Does religion matter to many girls?

It's impossible to answer questions like this. It is the usual response, for some people it will be a high priority, for others it won;t be an issue at all and there will be people in between.

My guess is that where you are talking about christianity, nowadays not too many people would be concerned whether that meant catholic or protestant etc etc. But the differences may become bigger barriers if you are talking about muslim to christianity or hindu to muslim etc etc.

Does religion matter to many girls..Lets say a girl has a different religion than the guy, do many take it seriously or do most not think about it to much?

I'm not sure you can generalise! It would depend on how religious each of them was, their connections to the religious community/family, and the differences between the two religions, wouldn't it?

I imagine that the more the girl identifies with the religion as a culture, and the more she wants to keep within that culture, the more it will be an issue. It will be an issue particularly if the guy's religion/culture clashes with hers.

My girlfriend is Jewish.

Her and her family don't mind at all that I'm not. (I'm sure they'd prefer I was, but it doesn't matter to them, it's just from a convenience point of view, but generally speaking love wasn't designed to be convenient.)

There are more strict families.

For example a girl (who was also Jewish) liked me last year, but simply said we couldn't be together because I wasn't Jewish.

Hmm, now that I look back on things, almost all the girls I attract are Jewish.

By birth I'm half-Christian, half-Jewish. By choice, (and intellect *jk*) I'm atheist.

My current SO is Jewish by birth, and atheist by choice as well. He is the first atheist I've ever had the pleasure of dating. At this point, I'm not sure I could go back, wait that's a lie, perhaps I could see myself dating an agnostic.

I think it will matter to many. On the one hand, you have the fundamentalist advocate of their faith, and on their other, you have the fundamentalist advocate of their atheism. To either, finding someone to share their beliefs with will be important.

I suppose the ones who might not care would be the ones that are in the middle on what they believe. They probably would not mind much either way, I'd think.

It depends on how religious she is.

Myself, I am an atheist. I naturally prefer someone who is an atheist himself, but I am open to those who casually follow a religion. I would not be compatible with someone who is very religious simply because my morality would differ from theirs (gay marriage, abortion, birth control, organ donation, etc), and I have no intention of joining any organized religion.

I tend to be most attracted to atheists. I might be able to handle being with someone who believes in god, but not someone who goes to church, prays or preaches. I could also see some serious problems with raising a family if my SO was religious, so I wouldn't even go there.

Does religion matter to many girls..Lets say a girl has a different religion than the guy, do many take it seriously or do most not think about it to much?

I wouldn't date someone of a different religion because I only date men I would potentially marry and I would not marry someone of a different religion, for religious reasons as well as other reasons.

I come from a Christian family and consider myself of Christian faith also. My SO is Atheist. However, he respects my beliefs so much.

I don't go to church and am open to most of things but, I won't support gay marriage or abortion. Those are really the only two things I'm against.

I still go out and party and swear and am greedy and am occasionally self-involved. But I do have the fundamental morals and principals. I still pray to God. And sometimes my Atheist SO will pray with me.

I love him so much.