THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

day 2

well i think reality is sinking in, very slowly

i feel realieved now,

i think i'm beginning to accept that she's not the one

and i found a very good quotes

"if you can love the wrong person this much, imagine how much you are going to love the right person"

thinking of this gives me hope

that someday, someone far better for me will come

and she's out there somewhere, waiting for me to heal

i love that quote....wow....!

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of Day 2

Had a generally boring day, non-productive and sad at most times...

but ive decided to try and take some action by copying and pasting some of the great advice ive found on here.. so whenever i feel really down i can read it all on one page!

Hope this is a step in the right direction...

Today is day 2. Not much different going on. Still doing NC, still want to reconcile, but trying to make the very best of each day.

2 months ago until about a month ago I would print out loads of posts from this site and another. I probably have a good inch stack of crap printed out lmao. I rarely look at them anymore, but back then they helped me a TON.

day 3

she was the first thing i thought of when i woke up... kind of annoying really.. i hate waking up feeling like this...

lexion- you are right about being able to love the right person a whole lot more..hang in there man.

day 2

this is a very lonely afternoon

usually we chat, or go someplace, maybe shopping, or just talk

i miss her, so much

i feel sad, lonely, and broken

she said that her love for me has gone since 1 year ago,

and i can't keep me from blaming myself,

i hate her for making me feel this way

but i still love her, i don't know what to do

lexion, try not to think of the things you did together...it will only tear you apart even more.

think of the things you used to do prior to meeting her, and all the things you used to enjoy before this time.

hope it helps.

Day 18

Shucks, just when I was doing really well - I had a bad night last night. For the first couple of weeks after the breakup, I was having a really tough time sleeping through the night, because I'd wake up thinking about things and be unable to get back to sleep. However, over the last week or so, I've been able to sleep through most nights without any problems (progress!). Then last night, pretty much out of nowhere, I got barely any sleep, because I kept on dreaming about us. The dreams are pretty much all the same - we reconcile, and end up spending happy times together. So, yeah, I know that it goes back and forth and up and down...I just needed to vent about it.

(Though, it'd be nice if those dreams came true, eh?)

Sam and lexion - it's really touching to see how well you guys support each other - gets me kind of choked up!!

Ahh...emotional day - GetMeBack is approaching the last leg of NC - Sam coming up on day 4 - gee is leaving for China - the days are flying by now....... I am just a big sap when it comes down to it!

Fox, I would envision how you are going to feel once you've deleted - do you think you'll be able to get out there and try some new things? Or will you start panicking?

I am always an advocate for walking right through the fire - meaning face the loss head on - so my suggestion would be go for it!

DuRuffio - sorry you felt setback - you have been doing so well - you can make it, I know.

messenger (hugs) - I'm just glad to see your posts everyday

Keep going everyone - you should be proud.

Day 3.

Recently I was talking with a friend that was in love with a guy 4 years ago. He left her. Now both of them are in the long relationships. But after some period they somehow regained "frienship", since last October. Since then, they have sex from time to time.

Obviously, the only way to really get over someone(if you do not get back with him)is to avoid any kind of contact.

I called 4 days ago my ex because he had the surgery next day. Told him to text me when he gets better(not to let myself to call him). Now, I need time for myself again to continue with my life. He did not let me do that. Every time I get over him, he starts to contact me, and my feelings come back. Now, I decided to let go again...

aww your so sweet

i get moments when i feel i can accept this.. and begin to think that good things will come in the future...

i am nowhere near ready at the moment... i do still miss being around her.

i also wonder if we will be friends?and how long will it take?

Well day 22 for me.

Just come back from my nans. Feel good today..

Wow just nearly over a week before the end of the challenge. But I will be going longer..

If i can do a month without him. Evidence states that I can live without him. Something I never thought I can do..

it will go a lot longer then 30 days, I'm over 3 months in and still struggle.

Well day 22 for me.

Just come back from my nans. Feel good today..

Wow just nearly over a week before the end of the challenge. But I will be going longer..

If i can do a month without him. Evidence states that I can live without him. Something I never thought I can do..

Fox, I would envision how you are going to feel once you've deleted - do you think you'll be able to get out there and try some new things? Or will you start panicking?

I'm not panicking at all. I'm just wondering if I should block her on MSN, or just delete her. Maybe I'm over-analyzing this... but I think by blocking her, it will make it obvious to her that I'm hurt by her, at the same time she will know that I'm gone from her life and she won't know what I'm up to (not that she cares).

Should I or shouldn't I?

fox hmm.. both cases are good...its up to you man... it depends what you think her reaction will be.. would you be distracted to talk to her if you only blocked her?

i dont really know what to do about myself to be honest... i want to break NC already and jsut make things right..with her as my friend

This is a great quote for us all -

"No Contact is difficult and at times heart-wrenching – but healing will occur if you tough it out and hang in there.

Contacting your ex may bring you temporary relief, but it only makes things harder in the long run – it’s akin to scratching chicken-pox. You will have an almost overwhelming urge to scratch and scratch…knowing that while it may make you feel great momentarily, it will ultimately delay the healing."

You are welcome Sam - I'm beginning to believe in your willpower.....

Jade - I hope people appreciate that art and if you have any pics on line - we'd love to see them. Also want to introduce you to this site - link removed - it's great place for creative people to exchange arts and crafts.

What great news Getmeback - you are finding that light - I can telll.....

Tinnes - I hope your ex's surgery goes well, I really do. I think you handling this well - being supportive but not expecting from him. It is a good skill to use on everyone in our lives.

This day is coming to a close fast - the support is wonderful today!!