, what if I fart in here?"

"I'm thirsty. I'm hot."

You get the idea.

Thanks, though, 'cause I hadn't thought that guys could be feeling self conscious in there too.

In all honesty, most saunas are small and do not fit a lot of people. On your first trip(s), you could go with a buddy or two. When the sauna is not busy or filled with gorgeous girls (count yourself lucky if it happens that it is filled with gorgeous girls .

Most of the time, it is just regular people. So most of the time, it won't even be an issue.

I had to laugh at this, I think guys have had similar fears at different points in their life.

Anyhow, the anxiety you get from fearing you will get an erection will probably stop you from getting one in the first place. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'd never thought of that. Hope the anxiety won't lead to another problem - a 'shrinker'.

I love the sauna. One of the first things I do is scan the room. Men? Ok, good.

My eyes zoom in straight to crotch level to check out the goods.

Boners?

Ok, good.

I still look fine even with sweat pouring and red nose and feeling like I might pass out.

I guess you'd have to had experienced what it is like to be a girl in a bathing suit to know just how little us womens are thinking of anything much more than "Do I look fat with my thigh squished against the seat?"

"Is my belly doing rolly polly olly when I sit like this?"

"Oh man, what if I fart in here?"

"I'm thirsty. I'm hot."

You get the idea.

Thanks, though, 'cause I hadn't thought that guys could be feeling self conscious in there too.

In all honesty, most saunas are small and do not fit a lot of people. On your first trip(s), you could go with a buddy or two. When the sauna is not busy or filled with gorgeous girls (count yourself lucky if it happens that it is filled with gorgeous girls .

Most of the time, it is just regular people. So most of the time, it won't even be an issue.

Taking a buddy sounds like a great idea. I'll certainly do that.

A.) Relieve any sexual tension before you go.

B.) Take your mother or grandmother with you.

BellaDonna

LOL, I almost choked on a sausage when I read that one BellaDonnaimage removed. Taking grandma would certainly kill all the sexual tension - but she might get cardiac arrest because she's very conservative and and does not believe in 'showing flesh'.

Most saunas that I've been to are separate for men and women. What might be more embarrassing is being in a sauna full of men and getting a boner!

Not a chance. Absolutely not turned on by men. In any case the saunas are strictly unisex.

Have a masty before you go...

Hmm, wouldn't do much good. I'd still 'get up' .

And your towel down around your ankles with everyone going, "Yep, there's your problem!"

Lol, too funny!

Thanks all for your advise so far!