THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WonderfulConfusion: You're welcome

Always remember: YOU are the prize.Occasioanl contact from an ex is just that....occasional contact. Getting your hopes up over one phone call or text or IM....or whatever...is only hurting YOU. I mean, how much effort does it take to type a text message , or email? NONE.

You NEVER have to settle for crumbs.......EVER.

I look as an ex who occasionally gets in contact as extremely selfish, and

egotistical...and persoanlly I wouldn;t want to be with someone who

continually hurts me like that. It is a mindset I had to attain in order to finally "get it" and remove them off that pedestal. So far it's working...

Hi all! Shaker: Yeah cannot believe my ex is moving into the place directly accross the street from me.... jeez cannot escape his grip, it seems....

and then yesterday I find out the ex has been dropping by to chat with my son when I've been at work..... gotta wonder what hes up to?

But I shall stay strong, I don't wanna talk to him, but it doesn't do much to help when he's becoming a new neighbour, just hope he doesn't knock on my door to borrow a cup of sugar or something now

](*,)

Hi All,

I've just been reading thru some of the posts here and it's true what SuperDave says. The pain does lessen each day, especially when you make a conscious effort to involve yourself in other activities. I can't lie, though. I'm on day 71 of NC and I still do think about the ex and I wonder if I'll ever find someone who will love me just as I am. SuperDave's operation analogy about having surgery is true. When you involve yourself in something meaningful and you decide that you aren't going to let what happened between you and the ex rule over your life, then it's true. You move on and you start to feel better about things and if you're like me, you take comfort in the possibility that your life will change for the better each day. Hurting and healing is a process you have to go through, not to get over. Whatever has happened, it's not your fault. You're human. And being human is something I have to remind myself about.

I want to spread good vibes and happy thoughts to everyone here today!

Cheers!

Tribecagirl!

Well, made it through another day! Last night I went out to dinner w/ 3 of my good friends .....getting out does help....just have to push myself to get out in the first place. Today will be day 23 of NC.....day 7 of the challenge. I am starting to REALLY wonder when I'll hear from him again.....b/c he ALWAYS pops up again! I am literally "rehearsing' what I will say if I run into him or if he calls me from another #......which he has done in the past. Today is a busy day .....so that 's good!! Hope everyone here is doing well w/ the challenge too! Stay strong!!

Sandy,

I see your picture and ya DON'T have a big "X" on your forehead.

I am going to make a SMALL suggestion to ya..

After this challenge.....I want to see a SMILING picture of you...do you think this can be done?

Ya know, personally...if my exmoved NEXT door to me...I would do MY BEST not to show concern.

You have to be Sandy no matter what. The more you focus on him..the more you will NOT heal. Worry ONLY about you and family...PERIOD.

You can do this Sandy. You have a big heart and I know that you can stand up for yourself....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Your Friend,

SuperDave71

Sandy,

I find that people become what they choose to be ... issues arise because self-doubt creeps in. The moment you start to doubt your ability as a human being, is the moment you are defeated.

There was a story along time ago where there was a young couple that went walking in a new neighboorhood and they came upon a new two story house that was almost completed. They went inside and the woman told her husband, who was on a low salary, that they will have a house like that someday. The man told her...we will NEVER be able to afford a home like this...the woman disagreed because she said "where there is a will, there is a way.." Her husband doubted this for weeks and weeks.

The wife was sooo persistent thinking about that house that they saw...telling her husband SOMEDAY...we can get a house JUST LIKE THAT ONE....

Finally, the husband begand to agree with her. For years, at breakfast,,,they would tell one another jokingly that they were one day closer to getting a 'dream home'...

A few years pass...

They went walking once again and they came upon a new lot...no home was built. The husband asked his wife..

"Let's go look inside..." The wife, perplpexed, said "There is nothing there"...

The husband replied...."Yes there is...."It's where our dream home is being built."

Dream come true if you just have a positive outlook.

I promise you.

-Your Friend,

SuperDave71

Why in the world would you say such a thing Pisces?

If I am taking your words correctly, were you contemplating suicide? If not, I am sorry for the assumtion.

I once contemplated that foolishness for a girl when I was 17. WRONG answer! I could NOT imagine that thought today because I went thru it.

To end a life that God himself created would not only be wrong (in my opinion) it would be soooo disappointing to you and what you could have accomoplished in your life.

The way I see it is this...( Just a silly thought )

If I did kill myself ( NO WAY!) ...and I saw God...

He would lead me into a theater. He would ask me to sit down as he handed me a soda, popcorn and candy.

I would ask him, what are we doing and he would say.. "Since you did what you did, I want to show you what "I" had planned for you.

So there I would be sitting beside God in a nice, heavenly theater watching all the WONDERFUL things I could have done and experienced.

I would not only feel rotten afterwords, he would show me how happy the person was that I was distraught over...

They would not however be happy that I was gone..but that they happily moved on....

I would ask God..."Why are they so happy and you let me be so sad..?"

God would reply,"Because you had more to learn...it's a shame you didn't"

This my be a tad silly but ya know...I do believe it.

Think about it...

Your friend,

SuperDave71

day 2 ( feeling ok but kinda sad). but im sure i can get through this..

i changed my Aim/Yahoo Sn's. I do get tempted to go back on my regular SNs and talk to him but i don't. I would stay on the sn but he tends to talk to me after few days but i dont want that. as much as i still care/love him... he disrespected me and my feelings ( after we broke up).. he basically confused me... im tired of figuring things out and im going on with my life without him.....

i woke up this morning telling myself.....everything will be okay...just gota be strong.