THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

I wrote this based on my experience from trying to be friends with an ex. I call it A True Love Tragedy (Just Friends) ...I hope you guys like it.

I couldn't change the mind of my heart

and go back to like from love

A total lack of self-control

using angry words as a shove

I've pushed you so far away

seems you'll never come back to me

The spark you had for me is gone

making us a true love tragedy

Living in a constant state

of the way we use to be

Is not a smart thing to do

for lovesick fools like me

I tried everything I could

to become the man you'd want

Pulling out all the stops

while you were saying don't

I've said so many things to you

that with all my heart regret

I am only left to pray now

those words you'll soon forget

I never meant to hurt you

or to drive you away from me

I guess I wanted everything

from this true love tragedy

You wanted nothing else

than for us to be just friends

I simply couldn't handle that

so I guess our story ends

Knowing you don't love me

cuts my soul just like a knife

You're the one I'm certain

that's meant to be my wife

I guess I'll let you go now

so you can enjoy your life

Never again to bother you

with pressure, stress, and strife

Yes I do still love you

I'm sure I always will

You want nothing more to do with me

and yet I love you still

Be kind to yourself love

and always take good care

Ever if your mind should change

for you I'll always be there

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone, Day 7 NC; yesterday I receieved a text from one of my ex's girl friends if they wanted to hang out... considering that she lives at the house accross from my ex's i took it as bait and replied with "I'm too busy, but let me know another time when you want to hang out." my ex has tried to contact me the last few days, with bits and pieces, calling from restricted numbers, having her friends text me (so it seems), I'm hanging in there though, I'm not falling for any of it, strict NC still!!

hey everyone, Day 7 NC; yesterday I receieved a text from one of my ex's girl friends if they wanted to hang out... considering that she lives at the house accross from my ex's i took it as bait and replied with "I'm too busy, but let me know another time when you want to hang out." my ex has tried to contact me the last few days, with bits and pieces, calling from restricted numbers, having her friends text me (so it seems), I'm hanging in there though, I'm not falling for any of it, strict NC still!!

thats good to hear!! keep it up!!

SD and EVERYONE: Your making me blush y'all All thanx for the wonderful compliments, have almost forgotten the ex cause of you guys....

And yes, SD I'm at the office too, so tonite I will practise smiling at my webcam, and try not to look too goofy

Luv you all, Youve truly made my day

Right, posting earlier this evening - may post agian later - who knows!

Day um..13 of NC. Been feeling very up and down today. Having trouble as a result of dreams - last night I dreamt that he emailed me and 'wanted to talk' but I couldn't open the email. Woke up and sat for a long time trying to decide if I actually wanted him to contact me...

I've definitely been thinking of him a lot less. Just got on with my tasks today and he barely crossed my mind. Until I went down to the doctor. I had to go and see him to get a repeat prescription of the pill, as I'd just changed to a different type. This was a tough, as part of the reason I'd changed in the first place was for my ex. You see...I'd thought all my weird moods and depression regarding my ex was because I'd been put on a strong pill. So I changed to a lower dose, because I didn't think it was fair on him...turns out I was reacting in a perfectly normal way - he'd just let me think it was me being crazy.

Good thing though! Doctor was asking about my life..what I'm doing. I told him all about uni about going back to Portsmouth in October, and when he asked if I had a boyfriend down there, my stomach only jolted the tiniest amount, and I was even able to say "No. My boyfriend broke up wtih me a couple of weeks ago actually" I feel really proud of myself - that I didn't just completely break down - it was a matter of fact thing.

Just hope my optimism isn't some weird kind of denial and I'm actually getting worse.

Day 7

not felt as hard today as it did yesterday. i had a dip at lunchtime and the urge to contact him was so strong - i kept repeating in my mind things that he'd said to me since the split which confused me - all sorts going round in circles again and again in my head. my emotions were everywhere and im very surprised im sitting here now with NC still in tact. i really thought today i was going to break it. it actually feels harder at the minute than it did for the first few days. i feel i miss him even though my head knows he's bad news for me. i feel i want to talk to him. i wonder if he misses me. but im still holding on and am proud of myself for that. hope everyone is ok