Did she cheat/now pregnant? G/f having breast soreness at almost 23 years old

Title says it all.

My girlfriend is almost 23...and is experiencing breast soreness. Her period isn't due for 2 weeks . She had her last one 2 weeks ago.

Is there ANY other reason she would have breast soreness (and growth) for the past 4 days? She claims that her cup size has increased at LEAST one size, maybe two. (I haven't seen her in the last week, so I can't tell).

I'm afraid she cheated (but could never say that). We have only had sex one time in the last two months...and it was with protection.

Again, do Non-pregnant women in their early 20's experience breast soreness/growth for reasons other than being pregnant? Thanks.

We have only had sex one time in the last two months...and it was with protection

Protection isn't perfect. IF she's pregnant (which it is a little early to tell for sure) then it could indeed be yours.

There could be other reasons for breast tenderness. As BeStrongBeHappy said hormones, growth, allergies, and even illness can cause it.

Since she hasn't missed a period, I don't suggest a pregnancy test. Wait until she misses a period, and then test. The pregnancy tests aren't really very accurate until then (despite what they say on TV).

yes, it's possible... hormone changes, allergy to perfumes, detergents, rash, etc.

growth can be hormones too, but if its really a lot, she should take a home pregnancy test now, and again in a couple weeks...

I see what you're saying, but do 22/23 year old girls/women grow breasts if the last time they grew was at age 16 (what she told me)?

Protection isn't perfect. IF she's pregnant (which it is a little early to tell for sure) then it could indeed be yours.

There could be other reasons for breast tenderness. As BeStrongBeHappy said hormones, growth, allergies, and even illness can cause it.

Since she hasn't missed a period, I don't suggest a pregnancy test. Wait until she misses a period, and then test. The pregnancy tests aren't really very accurate until then (despite what they say on TV).

I'm not saying it "can't" be mine. I'm just saying it seems very unlikely that one sex act in 2 months WITH protection would get her pregnant.

And yea, she hasn't missed a period. In fact, the time we had sex was 3 weeks before she had her last period (been quite a while). She is insistent on taking a test though.

Did she recently start taking birth control pills? I know when I started mine (Yasmin), my breasts increased about a cup size.

No birth control.

Speaking of birth control, do all women gain weight from birth control? My girlfriend refuses to go on it because she does not want to gain weight. I've been trying to get her on it for about a year now, and she refuses.

You know, it all depends on the brand... my doctor told me it's very unlikely you'll gain a significant amount of weight JUST from going on birth control. She said if you do gain weight, it's likely to be in your breast region.

When I went on it, I don't recall gaining weight... except, of course, my breasts grew

You know, it all depends on the brand... my doctor told me it's very unlikely you'll gain a significant amount of weight JUST from going on birth control. She said if you do gain weight, it's likely to be in your breast region.

When I went on it, I don't recall gaining weight... except, of course, my breasts grew

Thanks for the info.

She has this "thing" in her head that she'll gain 5-10 pounds. I'm not sure where it's come from...unless it's just a reason to not go on it.

5-10lbs is actually normal with certain birth controls especially the Depo injection.. but ask her, would she rather gain a few pounds from birth control or from pregnancy.Thats how I always look at it.

When Iwas on depo I gained 15lbs from water retention and it just screwed my body up but thats very rare since ive been on Yaz I haven't had any weight gain though.

Maybe you should think about why the first thing you thought of was that she cheated on you...

Do you have any reasons other than her breasts being sore to think this? Sounds like quite a jump...

Thats what I was thinking..

Its very wrong to automatically assume your gf cheated just because her breasts are sore?? And even if she is pregnant, as anothe rposter said protection isn't 100% and a female can have her period during pregnancy.

Her breast could be changing from hormones of her period getting close there are so many other reasons.. why do you automatically assume she cheated and got pregnant?

Maybe you should think about why the first thing you thought of was that she cheated on you...

Do you have any reasons other than her breasts being sore to think this? Sounds like quite a jump...

Thats what I was thinking..

Its very wrong to automatically assume your gf cheated just because her breasts are sore?? And even if she is pregnant, as anothe rposter said protection isn't 100% and a female can have her period during pregnancy.

Her breast could be changing from hormones of her period getting close there are so many other reasons.. why do you automatically assume she cheated and got pregnant?

That is my assumption because sex is a very rare occurrence. That..and the fact that her group of guys friends all would like to sleep with her...and I know she finds them attractive and she is also very flirty. I just mentioned the cheating thing as a possibility...not a probability.

As for breasts changing because of the period getting close...it's not for another 2 weeks...her breasts usually don't get sore until 2-3 days before..quite a jump.

Can you guys name some more reasons for me as to why they would be sore? It would give me and her a piece of mind. Thanks.

Her period could come at any time.. and a female starts ovulating BEFORE she starts bleeding so yes even up to 2 weeks before her period should come her body is going through changes. There are many many hormonal reasons her breast could be sore right now. Her body could just be going through many many changes, yes females bodies do continue going through this into their 20s and will the rest of their life it doesnt all of a sudden just stop once one turns a certain age. Dont jump to such conclusions. even if sex is a rarity all it takes is one time my friend. QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT! we've told you everything it could be and unless she is seen and told one specific thing by a doctor noone on here can say why.