Do you want me to call?

felix12

Ok, been lurking around here for a while, need some advice from women who go to bars/pubs...

The whole pub scene is a new to me - had a great girlfriend through university (who also didn't drink) and we never went to these sort of places. Sure, I've been to local sports bars with friends, but never the sort of classier places with 40-50% women where younger people go to socialize/meet. Now I'm a young guy in a huge city, don't know anybody so it seems the first step is to go out and try new things...

So I can go to one of these places, approach and converse fine with anyone, including women. We usually part ways with an exchange of phone #s or emails.

Now, my question is - how much does someone actually want you to call them the next day - ladies, if you're in a bar, chat with a guy for 30-45 minutes and give him your phone number, do you really want him to call, or are you just drunk/happy caught in the moment, etc?

Any response is much appreciated, I'm confused and need advice!

In my experience (myself and friends) girls don't hand out a number for the sake of it - it's cause she wants you to call. She is giving you free right to call at your convenience... If she didn't want to hear from you again she'd have asked for your number - and never called!

I will be honest, I have been known to give a fake number a few times just to get the guy to leave me alone. But don't let that scare you away, usually if they give you their number they want you to call. I know I don't tend to talk to a guy for 45 minutes without being interested.

talking that long, i'd say try and call that night. might get somewhere. women never talk to me that long and don't have some other motive for it. it's not a brush off. i'd try the next night if she said.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

leave a day not to be seen as desperate. but not too long that she'll think you're not interested.

you don't sound like the club is really your scene. you also have to think what type of girl you want. the type of girl i'm after is probably not at a club. so i find it god to get involved in lots of interesting hobbies where there will be more chance of meeting the type of girl i'm interested in.

there is not type of 'club' girl that is bad or good. good women make a venture out on the town as well.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

Lets face it, if you meet a woman in such a setting, chances are high that she's been hit on by at least ten other guys that day. Now if you take more than a day to call her you might have to do a lot of awkward explaining over the phone just to get her to remember you. I'd suggest that you call the next morning. That way she'll remember you.