Suicide tips?

Hi there,

Huge advances are being made in the treatment of HIV and AIDs all the time; I know a few people who are HIV positive, and they live full and enjoyable lives. The stigma has definitely changed, and the treatments are so good these days, especially in the western world.

How are your family/friends supporting you? I just feel that your feelings are *totally* understandable, but I wish that I could put you in touch with people who are living rich and successful lives with HIV, to get you to see that there are alternatives.

I found out I was HIV positive a few months ago and it's completely shattered my world. I don't want to deal with this, and suicide seems to be the only way out.

Hey Kyle,

I am very sorry you had this news. I can understand your feelings of wanting to end your life, but I am also sure that you will be able to live a normal and happy life-- also when you have hiv.

You don't want to deal with it, but you're gonna have to. There is no choice there. Suicide is one very very definite way of dealing with it. You are healthy now and you can stay healthy ALL of your life. Get treatment and find support of those who are in the same boat- believe me there are more people than you think who are positive.

Arwen

In my time working in the medical field out of the thousands of attempts using pills I've been too I've not seen a single successful attempt. It's a rubbish method. In fact, no method is 100% successful so I wouldn't bother. Instead I'd advise just facing up to what's happened and deal with it.

Counselling, medications, all that jazz. It won't go away.....but it can be controlled for a loooong time.

I think I'm just gonna buy a gun. God bless the USA.

And what areyou gonna do if you shoot yourself and survive, you're gonna be disfigured and possibly paralyzed. So choose, would you rather live the rest of your life with AIDS happily and somewhat healthy thanks to modern day medicine or would you rather take the cowards way out and possibly make your life worse?

( This happened to a friend of mines father, he shot himself twice and survived both so now his face is difigured and he is paralyzed from shooting him self in the chest the second time)

i have thought about suicide many times, but you know I realized only cowards carry through and I, as well as you are much more than that. Nothing is worth dying over, even though you have AIDS you can still move on with your life and live a healthy productive life. If you're worried about being alone, there millions of sites out there for people living with AIDS even dating sites. Nothing is hopeless if you don't let it get that way.

If you ever want to talk outside of posting please PM Me

Looks like every won't you to deal with your life and a slim chance of death and not what you seek death with a slim chance of life. You can rebiuld your life, step by step the 1st one is knowledge find out every thing you can about your illness, Then councaling find others in suport groups who you can talk to. In the UK we have the Terance Higgings trust they set you up with a buddy who comes round and talk to you about the day to day stuff you need to know and to deal with the depression.

I do hope you find councaling 1st and not a gun, you can make a much better life than you think and there is suport out there.

all the best

Before you go about killing yourself..Do a few things on this list...GO

1) Sky diving

2) Visit the Grand Canyon

3) See a Volcano in person.

4) Find that special someone so that both he/she can enjoy life together in harmony.

5) Before you think pulling the trigger, remember, would you rather leave your mark on the ground or would you rather leave your mark in history.

MIghtyxpro

Well, if you are going to be dead, I for one don't value the "it'd inflict pain on others" idea...I mean, you don't give a monkeys if you're in oblivion.

If you become chronically depressed, your body will gradually sut down anyway through all the illness extreme depressive trauma will expose you to. It might not be classed as suicide, but dwelling on and feeding depression will definitely shorten your life.

• 6 months later...

worry is some thing only the living do, no you would be over, but you death would carry one, like I said giving pain to all thows who know you.

the will ask "WHY", "could I have done some thing" giult and pain over and over and all becouse you could not find a way, seek a ways to not couse them that pain

have a look look around the Suicide list here, we get a stady stream of posters who have lost family to Suicide and then they them selfs start to

feel a deep scance of loss and greaf until they in turn become Suicidel.

There was a Oz girl 13 whos did killed him self when she ws 8, her, her brother and mother had there life runined becouse her dad did this.

he was ill, his illness killed him but yet thay paid for his act.

Humans feel, you feel you need to stop but the rest of the world dos not,

Your trying to make your self feel better but ending your life, but in fact your ending YOUR feeling for all time, all hope, all life, any child you woudl have had, any life you could have saved or changed gone for ever.

And then the fall out,

Please read throw the posts here on lost loved ones to Suicide

the you came back and tell me you dont care and wont others to

kill them selfs like you.

if you still feel that way then you are at least feeling, enjoy it now becouse

after death there is no more.

Living is hard yes but better than the alternative

• 2 weeks later...