Meeting girls in college

When I was in college (mid 1980s) I met guys at various dorm parties and at the "ride board" which was a bulletin board (no internet back then!) where people posted messages (that is hard copy paper messages!) if they needed a ride back home for the holiday weekend or could offer a ride).

Another way is to join clubs and activities where you work on projects together.

friends of friends is the way I've managed to meet most girls here at school... however there is another way!!

this might sound shallow (because it probably is) but the first day of class i always try to find the cutest girl to sit next to, and eventually I will just have a conversation at some point. And since I'm bad at studying alone, i usually ask them if they want to go to the library or something to study for a test.... they say "sure" we exchange phone numbers, and there ya go... a girl!!!!

friends of friends is the way I've managed to meet most girls here at school... however this another way!!

this might sound shallow (because it probably is) but the first day of class i always try to find the cutest girl to sit next to, and eventually I will just have a conversation at some point. And since I'm bad at studying alone, i usually ask them if they want to go to the library or something to study for a test.... they say "sure" we exchange phone numbers, and there ya go... a girl!!!!

haha i was thinking of trying that..but maybe just with any girl at anytime..doesnt have to be at beginning of class

but it seems like clubs are the way to go thanks for help

I mean, it really does depend what you're looking for. But interest clubs give you an excuse to be interested in something you like while looking for a girl who shares the same interest.

I didn't meet a girl I'm that interested in, but my friend and I went to a pro-christian presentation recently even though we formed a secular club at my university. My friend was given a minute or so to speak and he talked about the importance of religious and cultural dialogue and dozens of people came to shake his hand, even though he was openly secular.

If he was looking for a girl, Im sure he would've been able to find one. A little can really go a long way. Just get yourself out there and don't be afraid to speak! I think we're way too hard on ourselves.

friends of friends is the way I've managed to meet most girls here at school... however there is another way!!

I make a point to do that in every class. Last semester the cutest girl ended up coming to me and she asked me out on a date.

I meet tons of women in college. Take some Early Childhood Development courses. Those classes are usually all women.

I meet tons of women in college. Take some Early Childhood Development courses. Those classes are usually all women.

I tried doing that actually. Hahah. I thought it would be a great way to meet girls my age at school.

Unfortunately, the system wouldn't let me register. I was really mad. I still am, in some ways. I guess it conflicts with my major or something. I dunno.

I think you should choose your classes based on your academic interests... the best way to meet girls in college is through friends and through clubs...

I think meeting girls in class (and going with the sole purpose of meeting girls) is a little shady (to say the least.)

Join clubs and meet them through friends also having access to drugs and alcohol and being generous with these things will make you popular with ladies....

Why didn't anyone suggest joining a frat? If your gonna take classes to meet girls thats not a far cry from joining a frat..

personally, i'm always in the library b/c i love to study (weird, i know) but i would love it if a guy in the library, who may also show some interest in studying, had started talking to me. if that seems a little strange, then i would go with your classes, maybe skip a class if you can and then ask a girl you kinda have your eye on if you could borrow her notes. that way you can get her name, email and phone # to return them to her!

Ok this is coming from a girl who works in a college library, and met and dated 2 people who asked her out while working in the library. The library is the place to meet people. Not everyone is studying here. We have lots of people who come just to check their e-mail, my space, or facebook. Plus if you think the girl behind the counter is cute, ask how to find a book.

I do think though that is possible to meet people anywhere, but I tend to be more interested in someone if they are doing things I like to do, e.g. checking out books, scanning the shelves in the library or a bookstore.

Ok this is coming from a girl who works in a college library, and met and dated 2 people who asked her out while working in the library. The library is the place to meet people. Not everyone is studying here. We have lots of people who come just to check their e-mail, my space, or facebook. Plus if you think the girl behind the counter is cute, ask how to find a book.

I do think though that is possible to meet people anywhere, but I tend to be more interested in someone if they are doing things I like to do, e.g. checking out books, scanning the shelves in the library or a bookstore.

How can the library be a good place to meet people if you can't even talk? lol

Serious question.

my friend said something interesting the other day and it went something like this: "College is full of so many girls, just realize that anywhere on college campus is a good place to strike up a conversation with a gal. they are EVERYWHERE! and if you get rejected, oh well, just try another gal. ur bound to find girls around every corner that grab your attention." something to ponder on and really helped me muster up the courage to ask a girl out today.

good luck man!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running into the same issues of having problems meeting girls at college. However, let me share something with you.

Last semester I was studying at the library, and at the table next to me was a very cute girl. I was trying to think of something clever or funny to say, but I couldn't think of anything and eventually she left. Disappointed in myself, I went back to my dorm and asked a knowledgeable friend how I should have gone about it. Here's what he said: "Just get up, stretch, and yawn. Do it naturally, but in a way that will hopefully get her to notice you. If she does, ask her what she's studying."

I actually haven't had a chance to try this out, but I thought it was worth sharing.