No, actually, women with large breasts often have poor posture and bad spines. It is very important for a woman who is carrying a big load to do regular sit-ups and stretches to strengthen her abdominal and back muscles. A woman's body goes through alot over her lifetime and it would be awesome if they just naturally adjusted and everything was peachy. Unfortunately, that just doesn't happen.

Sorry, but you don't just always "adjust" to them, unless by adjust you mean develop bad posture, back pain, and great discomfort.

If you breasts are very large, they can be painful not only in terms of running/activities, but they affect your spine, your posture, how you can sleep....never mind the difficulties in finding a bra that is supportive and reduces the pain. There is a lot of medical evidence to show that large breasts are a pain, literally and that breast reductions in these cases reduce the pain dramatically. I know three women personally whom have had reductions and literally felt a weight had been lifted of their backs and shoulders.

Applepie, I know exactly how you feel--I'm a 34DDD and it SUCKS! The comments people give... as if i dont KNOW they're huge and completely out of proportion with the rest of my body.

Going off the pill really made that much of a difference? Hmm, maybe I should look into another BC method...

It did make a huge difference for me. It might not be the case for everyone though. I know plenty of people who are on the pill and they are flat as a board. It just had no effect on them. I have no idea why it effected me so severely considering my weight remained fairly constant. It is entirely possible that you just genetically have larger breasts. I don't think this is the case for me because my mum's a 34B and all the other women in my family are flat!

i'm a 36 DD & i know your gf's pain very well! when i work out, i wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. also, the quality of bra a girl wears on a normal day can also make her appear smaller. i always wanted to wear the cute bras but one day i ran out of laundry so i wore a "granny bra". i ran into an old guy friend who immediately asked if i had gotten a reduction.

also, i work for an insurance company & most insurances will pay for reduction as long as you can prove medical necessity. one rumor i heard is that as long as you go down at least 2 cups sizes its covered.

I still think its a shame to reduce such beautiful, God-given assets- especially if its done for aesthetic reasons. As one contributor said, maybe its justified in the forties when one has had kids and breastfed them. At that stage, coupled with menopause, the bones in the spinal region are likely to be getting weak and reducing the load on the back by having a reduction might then be justified (IMO).